Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read Before Posting

2»

Comments

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Bah I think Jon is doing fine and the best he can with all of this mess and that is all you can ask for.

Bottom line most of us old Vets have a place to hang and wish, complain, rant and bitch about what we liked, loved and wished we had back.

At times we have to see some utter bullshit sure, but still we deal with it.

Like I said before, you do not need to be a Monkey to figure out just how bad the product is now.

SOE will even tell you more or less but you just have to see it.

• ShadowLordsShadowLords Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by iskareot

Bah I think Jon is doing fine and the best he can with all of this mess and that is all you can ask for.
    Bottom line most of us old Vets have a place to hang and wish, complain, rant and bitch about what we liked, loved and wished we had back.
    At times we have to see some utter bullshit sure, but still we deal with it.
    Like I said before, you do not need to be a Monkey to figure out just how bad the product is now.
    SOE will even tell you more or less but you just have to see it.

I don't think it is MMORPG.com's fault either. Least for the most part (90% of the problem belongs to the people doing the flaming). It isn't a pleasent situation to try and manage.

Unfortunately there is a saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." But that doesn't mean those people are in the right. I think the fanbois have probably complained the loudest, thus Mr. Woods one sided post.

I think a few of the Vets/antiNGErs in THIS forum have now reacted. More people need to step up to the plate to show we speak with one voice. The antiNGErs also need to start policing their own. We can start by giving the proNGErs their space and stay out of their forum, ESPECIALLY if you can't be reasonably civil.

I think the staff at MMORPG.com know all too well what has been going on with SWG. I want to believe that they have split the forums to try to accomodate both sides. So both sides can be heard with out everyone getting into a flame war.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by ShadowLords

This entire post seems one sided. You must be saying that anti-NGE people have to take the flaming, beratement, and personal attacks from the proNGE people.
    It seems pretty silly that you have to post something like this in the "Refugee" forum regarding the treatment of proNGE people. Maybe the problem isn't the antiNGE'rs or the former SWG players. Maybe just maybe the problem is with some of the proNGErs posting in the "Refugee" forum because they don't like what they are reading ... even if it is the truth.

Your opinion is idiotic.image

Originally posted by anarchyart

This entire post seems one sided. You must be saying that anti-NGE people have to take the flaming, beratement, and personal attacks from the proNGE people.
    It seems pretty silly that you have to post something like this in the "Refugee" forum regarding the treatment of proNGE people. Maybe the problem isn't the antiNGE'rs or the former SWG players. Maybe just maybe the problem is with some of the proNGErs posting in the "Refugee" forum because they don't like what they are reading ... even if it is the truth.

Your opinion is idiotic.image

As if I CARE what you think?

Obviousely unable to formulate anything more than a 4 word, one sentence reponse. And unable to explain why.

Nope he isn't even a regular here! Just someone that likes to pop into a threads to give someone grief. LOLOL

He likes Vanguard tho .... LOL

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by nthnaoun

Shadow,
    Some of what you say is true, but most of it is subjective and is open to opinion. Whether the NGE is better than the Pre-CU or the other way arround is opinion, not fact. A bigger playerbase does not make the Pre-CU game a better game than NGE, because one mans trash is anothers treasure. So saying a particular version of a game is better is just opinion. So it is not stirring up trouble to post as such in the Refuge section if they are Vets themselves. It is okay to have a differing opinion without it being an attack and that is what Stradden is trying to get across to you. Keep also in mind that subscription numbers to all MMORPG's but WoW drop and keep dropping over a period of years, so even if Pre-CU stayed around, people would have quit anyways out of boredom and many people has stated as much in the General Discussion forum over the past year. No I admit, most MMO's tend to level off at some point which SWG didn't do. I don't deny the fact that the NGE is a bad business move, because it was and it cost SOE tons of money. But the NGE still may be better to those that play the game. Let people have their own opinion without attacking them, that is all Stradden is trying to say. Sometimes people who think they are right and justified need to swallow their pride and just let people think or feel what they want.

YOU and others may WISH it to be an opinion, but it is NOT.

The FACT is, that IF the NGE was worth playing then there would NOT have been a loss of some 75 percent (or more) of the playerbase.

