Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Dev Profile: Lori Hyrup

Lori Hyrup, an Associate Producer on Dark Age of Camelot and inventor of the Team Lead Program, answers our questions about her life and path to the game's industry.

image MMORPG.com: Tell us a little bit about your life growing up. Where did you live, what did you do, did you go to school?

Lori Hyrup: I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. In 1979, my grandparents, followed by my mother and the rest of my family, moved to rural Lake County of Northern California. There they settled in a small town called Clearlake Oaks. I was five years old at the time. Though many people (even Californians) are unfamiliar with this region, Clearlake is the largest natural freshwater lake completely within California. It is also believed to be the oldest lake in North America, formed around a series of dormant volcanoes, the largest being Konocti, a name given to it by the legends of local Pomo Indians.

As the only child of a single parent in a place where my nearest friends were often miles away, I frequently had to find or invent the means to keep myself entertained. Being surrounded by wilderness, I spent a lot of time in the great outdoors hiking, exploring, observing wildlife (which sometimes included mammals such as mountain lions, bobcats, bears, mink, bald eagles, osprey, blue herons, various species of snakes, lizards, newts, and salamanders, and hundreds of other types of birds), fishing, camping, swimming, water skiing, etc.

I went to high school at Lower Lake High School, some twenty miles away from my home. After graduating, I went to San Diego State University where I got my B.S. in Biology with an emphasis in Zoology (no surprise there, eh?) and a minor in Physical Education.

You can read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios