Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you serious?

124»

Comments

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I use both PnC and WASD, but unless there is intellegent pathing, PnC can have serious problems.  In AL the PnC is dumb.  I was frequently getting hung up by a rock or a post that was in the direct line path to the target.  Have you ever tried using PnC to go up or down a spiral staircase or ramp?  Without good pathing, its a real pain.  With WASD its no problem.

WoW defaults to WASD, but it also supports simple PnC.  I use PnC to traverse very laggy areas when WASD might overshoot the target, but use WASD 95% of the time.  My prefered way to navigate a tricky area is to use 'W' to move forward and stear with the mouse (holding the button down).
  • Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953
    I think it depends on the game, how PvP and PvE is dealth with. for example, Point and Click in WoW would enver ever vever vevreververvevvv work. being a mage in WoW it was important to move around to exactly where i wanted to be quick and jump etc.

point and click in Archlord is alright, but like the first post said, the game is very very blocky and I HATE that, but I love the idea so much that ill try it retail...anyway, i dont see much use for WASD for Archlord although it would be nice, pointing and clicking is fine and is nice being an archer, i can click far away and move the view as I please and what not when kiteing.

the game isnt as "smooth" as WoW, you cant move in the "smoothness" at least not yet. I think there are going to be alot of changes in patches with Archlord.

• IdgiIdgi Member UncommonPosts: 11

Geez I came here looking for info on PnC games cuz the camera shots of WASD games mess with my equilibrium & make me sick, so I obviously can't play them.

Unfortunately I can't get past the pissin' contests going on here to actually get any info. Seems the ego's need a cold shower. Try to remember...if you really ARE something, you don't have to try so hard to prove it. Since much of our opinions about a game are subjective, then there really is no right or wrong answer, it's just a matter of taste.

So if anyone here has any valid info on a good PnC game I'd love to hear about it. If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you've only made yourself irrelevant.

• Skeeter870Skeeter870 Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Gameloading
    just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You should be ashamed of yourself, as should your parents, and your parents' parents for contributing genetic material into the line that would spawn you.

• gonemad321gonemad321 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Skeeter870

just use point & click then. it beats WASD movement any day of the week anyway. WASD is way to outdated.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You should be ashamed of yourself, as should your parents, and your parents' parents for contributing genetic material into the line that would spawn you.

I second that...

That is the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while, and trust me...I've heard a lot of stupid things.

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by Skeeter870

LOL I agree with you but stop taking lines from Adam sandler movies,..... Boy was that funny though.

Thanx for the laugh, that last part about the parents made me laugh until my stomach started to burn. For the win & more lolz check this video

Originally posted by Idgi

......I can't get past the pissin' contests going on here to actually get any info. Seems the ego's need a cold shower. Try to remember...if you really ARE something, you don't have to try so hard to prove it. Since much of our opinions about a game are subjective, then there really is no right or wrong answer, it's just a matter of taste.

So if anyone here has any valid info on a good PnC game I'd love to hear about it. If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you've only made yourself irrelevant.

Absolutely nothing relevant added to this forum since this was posted!

Worth repeating:  If you're just here to flame & try to make yourself look cool, save it, you've only made yourself irrelevant.

Nope, WASD was used pre mouse interface.

• KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101

I started with point and click on my first mmo and when I discovered WASD in World Of Warcraft there was no turning back, I just felt a step closer to actually having a feel of control over my toon. Point and click removes some immersion for me now. It's true though that if it doesn't work well then P&C is a good alternative.

• therooster33therooster33 Member Posts: 7

every game should grant both  the p&c and wasd now everyones happy  oops and dont forget the controler  HAHAHA