Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The unofficial "We hate Mourning/Thrones of Chaos" thread.

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Welcome. Taking a cue from forums concerning SOE/SWG/etc., I feel that with the controversial nature of this game and its developers it should also have a place for the disgruntled/suspicious/disbelieving ex-Mourning victims. This thread should be used to talk about your opinions, thoughts, and facts regarding Thrones of Chaos in its many incarnations and the developers behind it, from Mournings first announcement to the present day.

As the title says, I am calling this the "unofficial" thread because it was not MMORPG.COMs idea to put one in and the views expressed within this thread do not represent those of MMORPG.COM, its employees, or its affiliates; unless stated otherwise.

The floor is open. Discuss.

edit for spelling.

Comments

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

ToC is the biggest joke in the industry. ToC is vaporware,pure and simple. Don't you people ever learn from Dark and Light?

Discuss that ToC fanpersons. Because you'll be hearing it so much it's time to test your replies to it.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Agreed. i don't for one second believe that LoudAssSoftware is made up of new devs; maybe some new shills and faces for a front, but the same guys running the show in the background. What I find even more amazing than this games seemingly ungodly ability to keep on coming back, are the numbers of willing suckers available out there for these guys to prey on. And I'm not talking about the ones who are willing to give a cautious benefit of the doubt, some people will give chances no matter how many times you fuck up because they hold onto every last shred of hope that things will change. I am talking about the blind, fanatical, "Nothings wrong with these people, they're giving us everything we ask for, no matter what it is. They said so, so it's gotta be true!!" Those are the ones I will laugh at the most.

I am having no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who gets taken in by these guys. If people haven't learned from the scams after the first couple of Mournings, if anyone is dumb enough to believe these schmucks, they deserve what they get.

Oh, but I guess we better be careful what we say, 'cause we don't want little Colton to get upset and start threatening to sue us for libel or some other such nonsense (gee, that used to be one of Egomancers favorite bluffs, the good old "I'll sue you if you say something bad about me or my company!") Please! I'd love to see the boy try::::02::

Look, now we have an employee...er, fanboi named identity51 spamming my mailbox with just the most intelligent argument yet:

Here's the first:

On Oct 9, 2006 Zorvan wrote:
    You guys wanna fall for it so the rest of us can laugh, go right ahead. There seriously needs to be a zero rating available. As is. I have to give it a 1, which is 1 more than it desrves. "

hah how much a LOSER can you be?

seriously grow some brains you low life hater..

This game has some of the most experienced developers in the industry working on it and it was PROVEN 100% by the resumes that were sent in to mmorpg.com

hate on loser.

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com

Here's the second:

"We currently have a team of around twenty professional developers," Burgess explained. "Some are working remotely within the USA, most are on location here in Portland."

MMORPG.com was provided with resumes of each of the developers to confirm this.

"We currently have a team of around twenty professional developers," Burgess explained. "Some are working remotely within the USA, most are on location here in Portland."

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com

Now, don't that just take talent?::::12::

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    ya, that identity51 is prolly just another alias of the same retard that used to post links to ToC in Darkfall forums. His style of idiocy and arguments are at the same level anyway.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if I'm the only lucky focus of his e-mail attentions or if there are others he loves to hate lol. I think I know one of his aliases here by the way he loves to tell people "quiet" all the time::::07:: Wonder how long before the threats start? They were good with throwing those around in the Mourning days.

• Originally posted by Zorvan

Look, now we have an employee...er, fanboi named identity51 spamming my mailbox with just the most intelligent argument yet:Here's the first: On Oct 9, 2006 Zorvan wrote:
    You guys wanna fall for it so the rest of us can laugh, go right ahead. There seriously needs to be a zero rating available. As is. I have to give it a 1, which is 1 more than it desrves. "
    hah how much a LOSER can you be? seriously grow some brains you low life hater.. This game has some of the most experienced developers in the industry working on it and it was PROVEN 100% by the resumes that were sent in to mmorpg.com hate on loser

What's amazing is that this guy with his 100's of nicknames and abrasive trolling style thinks he's doing these guys a service. All he's ever achieved was to piss people off against what he's trying to promote in his simple-minded manner. He is a living reminder of the connection this game has with all the previous identities it's trying to disassociate itself from.

Not only does he achieve to alienate people against his cause, but he also makes people band up in favor of all the other titles he's trying to discredit to somehow make TOC look better...what is he thinking?

I don't believe there's a doubt in anyone's mind that this guy has been working for Age of mourning/realms of torment/ ToC for years. He has singlehandedly put a brand of unprofessionalism on the project he's been trying to promote and nobody can believe that any real studio would tollerate  this manchild doing their bidding for them.

Let him continue his good work of single-handedly running TOC into the ground, even though they're doing a good job on their own. If he wasn't around maybe these guys could succeed in fooling someone.

I had three PM's from 'ORLY' regards how bad Darkfall was going to be,and how Thrones of Chaos was going to be good a few weeks back. This was something the rumoured 'multi-alt' ToC advocate was apparently doing a while back on the Darkfall forums,and this ORLY seemed to follow the patterns,maybe perhaps 'adding' new points.

I have decided since Zorvan has posted his up,I will post all 3 of his PM's to me here too. (I replied to all three basically saying Darkfall is going good,I signed up for ToC beta but I'm not pleased with it so far and that you're a moron,and countering his points that seemed to be recycled from old Darkfall posts) And also to see whether anyone else has had similiar PM's/findings; Darkfall-related or not.

I will colour each one differently:

darkfall is the longest running vaporware joke in history. the game died about 3 years ago. I remember my guild following it back in early 2002 until they finally gave up (or wised up) and left.

what has darkfall managed to do in 6 full years? All they got are some horrible looking screenshots with a few people standing around in them and some bad alpha videos showing maybe 3% gameplay.. after 6 years!!!!!!

you must be freakin joking. lol

the funniest part was when that Age of conan developer was on their boards making fun of it.. what a joke. darkfall is where all the morons who followed dark and light moved too. It's almost as big of a joke as dark and light was.

wanna see what only 3 peeps can do in 1 and a half years??

www.projectoffset.com

-------
    Offset Software started as 3 people: Sam McGrath, Travis Stringer and Trevor Stringer. Initally working out of an apartment and completely self-funded, the engine and all art was created with a tiny budget -- just enough to purchase the software and hardware needed for development. The budget was small but the goal was big: to create a next generation First Person Shooter set in a fantasy world (codenamed "Project Offset"), and a powerful game engine to run it.

After a year and a half of programming work by Sam McGrath on the game engine, and with the amazing artistic skills of Travis and Trevor Stringer, the three released the two "Sneak Peek" videos, showing off the technology and world behind Project Offset. The videos took the gaming industry by storm, showing that high quality, next generation technology, graphics, and gameplay rivaling that of the biggest game studios, could still be created by a small team.
    -------

now ask what darkfall did in 6 full years other than nothing.
    do yourself a favor and wake up.

Post 2:

I dont know what a toc is really.. aoc???

one of my friends fathers has worked for EA , sony and some other places before as a senior programmer..

We asked him about a few upcoming games.. when we mentioned darkfall , he started laughing and said when he reads something sometimes about darkfall or what people post about it he can't believe that anyone even considers it to be anything worthwhile.

He said the gameplay will be terrible
    He said the graphics are terrible
    He said it will be very buggy because of the completely unproven technology being used and
    the amateur dev team.

He also said they will need to self publish because no publisher would ever touch it anymore after 2006..
    It already has a bad stigma attatched to it because of the ridiculously long dev time no matter if they "started over" or not.. that "start over" just shows one thing - they don't know what they are doing.

It's funny how many people you can get to follow a video game by putting up a website and promising the world while showing nothing. I mean look at dark and light. I've never seen any game have as many followers as that thing did and it was prolly the worste ever..