If you can't handle the TRUTH or want to legitimize the NGE then you need to go back to the "Current" forum. I am NOT debating whether someone has the right to like the NGE. I am debating ... NO ... I am stating a fact that the NGE is garbage and will always be garbage. The size or lack of size of the playerbase in this instance proves I am right. I am sorry for being direct but I am tired of this BS.

Whether or not the NGE is, was, or ever has been successful is NOT debatable. It CLEARLY has NOT been ... ever.

Whether or not the playerbase is as large as preNGE is not debatable. It is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller.

Whether or not the NGE is an enjoyable game (AS A WHOLE) is not debatable. It is not enjoyable to the OVERwhelming majority of people that have played it.

Whether or not someone does like or has the right to LIKE the NGE is not the subject here. I would agree with you about the NGE being an "opinion" IF the playerbase level remained the same or especially if the numbers increased even slightly.

If someone said something like, "I like SWG and the NGE because it is still Star Wars." it would be a statement I can accept wholeheartedly. This is an opinion and it is cool. But do NOT try to pass off the NGE as something that it isn't. That will just stir up trouble and should be considered flame bait. Thus a violation of the RoC.

Your statement is directed one way. It is about time it went both ways. After all this is the "Refugee" forum.

And why is it that you are jumping down my throat? I don't even play the stupid game anymore. I am using text book definitions here and you are arguing with emotion. Text book opinion doesn't state that an equal amount of people should like the NGE as the Pre-CU for it to be an opinion. A game being good is subjective to individual opinion. A game being successful is not. The NGE is not successful and that is Fact! But it is also fact that people like the Pre-CU, just like it is fact that people like the NGE. This shows you that this is an argument of opinion which is dumb. Arguing over opinion is silly, because people can have their own opinion.

I know you are mad and angry, but directing your hate towards me is wrong. I am a refugee also, but I am educated and know the difference between opinion and fact. If you want to argue facts then fine. Argue that it is a fact that the majority of the SWG playerbase liked the Pre-CU better or argue the fact that the NGE is a failure, but don't try to state what is opinion as fact, such as a game being good to an individual person or not. Let a person decide if a game is good to them for themselves.

And why is it that you are jumping down my throat? I don't even play the stupid game anymore. I am using text book definitions here and you are arguing with emotion. Text book opinion doesn't state that an equal amount of people should like the NGE as the Pre-CU for it to be an opinion. A game being good is subjective to individual opinion. A game being successful is not. The NGE is not successful and that is Fact! But it is also fact that people like the Pre-CU, just like it is fact that people like the NGE. This shows you that this is an argument of opinion which is dumb. Arguing over opinion is silly, because people can have their own opinion.
    I know you are mad and angry, but directing your hate towards me is wrong. I am a refugee also, but I am educated and know the difference between opinion and fact. If you want to argue facts then fine. Argue that it is a fact that the majority of the SWG playerbase liked the Pre-CU better or argue the fact that the NGE is a failure, but don't try to state what is opinion as fact, such as a game being good to an individual person or not. Let a person decide if a game is good to them for themselves.

As Beatnik said, this forum is about (and I will copy):

SWG Veteran Refuge
    A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced

You know sometimes people need to to use a little COMMON SENSE. Obviously the facts surrounding SWG are as plain as day. ANYONE who is reasonable would admit that the NGE is a total failure.

You TRY to make an arguement about opinion. Ok ... let's put numbers to your "opinion". 350,000 played preCU and 340,000 of them what anything preNGE. There is only about 10,000 people left in SWG today. So this means that the current playerbase is only about 3.5 percent of what SWG was in its heyday. Meaning some 96.5 percent of the former playerbase left the game due to the NGE.

• Fact. That this overwhelmingly says the NGE is a failure.
    • Fact. The size of the playerbase is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller.
    • Fact. The OVERWHELMING majority hate the NGE, $OE, and $LA/$LEC
    • Fact. The NGE is the WORST incarnation of SWG.
    • Fact. There are still many bugs in the current game.

What you and people LIKE you don't seem to understand is that when you come into a forum (where we are SUPPOSE to have the freedom of expressing our thoughts and feelings) and start saying stuff that is in a DIRECT contradiction to the OBVIOUS facts,  then I submit that those people are trying to start a flame war. Any mature person can see this.

As a mature, objective adult one needs to look at the facts to formulate an opinion. As we do here in the Refugee forum. However, as we all know there is always a percentage of people that will go AGAINST whatever is most popular. In this instance we are talking about the few thousand or so people left playing the NGE out of 350,000.

1. Q. Do they like the game? A. I would assume so otherwise they would NOT be playing.
    2. Q. Are they allowed to say they like the game? A. Absolutely.

So where is the problem? The problem is that any MATURE and REASONABLE person that still playes SWG SHOULD be able to admit all of the facts listed above. However, the NGE fanbios that post in the REFUGEE forum can't seem to admit that these things are true and carry on like the NGE is the best thing that ever happened to SWG. When they do this In the REFUGEE forum it starts flamewars. Some people call this flamebait ... maybe you heard of this term before?

The place for all the proNGErs to put their posts saying stuff like the NGE is the best incarnation of SWG is in THEIR OWN FORUM. They should be able to say whatever they want there without fear of being flamed. The same goes for us in the Refugee forum. Like I said before, I have no problem with somene that says I still like SWG regardless of its problems because it is still Star Wars. But to pass something off that is an obvious lie is PURE flamebait and should not be tolerated.

One other example of a proNGEr NOT being able to admit the truth was when Obriak and I got into it recently about Smugglers. I stated the Smugglers still can not smuggle, Obriak said they can, then I copied 6 links to current topics in the Official Smugglers forum all complaining about Smugglers not being able to smuggle. Obriak never again posted in that thread nor did he ever admit he was wrong. Very sad for a SUPPOSED adult.

SWG Veteran Refuge
    A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced

You know sometimes people need to to use a little COMMON SENSE. Obviously the facts surrounding SWG are as plain as day. ANYONE who is reasonable would admit that the NGE is a total failure.

You TRY to make an arguement about opinion. Ok ... let's put numbers to your "opinion". 350,000 played preCU and 340,000 of them what anything preNGE. There is only about 10,000 people left in SWG today. So this means that the current playerbase is only about 3.5 percent of what SWG was in its heyday. Meaning some 96.5 percent of the former playerbase left the game due to the NGE.

What you and people LIKE you don't seem to understand is that when you come into a forum (where we are SUPPOSE to have the freedom of expressing our thoughts and feelings) and start saying stuff that is in a DIRECT contradiction to the OBVIOUS facts,  then I submit that those people are trying to start a flame war. Any mature person can see this.

As a mature, objective adult one needs to look at the facts to formulate an opinion. As we do here in the Refugee forum. However, as we all know there is always a percentage of people that will go AGAINST whatever is most popular. In this instance we are talking about the few thousand or so people left playing the NGE out of 350,000.

1. Q. Do they like the game? A. I would assume so otherwise they would NOT be playing.

So where is the problem? The problem is that any MATURE and REASONABLE person that still playes SWG SHOULD be able to admit all of the facts listed above. However, the NGE fanbios that post in the REFUGEE forum can't seem to admit that these things are true and carry on like the NGE is the best thing that ever happened to SWG. When they do this In the REFUGEE forum it starts flamewars. Some people call this flamebait ... maybe you heard of this term before?

The place for all the proNGErs to put their posts saying stuff like the NGE is the best incarnation of SWG is in THEIR OWN FORUM. They should be able to say whatever they want there without fear of being flamed. The same goes for us in the Refugee forum. Like I said before, I have no problem with somene that says I still like SWG regardless of its problems because it is still Star Wars. But to pass something off that is an obvious lie is PURE flamebait and should not be tolerated.

One other example of a proNGEr NOT being able to admit the truth was when Obriak and I got into it recently about Smugglers. I stated the Smugglers still can not smuggle, Obriak said they can, then I copied 6 links to current topics in the Official Smugglers forum all complaining about Smugglers not being able to smuggle. Obriak never again posted in that thread nor did he ever admit he was wrong. Very sad for a SUPPOSED adult.

