Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do pets still despawn each time you zone ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
This was a game killer for me.  I play almost every mmorpg on the market, i never see a mmorpg where player pets despawn all the time like that. 

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Yup, they still despawn.  This is part of the "balance" thing.

Althought "nice", I rather see them rework the buffing system than change this.  Since this "despawn" would have implications on every zone, because if I call a level 50 pet and zone into a zone that make me 38, it has to despawn, since if it doesn't it would have to check if I have that power at level 38, than lower it level to 38 and so on...which would be a LOT of work, for very little benefit.

I have a Mercenaries/Force Field 50, and honestly, the buffing system would be a LOT more important than changing the despawn of pets.  It is merely 3 powers to activate to call 6 pets and it has a permanent duration, unlike others pets/power who all have a temporary duration.

Really, the buffing system should be reworked ala DAoC, so you don't have to rebuff non-stop.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren