Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Dev Profile: Ole Herbjørnsen

The Lead Designer of Age of Conan talks about his job, how he got there and the progress of his anticipated MMOG project. Developer profiles are a weekly feature every Thursday on MMORPG.com. This is a special Saturday edition of the profiles.

image MMORPG.com: Can you remember your first video game? How often did you play, what other games had an influence on you?

Ole Herbjørnsen: As I mentioned above I started playing video games back in 1985 on the C64. I played lots of different games and off the top of my head I can remember: Bozo the Clown, Blue Max, Defender of the Crown, Wiz Ball, Hunt the Bismarck and Carrier Command.

Back in those days I would typically play 4-5 hours per day. A friend of mine had a C128 with a floppy disc, and we would play lots of different games either head-to-head or in coop (like Wiz Ball). Since the graphics back then were pretty primitive (and took a turn for the worse when I transitioned to the 80086 IBM XT with CGA-graphics!), I prefer deep and involving gameplay over fancy graphics. My favorite genres are probably strategy, role-playing games and simulator games.

The full profile is here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Good stuff.   My first computer was the Commodore 64 also.   So......this guy wins some pts :) .  I'm looking forward to Age of Conan.   I've liked what i've seen so far.   Nice Q and A. 

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
     Atari > C 64

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• RuwinRuwin Member Posts: 89

I started with the commodore 64 then went to the 128 and then an Amiga 500 :)