And carrying a rude tone throughout this post and being condesending and then gloating over a post with Obraik is adult like? image

Obraik has always acted like an adult and puts up with the abuse on this forum rather well. I agree with all those facts, but it is opinion to state that a game is better then than now. Sure the overwhelming majority thinks that Pre-CU is better, but it is obvious that some people do not agree or SWG wouldn't have any subscribers left. The interesting thing about facts is that any reasonable person cannot deny them, because they have been proven as facts. But a gamer version being better to an INDIVIDUAL person is opinion, because only the INDIVIDUAL can be the judge of that. Now if the question was, "Is it a fact that the majority of SWG players, past and present think that the Pre-CU version is the better SWG," then I would have to say, "yes, it is a fact."

I broke it down as far as I could there. If you don't get it now, then you never will and you are just one of those people that cannot reason correctly.

SWG Veteran Refuge

And carrying a rude tone throughout this post and being condesending and then gloating over a post with Obraik is adult like? image

Obraik has always acted like an adult and puts up with the abuse on this forum rather well. I agree with all those facts, but it is opinion to state that a game is better then than now. Sure the overwhelming majority thinks that Pre-CU is better, but it is obvious that some people do not agree or SWG wouldn't have any subscribers left. The interesting thing about facts is that any reasonable person cannot deny them, because they have been proven as facts. But a gamer version being better to an INDIVIDUAL person is opinion, because only the INDIVIDUAL can be the judge of that. Now if the question was, "Is it a fact that the majority of SWG players, past and present think that the Pre-CU version is the better SWG," then I would have to say, "yes, it is a fact."

I broke it down as far as I could there. If you don't get it now, then you never will and you are just one of those people that cannot reason correctly.

No ... the problem here is that you just don't get it. You agree with EVERYTHING except that when Obriak or priing spews their BS here in the Refugee forum that it is stirring up trouble. You think Obriak is so wonderful? Show me ONE damn post from any ANTINGEr that says something bad about the NGE or $OE that Obriak agrees with ... show me one ... there has to be one somewhere. Politicians agree on more than Obriak EVER has. You call me gloating? All I did was mention something that occured and now I am gloating? I made a point and a point that you, nor your wonderful Obriak or anyone else can argue against because there isn't any. Excuse the Hell out of me for making a point you can't argue with.

I believe it is you and people like Obriak and others that just can't be reasoned with.

Rude? I am rude? Am I caling you or anyone names? I am stating facts that can be backed up AND that you agree with. What I am doing is presenting a view that you don't like. What we have here is that you don't like what I am saying, so now I am rude. LOL

No ... the problem here is that you just don't get it. You agree with EVERYTHING except that when Obriak or priing spews their BS here in the Refugee forum that it is stirring up trouble. You think Obriak is so wonderful? Show me ONE damn post from any ANTINGEr that says anything bad about the NGE or $OE that Obriak agrees with ... show me one ... there has to be one somewhere. Politicians agree on more than Obriak EVER has. You call me gloating? All I did was mention something that occured and now I am gloating? I made a point and a point that you, nor your wonderful Obriak or anyone else can argue against because there isn't any. Excuse the Hell out of me for making a point you can't argue with.
    I believe it is you and people like Obriak and others that just can't be reasoned with.
    Rude? I am rude? Am I caling you or anyone names? I am stating facts that can be backed up AND that you agree with. What I am doing is presenting a view that you don't like. What we have here is that you don't like what I am saying, so now I am rude. LOL

Let it go man. I respect Obraik just as much as I respect any person who can post without flaming a person, whether they are for or against the NGE. In fact, I can care less who thinks what version of the game is better. I know which version is better and I don't need someone to agree with me to feel good.

I only stand up for those whose opinion is being shut out, because of hate and rage. If it was the Vets whose opinion was being stompled out in these forums, then I would be defending them. Everyone is entitled to their opinon and I like to see it stay that way.

No ... the problem here is that you just don't get it. You agree with EVERYTHING except that when Obriak or priing spews their BS here in the Refugee forum that it is stirring up trouble. You think Obriak is so wonderful? Show me ONE damn post from any ANTINGEr that says anything bad about the NGE or $OE that Obriak agrees with ... show me one ... there has to be one somewhere. Politicians agree on more than Obriak EVER has. You call me gloating? All I did was mention something that occured and now I am gloating? I made a point and a point that you, nor your wonderful Obriak or anyone else can argue against because there isn't any. Excuse the Hell out of me for making a point you can't argue with.

