Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Roundtable: Expansion, EA and Salvatore

Reporting on the Dark Age of Camelot Roundtable in Las Vegas, we learn about the Labyrinth of the Minotaur expansion, how EA has changed things and recount R.A. Salvatore's keynote.

image The big news out of Las Vegas was the first in-depth details of Labyrinth of the Minotaur. The new features include one new race and class for all three realms, champion levels 6 through 10, mythical slots, a Minotaur relic system and the epic Labyrinth dungeon.

The new race - accessible to Albion, Midgard and Hibernia - is the Minotaur. According to the lore, this ancient race once inhabited the three realms and their capital was at the site of present day Agramon. Their city was both above and below ground and there they created relics of their own. Over time, they dispersed, the area fell into disrepair and now the race is separated, rather conveniently, into three clans.

The Minotaur race carries high strength and constitution, but lacks dexterity and quickness. They are also resistant to heat and cold. There are three classes open to Minotaurs in each realm, plus the Mauler.

The whole article is available here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• BloodrightBloodright Member Posts: 11
    Very well written article.  It breaks my heart that I was not able to attend the Roundtable.  In the article it refers to EA using the Senior staff at Mythic to help with the other MMO's that EA hosts.  I was almost curious if EA would even consider resurrecting one of their previous games.  I am refering to Earth and Beyond.
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Can anyone say..... Tauren?

---

• rATIxrATIx Member Posts: 67
    Oh yeah,Blizzard definately invented cow-people.

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by godpuppet

Something tells me the Ancient Greeks (Thesus and the Minotaur) may have come up with it a few thousand years before Blizzard had the idea.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

Excellent article!

It's great to see EA Mythic has GREAT plans for it's customers!  I for one, am very excited!

LONG LIVE DAoC!

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• AntiocheAntioche Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the art in that game that Salvatore, Mcfarlane, and Schilling are doing. The expansion looks interesting. Glad to see Mythic is doing something to spice up rvr more. I can't wait to level up a mauler. :)

It is pathos we lack, and this lack of pathos makes the worlds we explore quite stale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Antioche

• AntiocheAntioche Member UncommonPosts: 132

Originally posted by Lepidus

Something tells me the Ancient Greeks (Thesus and the Minotaur) may have come up with it a few thousand years before Blizzard had the idea.

Lol Dana, but I thought every idea that came after WoW was just a ripoff of WoW!

It is pathos we lack, and this lack of pathos makes the worlds we explore quite stale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Antioche

• CdnbonesCdnbones Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Bloodright
    Very well written article.  It breaks my heart that I was not able to attend the Roundtable.  In the article it refers to EA using the Senior staff at Mythic to help with the other MMO's that EA hosts.  I was almost curious if EA would even consider resurrecting one of their previous games.  I am refering to Earth and Beyond.

already sent a mail about EnB being resurected, no reply was given
  • TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Err... you DO realize that Minotaur have been in Earth Mythology for over 8,000 years.... right?

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by Cdnbones

Originally posted by Bloodright
    already sent a mail about EnB being resurected, no reply was given

Well we already know, because the UO Devs let it slip early on, that Mythic is helping with a "UO Project" of some kind.  They specifically did NOT say it's the new graphics upgrade that was actually in the works prior to the merger so it's something else. 

I dunno if EA would bring E&B back at this point.  They've lost that entire user base (Which wasn't all that big to begin with) to EVE and the odds of getting many of them back at this point are somewhere between slim and none. 

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• SylocSyloc Member Posts: 92

Why is it not surprising that R.A.S is a gaming fan? I mean if you've ever read his books, you'd find it like going from quest to quest. Sometimes, in his books, he'll literally say quest. This would have been more exciting if the speaker was someone that had more weight in the literally world, i.e. Robert Jordan, George R. R. Martin.

-Syloc

Visit My fantasy Blog! http://fantasyglobe.blogspot.com/

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Bleh, I'll take R.A. Salvatore over Jordan any day. Jordan is a good writer...but his wheel of time series seriously ran out of steam.

I tear through Salvatores books as fast as I can, he creates some absolutely vivid characters that almost feel real at times...and I'm not just talking about the famous dark elf every one loves..or hates...or is so tired of hearing about that they use to love but now hate.....

• SylocSyloc Member Posts: 92

Oh come on! Not that I'm not saying i dont enjoy R.A.S.'s books but they ALWAY read like i'm playing a freeking computer game and/or reading some lore on an MMO's websight. Not that it's bad necessarily but after reading a couple of his books you kinda get the point after reading the first chapter.

Visit My fantasy Blog! http://fantasyglobe.blogspot.com/