Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone actually play this game??

2»

Comments

• BobthesalerBobthesaler Member UncommonPosts: 37

If you can put aside the Toon'y graphics, and wacky weapons, you will find this game to be a rather fun PvE Expirience. I have tryed it out but I'm more of a PvP fan. My little sisters loved the game though when they were 10 and 12, (they played for about 6 months)

So yes, people have actualy played this game.

• LoneWolfiNTjLoneWolfiNTj Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by AdamFromAC

Originally posted by HugMonkey

Rude much ? People do play the game....I have been playing for 4 years you shouldnt call it stuped because it is offensive to me if you do not play.  You should try it? A lot of older people play the game! The oldest I've known of is 73........So try it! Its addicting and fun....I have 106 laffpoints

Wheeee!

73 years old? Either that person was lying about their age or s/he is a pedophile.

Don't be stupid and offensive, please; it's not becoming.  There is no reason to suspect that the person you are quoting is a liar or a pedophile, so I strongly suggest that you cease and desist with such accusations.

The players of Toontown are about 55% adults and 45% children, and they're not segregated; they all play together, though not always without friction.  However, the game provides parents with strict controls over what level of "chat" they wish their children to have, and it also takes other precautions to prevent "personally identifying information" from being exchanged.  And unless another toon voluntarily divulges their age and gender, you never really know; it could be man, woman, boy, or girl.  So there's little chance of "pedophile" problems in this game.  Why would you even bring up such as bizarre idea... unless you're just trolling?

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA
    twiddletooth [at] gmail [dot] com
    www dot well dot com slant tilde lonewolf slant

Originally posted by soad_nathan

Judge me if you must but I played ToonTown for 2 years from when I was 16-18 years old.  I have always been a fan of co-op PVE play and this game really just had me hooked for a while.  You log on and you get tasks that have these rewards either for a new line of gags or for some more laff points, I felt like I always had to get another one done before I could log off.

May seem sad, I know, and I do admit to people that I played it, but it really isnt a BAD game.

Why so apologetic, daddio?  I've been playing Toontown voraciously for 5 years now, and I'm 50.  And I was first introduced to the game by a coworker (a programmer, like myself) who was also about 50 at the time.  At 16, you were way below the average age of all Toontown players, believe it or not.  I'd estimate the average age at around 35, with individual players ranging from about 9 to about 90.

::: throws a red goon at CFO's head :::

THROW A SAFE NOW!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA

Originally posted by rozenblade1

[Toontown is] a game for kids!

No.  Actually, Toontown was designed to target both adults and children, and from the very beginning to the present, there have always been more adults than children playing it.  If you think it's a "kids game", first accept this challenge: Go max your sell, cash, and law suits.  Then come back to this thread when you've accomplished that -- in about 2 or 3 years -- and we'll talk.

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by LoneWolfiNTj

Originally posted by AdamFromAC

Originally posted by HugMonkey

Rude much ? People do play the game....I have been playing for 4 years you shouldnt call it stuped because it is offensive to me if you do not play.  You should try it? A lot of older people play the game! The oldest I've known of is 73........So try it! Its addicting and fun....I have 106 laffpoints

Wheeee!

73 years old? Either that person was lying about their age or s/he is a pedophile.

Don't be stupid and offensive, please; it's not becoming.  There is no reason to suspect that the person you are quoting is a liar or a pedophile, so I strongly suggest that you cease and desist with such accusations.

The players of Toontown are about 55% adults and 45% children, and they're not segregated; they all play together, though not always without friction.  However, the game provides parents with strict controls over what level of "chat" they wish their children to have, and it also takes other precautions to prevent "personally identifying information" from being exchanged.  And unless another toon voluntarily divulges their age and gender, you never really know; it could be man, woman, boy, or girl.  So there's little chance of "pedophile" problems in this game.  Why would you even bring up such as bizarre idea... unless you're just trolling?

I would assume that a game aimed at children would be perfectly suited for someone of that age who is most likely not the most computer saavy, doesn't have the fastest reflexes or dexterity and most likely doesn't want to spend too much time on a game.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

^^^ you guys realize this thread was made in 2006 right?

sweet necro

Originally posted by Alcaz101

does anyone actually play this game???

Yes.  Hundreds of thousands of people.  It's very popular.  (Come to DDL PG in NR at 8PM pacific on a Friday night and judge for yourself.)

(If you have no clue as to what I just said, perhaps you should play the game yourself; you'll pick up on all the acronyms real fast.)

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

Yes.  Hundreds of thousands of people.  It's very popular.  (Come to DDL PG in NR at 8PM pacific on a Friday night and judge for yourself.)

(If you have no clue as to what I just said, perhaps you should play the game yourself; you'll pick up on all the acronyms real fast.)

Trolling or blind, not sure but leaning towards the former because of the brand new account and necroposting a 4 year old thread.

/facepalm

Originally posted by Angorim

Trolling or blind, not sure but leaning towards the former because of the brand new account and necroposting a 4 year old thread.

/facepalm

How are you not sure if you're trolling or blind?  I don't follow.  If you're blind, how are you reading?  And what does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?  (Ie, number of Toontown players.)

As for 4-year-old thread, there are no new threads or recent activity in this game forum.  They're *ALL* old.  The only way to wake up a forum is to wake it up.  Duh.  I'm not comprehending just what part of that you fail to comprehend.

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA

Originally posted by skeaser

I would assume that a game aimed at children would be perfectly suited for someone of that age who is most likely not the most computer saavy, doesn't have the fastest reflexes or dexterity and most likely doesn't want to spend too much time on a game.

You're making a lot of assumptions.  You seem good at that.

However, all of your assumptions are false.

Go play the game.  Max your first 3 suits.  Then, by necessity, you'll have to abandon all your assumptions.  Then come back here -- say, around, 2012 or 2013 -- and we'll talk.

(It amazes me how many people come to these game forums and make wild, bold (and, of course, completely false) pronouncements about games they don't even play.  Why are they even here?)

Cheers,
    Robbie Hatley
    Stanton, CA, USA

This discussion has been closed.