Let it go man. I respect Obraik just as much as I respect any person who can post without flaming a person, whether they are for or against the NGE. In fact, I can care less who thinks what version of the game is better. I know which version is better and I don't need someone to agree with me to feel good.

I only stand up for those whose opinion is being shut out, because of hate and rage. If it was the Vets whose opinion was being stompled out in these forums, then I would be defending them. Everyone is entitled to their opinon and I like to see it stay that way.

image You still just don't get it. You need to back thru and read all the other posts in this thread. Maybe then you can grasp what we are all talking about.

So when proNGErs come into the antiNGE forum on a regular basis and argue on how we are all wrong. That isn't trying to shut us out of our own forum? Need I have to do this again?

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced.

image You still just don't get it. You need to back thru and read all the other posts in this thread. Maybe then you can grasp what we are all talking about.

So when proNGErs come into the antiNGE forum on a regular basis and argue on how we are all wrong. That isn't trying to shut us out of our own forum? Need I have to do this again?

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone. *Note, MMORPG.com RoC will still be enforced.

I see the same arguing on the other forum. I'll tell you what, if a mod tells me never to post in this forum again, then I won't. But I am a former SWG player with opinions of my own, so if I want to speak those opinions in the forum I belong in, then I will. Or do you really think that the mods will create another forum to segregate the unbiased veterans from the disgruntled veterans?

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

I see the same arguing on the other forum. I'll tell you what, if a mod tells me never to post in this forum again, then I won't. But I am a former SWG player with opinions of my own, so if I want to speak those opinions in the forum I belong in, then I will. Or do you really think that the mods will create another forum to segregate the unbiased veterans from the disgruntled veterans?

They already are segregated. The key word there is ""disgruntled" former and current players". You see anything in there that says pro NGE or pro $OE? Current players are allowed to be disgruntled too.

This is what is says for the "Current" forum:

SWG Current
    Defined as: A place to talk about the game as it is today, for gamers who currently play or are interested in trying it out. *Note: RoC will be STRICTLY enforced. Absolutely no trolling, flaming or the like will be tolerated.

But somehow you and the Obriaks of this world seem to think you own it all and can FREELY walk all over us Vets that use the Refugee forum.

If MMORPG.com allows you guys to continue to come into the Refugee forum that THEY created and was never asked for, then it would be a shame to see thousands of pissed off posters leaving here and start flaming this site that provides such a good service. It truly would be a sad day for this to happen. The forum was split to STOP the flaming... so why do you proNGErs continue the flamebaiting in the Refugee forum?

Now look at the 2 forum definitions in the same post:

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

Hey i've got an idea..

How about everybody just quit wasting their energy on hating a umm... VIDEO GAME! and start doing something good for their community.

Instead of everybody tring to scream over everyone and throw around insults why not just take a break this holiday season and actually use your energy in a more positive way.  Volunteer your time for the needy, give to poor children, help end animal abuse.. whatever it is.  Just give it a break already.. everyone's useless look-at-me-and-my-oh-so-important-opinion post regarding this game are really getting rediculous and stale.

I will not be returning to this forum again so flame (and make dumb jokes) away but just remember to look in your heart this upcoming holiday season to find a way to serve mankind (and animals too image).  Later..

They already are segregated. The key word there is ""disgruntled" former and current players". You see anything in there that says pro NGE or pro $OE? Current players are allowed to be disgruntled too.

SWG Current
    Defined as: A place to talk about the game as it is today, for gamers who currently play or are interested in trying it out. *Note: RoC will be STRICTLY enforced. Absolutely no trolling, flaming or the like will be tolerated.

But somehow you and the Obriaks of this world seem to think you own it all and can FREELY walk all over us Vets that use the Refugee forum.

If MMORPG.com allows you guys to continue to come into the Refugee forum that THEY created and was never asked for, then it would be a shame to see thousands of pissed off posters leaving here and start flaming this site that provides such a good service. It truly would be a sad day for this to happen. The forum was split to STOP the flaming... so why do you proNGErs continue the flamebaiting in the Refugee forum?