Ya I see the darkfall fans starting to use that "do-over" excuse alot.
    You know what it means when you have to start making up excuses for a games short comings?

ok I'll humor you... that still leaves 3 full years of work and nothing more than an Alpha showing maybe 1% gameplay out of a list of features that looks like something a game like world of warcraft has.

and BTW - Aventurine doesnt even exist , the company who is supposadely funding them.. I have a friend who lives in Greece and he says there is 0 record of any company like that in Greece.
    You have to ask yourself why a company that supposadely has all this cash to blow would hire a team of complete amateurs to build something as complicated as a mmorpg in a country that doesnt even allow the running of video games.

it's just a bunch of guys who got together to build a video game and are completely failing...

1. they have never made anything even close to something as complicated as a mmorpg
    2. they are using their own completely unproven technology
    3. it's been in development for 6 years already in one form or another
    4. they did not have the guts to display it at any of the game shows

I mean godamn dude..
    How much brighter does the writing on the wall need to be?

Post 3:

beta means nothing.. WISH had a beta and got cancelled..

I knew Dark and light was nothing but hype before they even had a beta.. I never played DnL and never even tried to get into it's beta because i didnt need to see what i already knew based on what they were showing (or more importantly NOT showing). Same with WISH before it got canned.

with mmorpg's its pretty easy to tell if its going to be good or just nonsense.
    Darkfall has way too many red flags flying for it to actually turn out like people expect..

I remember when both WISH and DnL were in the top 7 spots here

it's real easy to talk big and hype your ideas up to the skies.. but actually backing that up with a functioning , commercially acceptable mmorpg is another thing all together.

darkfall hasn't even BEGUN to show that any of their ideas they have are actually working and in a "game" other than displaying some very basic combat and models runnning around..

thats after 6 freakin years.. Or after 3 years if you want to be nice and deduct for the "do-over" period.

in reality it should be like 80% done by now even with the do-over.. looks like its not even 10% done.

My friends dad was talking about dynamic loading systems and how theres hardly any programmers out there who know how to do them "properly".
    There are teams of people that do NOTHING but specialize in coding those systems because their so important to mmorpg's... most of those people are all at the major game studios under exclusive contracts and get paid up to $200,000 a year.

I am gonna take a shot in the dark here and guess that darkfall doesn't have a team of these guys..

it's your time to waste with following it not mine. But it just aint gonna happen dude.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure so far he's QVOM/ORLY/identity51. In fact he's the reason I got banned the other day because he, as QVOM, called me something very despicable that, while I will not repeat it, would have gotten his balls kicked off him if we were face to face. When he goaded me as ORLY and I realized who he was, I flipped out and reamed his ass. Now, he spams my e-mail as identity51. He's not the hard to spot, since one of his favorite lead in lines is "be quiet". He needs to crawl back under whatever rock he crawled out from. I totally agree Suitepee that these morons get caught every time they try this Mourning scam because they use the same people who use the same limited mental capacity to attack everyone who doesn't agree with them and their "game". It won't be long before they're gone from here. The crap they were doing the last times is all being repeated again.

Edit: notice how neatly identity51s join date coincides with ToC being back here?

Forum rollback.

These forums have gotten off to a good start haven't they? No-one has yet to post in favour of the game.

Heh heh. Maybe Colton and the rest ought to take that as a hint, eh?

Anther amazing coincidence is that the ToC devs and the "fanbois" all stop posting at the same time. Utterly amazing.

• JimberflyJimberfly Member UncommonPosts: 65
    All you big haters need to adjust your tinfoil hats.

Its as simple as this:

If the game never opens, then life will continue.
    If the game has a prelaunch demo or open beta which doens't require a credit card (which is what they claim will be the case), then I will download it and try it.
    If its acceptable and looks promising, I will pay for it.
    If it flops after a month, then life will continue. I've lost $30 doing far stupider things so I won't stress if I lose another.

But I'll take mmorpg's word that they've investigated it and it looks legit.

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    I have great hope in this game (well at least in the forum lol), i really need a forum to laugh in since the DnL forum died and there is no fun in kicking a corpse
  • ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

How about you take a look at the history of this game, jackass. Not only was the first game a lengthy scam from a third-world company, but this is a new reinvention of the same old crap. Now we have a new group of kids with faked addresses and a faked business license .

