Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online: Interview with Craig Morrison

Craig Morrison is the Community Manager for Funcom's Anarchy Online. The original sci-fi MMORPG, AO has been going for quite some time and it had been too long since we'd heard some word. Today, we get our update.

image MMORPG.com: AO made news by having one of the first in-game advertisements, are there any plans to have more ads in the game?

Craig Morrison: The advertising system is always evolving; we have already introduced video and interactive advertising to Anarchy Online since we began our partnership with massive Inc last year. The optional nature of the system for paying subscribers and the flow of free players into the game means that the advertising works towards maintaining the game in a way that just wouldn't be possible otherwise. We are always careful with the advertising implementations, and are always working to ensure that they appear as an integrated part of the game world and aren't intrusive to players.

The whole interview is here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Now this is a game they should make a sequel to. So many good lessons learned, tons of experience through the years and one of the most magical and fascinating universes out there, not to mention most original.

Will probably never be, but it would be tons more exciting than the thousands of fantasy sequels.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    I wish these guys nothing but the best.   A really great game, by a good company, with great support. 

• WindlionWindlion Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Interesting interview, but I really wish funcom, would put even more effort in ao, it is really and truly a great game! I  hope down the road, they add a massive amount of updates, especially a graphic update ! with new models, and armor,  races, classes,  etc etc. but I wish them the best.
  • RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    AO2 now that would be a killer game

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• tighersensetighersense Member Posts: 8
    agree with all above

tighersense

• MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Long and happy life to AO! The experience Funcom got till now surely will be used in Conan, but as any other AO-lovers I also wish they continue to work on that great game.
  • trajan22trajan22 Member Posts: 91
    give me AO2 on a different planet with no hecklers please!