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

So where do I belong then? I don't play the NGE, nor am I interested in playing it and I am a Pre-NGE Vet. Common sense would say that I sure as hell do not belong in the Current playerbase forum. Also, show me in my past few posts where I said I like the NGE? Also, show me where I've posted in the Vet forums, where I was walking all over Vets.

Now quit playing the victim here, because it is pathetic. You should also reread everything I've written in the past 2 days you've been arguing with me. I've never once supported the idea that the NGE is around. Hell, I even agreed that the NGE was a mistake and I even agreed that Pre-CU was better, but all I said is that Obraik and others are entitled to their opinion and that believing that the NGE is better than Pre-CU is an opinion, not a fact. You just keep going off on emotional tangits. You've even resulted in stereotyping me into something I am not, because I disagree with you. You have crossed the line and should reread and rethink what you have said.

Now I am done with this subject. I've already stated what needs to be said and I am through repeating myself. I have a child at home, I do not need to repeat myself to children on the internet too.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    hmmm, is this all because of Smedley and the remember remember the 15th of november video from the emu team? :)

SWG Current

This forum is:

SWG Veteran Refuge

It is defined as:

So where do I belong then? I don't play the NGE, nor am I interested in playing it and I am a Pre-NGE Vet. Common sense would say that I sure as hell do not belong in the Current playerbase forum. Also, show me in my past few posts where I said I like the NGE? Also, show me where I've posted in the Vet forums, where I was walking all over Vets.

Now quit playing the victim here, because it is pathetic. You should also reread everything I've written in the past 2 days you've been arguing with me. I've never once supported the idea that the NGE is around. Hell, I even agreed that the NGE was a mistake and I even agreed that Pre-CU was better, but all I said is that Obraik and others are entitled to their opinion and that believing that the NGE is better than Pre-CU is an opinion, not a fact. You just keep going off on emotional tangits. You've even resulted in stereotyping me into something I am not, because I disagree with you. You have crossed the line and should reread and rethink what you have said.

Now I am done with this subject. I've already stated what needs to be said and I am through repeating myself. I have a child at home, I do not need to repeat myself to children on the internet too.

I don't care where anyone posts in reality. But I do care if someone that is a proNGEr steps into the Refugee forum and starts in with their BS and then the antiNGE people catch heat because of a flame war in their own forum.

Let's get something straight RIGHT NOW ... I am NOT playing victim. YOU are the person trying to argue that the Obriaks in here are intitled to their "opinion" in the Refugee forum KNOWING ALL TOO WELL that it is more than likely to start a flame war. Your comment is pathetic. In addition, I have never said you supported the NGE. I have mentioned that you have agreed with all the facts surrounding what the NGE has done to the game. If you are going to try to make an arguement, you are going to have to do better than that. I guess that means the area where you and I differ is that you think the Obriaks of this world have the right to start trouble in the Refugee forum. Shame you couldn't figure this out on your own.

LOL people that get their ass handed to them usually resort to insults or someting that they percieve as insult.  You crossed that line when you are insinuating that I am a child and that you don't have time for children on the internet since you have one at home. Something coming from someone that has their age (hidden). LOL

I have made my point and you can't respond in a fashion other than an insult. ROFLMAO look who really is the child here. image 

I just reread one of my post and I did group you in with the proNGErs. My appologies. It probably happened because you are so passionately defending Obriaks right to argue with people in this forum on things that are so blatantly obvious in regards to the state of the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    In many ways this forum resembles Fox News. You just gotta love to hate it .image

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• 1badjedi1badjedi Member Posts: 41

lol

i got page 2 and i was howling. this thread has the force.

ya gotta love watchin the pre cu guys argue with board mods. makes me feel like im on the old swg boards. i used to love it then but now i no longer partake. my blood pressure has gotten much better too.
  • NaplesNaples Member Posts: 19

Tell me what is so Pro about the NGE? Its a First person shooter, Melee prof... aka Starter Jedi is dead... Go BH go now everybody has a pistole yes even JEDI to kill stuff in a decent way. Its a Bad FPS ... I understand that people are upset and all that but for real the people that played the game since Beta are POed about it and there is no way they roll back so just hit the CANCEL ACCOUNT botton and leave the FPS people walk on with their new game. There is no point in remembering something that was never made for the user, but for SONY. They never game a &W$^$ about us and you can clearly see it in the NGE so stop flaming on the other hand people that came after the NGE and don't know any better. I played SWG for over 3 years and Hit the Cancel botton and I will never go back ! thats a fact.

