Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

could my spec run it?

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
I have stated in other post that i wanted to play this game bit i heard that it can give a good beating to most comps. i got a AMD 3000+ 1gig of ram and a 7600gs vid card. What i am wanting to know is if my comp could handle it? i know i could get the trial and find out but most people say that the trial dosnt clue you in on how bad it will run

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

My comp's specs are below what you have and it runs fine for me.

You just need to tweak a few of the settings such as turning shadows off etc, and other resource hungry features.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    You can run it. But it will probably be on low settings. Medium settings is where you might start seeing a bit of a lag fairly quickly. 

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

My comp is about the same as yours in specs, but with a 5500 GFX Nvidia video card.  I do experience some lag, but I personally don't mind it and have learned to deal with it. 

Graphics settings are very easy to lower when I need to.  I raid a lot with 23 other people, at least twice a week, and for raids I simply set performance level to very high, turn off particle effects and lower my texture settings a bit and I run great.  I've set up a macro in my hotbars to do this and another to switch back to my normal settings.

On those occassions when I want to really enjoy the graphics, I go to a zone that isn't highly populated and turn settings up to Very high quality...or just boost texture settings up to max and I can enjoy all the beauty of the surrounding world, see all the nice textures in my armor and weapons, etc. 

Someday I want Santa Claus to bring me a comp that lets me run on Extremely HIgh Quality all of the time, but until my wish is fulfilled, I'm  quite able to enjoy the game with my comp.  So I'm sure you will be able to also.

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267
    hey, Xan, can u post the macro sets that allow u to do that.  i want to do it too, but i dont know the macros, and since u already have them setup.  maybe i could just copy urs.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Sure I can.  Now bear in mind, my raid macro does lower character quality by quite a lot, so chars look kind of shabby (stick peoplish hehehe)  so you may want to tweak that for your own comp/playstyle/preference. 

Raid settings:

first line of macro:         /r_fast_layer_min_distance 0

second line of macro:     /cl_charactertextureshrink 4

thrid line of macro:        : ;r_ec_maxlod 0 ;num_active_spell_results 0

Retrun to normal settings:

first line of macro:         /r_fast_layer_min_distance 20

second line of macro:     /cl_charactertextureshrink 1

thrid line of macro:        : ;r_ec_maxlod 10 ;num_active_spell_results 2

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

It will run for you.  More memory would make a noticeable difference though.

• PlanoMMPlanoMM Member Posts: 1,267

Originally posted by Xandrya

Sure I can.  Now bear in mind, my raid macro does lower character quality by quite a lot, so chars look kind of shabby (stick peoplish hehehe)  so you may want to tweak that for your own comp/playstyle/preference. 
    Raid settings:
    first line of macro:         /r_fast_layer_min_distance 0
    second line of macro:     /cl_charactertextureshrink 4
    thrid line of macro:        : ;r_ec_maxlod 0 ;num_active_spell_results 0
    Retrun to normal settings:
    first line of macro:         /r_fast_layer_min_distance 20
    second line of macro:     /cl_charactertextureshrink 1
    thrid line of macro:        : ;r_ec_maxlod 10 ;num_active_spell_results 2

tyvm Xan