Look up mourning.

• canonik12canonik12 Member Posts: 8

I don't know how many times do they have to say that they are not the same company as mournig, to convince those darkfall funbois about the truth. Even mmorpg made a recearch and they say that Lound Ant is ok..

Originally posted by canonik12
    I don't know how many times do they have to say that they are not the same company as mournig, to convince those darkfall funbois about the truth. Even mmorpg made a recearch and they say that Lound Ant is ok..

Considering that all of your post have been to support ToC, I would ask that you get back to polishing Coltons *brass* and come here when you have something legitimate to offer.

Originally posted by ParaSwarm

You made one stupid post here just to attack me? I'm flattered. How much does Colton pay for such fine service?

• Ammon777Ammon777 Member Posts: 308

I support this thread.

They stole my money. They sent me an unlabelled CD case (black), with a CD inside that was black.

I didnt install it because I am not an idiot. In fact I didnt trust it enough to put it into my CD drive.

I asked for a refund and they did not respond.

Those were my moments with the Age of Mourning / Mourning / Dumbass Scam game.

I hope they eat dirt and choke it down.

• sik209sik209 Member Posts: 3
    Wow Zorvan, that other dude jsut owned you..... you should just stop talking before u embaress urself further(im not sure its even possible tho)

I wish i had emo grass.....

so that way it would cut itself

I'm sorry, you must have a problem with reading comprehension, because if anyone was owned here, it wasn't me. Now be good  and run along. Also, those posts were 2 months ago. What happened, the queen "Ant" got disturbed yesterday, so now all the little soldier "Ants" got called to duty? Give me a break.
  • Warlord_XVIIWarlord_XVII Member Posts: 6
    I wonder if the person behind the ToC fanboy accounts(Identity, Iltorque etc) is the same person that goes under the name "Timberline" on the Age of Conan forums, he constantly tries to put AoC down whilst he posts links to ToC and says it will be so much better, and that it's the most brutal pvp game that's in the making.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=211574#post211574

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=218343#post218343

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356
    And the saga countinues...

http://www.thronesofchaos.com/community/index.php

"Forums will remain closed for the time being due to a pending business deal. Thank you for your patience!"

• MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Bitey

And the saga countinues...

http://www.thronesofchaos.com/community/index.php

"Forums will remain closed for the time being due to a pending business deal. Thank you for your patience!"

For your reading enjoyment. http://www.krelslibrary.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7

I posted that about two days ago and no one was able to deny what I had written. A short spitfire of flame started between Draakan and myself as well as others getting into the pissing match on ToC and more importantly Loud Ant Software.

Shortly after this, incredibly embarrassing breakdown of the community and thanks to yours truly the forums were closed

You may also take note of the replies to my post on Korels Library from "Coltonb" ...Tough to say if it is really him but the words used and the format in which they are presented definitely stink of the 17 year old ignorant Colton I have suspected to be running LAS this whole time.

At any rate, I'm glad I got to stick it to the man and perhaps knock the ball out of the ol’ proverbial park if you will. I’ve got no complaint with young talent, by all means if you can produce a product and market it in a honest fashion I’m all for it. When things are as dishonest and offensive as they have been with both dev teams well… All I can say is you will eventually get what’s coming to you… Right Herve?

Fyi – Herve = CEO of Interplay… or Satan.

Edited for add of a space

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

It was nice to be mentioned. I made an account there just to say "thanks" to "Colton"

Also, someone needs to find out if that "coltonb" on Krel's is really THE Colton, 'cause if it is, there was never a better reason to drop them finally than that.
  • MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Zorvan

It was nice to be mentioned. I made an account there just to say "thanks" to "Colton"

Also, someone needs to find out if that "coltonb" on Krel's is really THE Colton, 'cause if it is, there was never a better reason to drop them finally than that.
    With any luck I may be able to figure that out. I'll post more if I can get my hands on the info I need.

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

This discussion has been closed.