Originally posted by Stradden

Ok, some people currently using this forum seem to need a reminder about of RoC. I have noticed a disturbing number of threads that attack other people. THIS IS STRICTLY AGAINST OUR RULES. You can not come in here and talk about "Stupid NGE people". It's ok to call someone's opinion idiodic, but it's not ok to call someone an idiot.

People who disagree with you are just as entitled to their opinions as you are, and raking them over the coals in these forums is not going to be tolerated.

If you want to talk about the NGE and how much you dislike it. Fine, but we don't need 1,000 threads on the subject. Frankly, it's been a year. If you're still upset about it, I don't blame you and I support you in that. Your anger does not give you the right to flame others. This is not an "open forum for hate".  If you want to discuss the old game here, do so. If you want to express your displeasure over the changes, do so. DO NOT make it a personal issue. DO NOT berate others.

All that we are asking from you is that you post in a civilized manner.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers

Jon Wood

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96

TAPS

-Day is done, gone the sun,

From the lake, from the hills, from the sky,

All is well, safely rest, god is nigh.

-Fading light, dims the sight,

And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright,

From afar, drawing nigh, falls the night.

-Thanks and praise, for our days,

Neath the sun, 'neath the stars, neath the sky,

As we go, this we know, god is nigh.

-Sun has set, shadows come,

Time has fled, Scouts must go to their beds

Always true to the promise they made.

-While the light fades from sight,

And the stars gleaming rays softly send,

To thy hands we our souls, Lord, commend.

REST IN PEACE SWG

• stinneystinney Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by iskareot

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Stradden

Ok, some people currently using this forum seem to need a reminder about of RoC. I have noticed a disturbing number of threads that attack other people. THIS IS STRICTLY AGAINST OUR RULES. You can not come in here and talk about "Stupid NGE people". It's ok to call someone's opinion idiodic, but it's not ok to call someone an idiot.

People who disagree with you are just as entitled to their opinions as you are, and raking them over the coals in these forums is not going to be tolerated.

If you want to talk about the NGE and how much you dislike it. Fine, but we don't need 1,000 threads on the subject. Frankly, it's been a year. If you're still upset about it, I don't blame you and I support you in that. Your anger does not give you the right to flame others. This is not an "open forum for hate".  If you want to discuss the old game here, do so. If you want to express your displeasure over the changes, do so. DO NOT make it a personal issue. DO NOT berate others.

All that we are asking from you is that you post in a civilized manner.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers

Jon Wood

Firstly, there's not many people here on these forums posting that play or support the current game.  Very rarely do I see those that do support it (myself included) outright call people names.  Please show me the posts where you see me or others pre-cu supporters morons, retards, kiddies, sucking at life, losers, and I could go on with the list if you really want ;)  THAT is what Stradden is talking about.

One must use common sense to know the difference though.

For instance, Nancy McNtyre thinking that people did not need to read in the pre-NGE era could be considered a insult as such.   In fact I do consider it just that.   They made the NGE without this issue and made sure that people did not need to read as much so does this insult the current NGE playerbase?

I think it does.. but hey, this is just one example of what is considered a insult to some is considered a great thing to others.    My 7 year old does not like to read, however he does not like the NGE either.. so who knows lol.

Insults are somthing that each person sees different.   No two ways about it... I find the entire game right now a insult to gamers all over....lol so maybe the whole game should just be considered one big giant ball of hate and failure lol.

No matter what way you put it, words such as moron and retard are insults.

Technically there is nothing wrong with the words MORON and RETARD. It is the context and intent that is insulting.

I could for example say that the majority of the old SWG community thinks Smedly is a moron.

I'm not insulting him, yet I used the word moron.

I could say my cousin is a retard, and if he actually is a retard, there is nothing wrong with that statement.