Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Tech Support can't fix

CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63

I decided to come back and give CoV a shot with the Free Trial out of MMORPG.com.  CoV was still installed, so I updated and hit accept at the EULA.  I waited...nothing happened.  Tried it some more, same result.  Reinstalled 3 times, still won't start the game.

Looked on the knowledge base and I tried everything...nothing has worked.  Anybody have this happen to them before?  It's absolutely perplexing...

Comments

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117
    Have you checked that your Firewall isnt blocking the client from launching?

Apologies if im pointing out something really obvious, but thought it was worth mentioning :)
  • CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63
    Yeah, I've turned off all my security.  Now after I reinstall, it won't even connect to the update server...that's new.  Man I just want to play...never have had this problem before.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

I use the PlayNC Launcher myself, it runs the executable for CoX automatically when I click Play.

My first guess would be a firewall of some kind.  Zonealarm would block the program from accessing the internet unless you put it in game mode with "always accept".  Double check that your windows firewall is off too.  Its default is On, but I use better so I had to manually disable mine. 

If you use a router, try to see if you can bypass it and directly connect to the internet.  Routers and online games occasionally do not get along well.  image

Check their support site and see if you can run a trace to see where the connection is dropping.  I know Guild Wars has a built in trace program, but I don't know if CoX does.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

This sounds like a firewall/router problem.

You should check if you can manually ping the NC adress.

If you can not there is your problem, if yes. It might be a thing called alias (or something like that) it is a file in windows that redirects to another url. So when you try to go to a certain URL it simply redirects you to another.

It is not hard to fix. But if that is the case you should check your comp for spayware,trojans etc.

Anyway funny you should mention Tech Support. I was preety pissed on them.

For some reason i just couldnt make account on COX forums. I asked support - and than they were PING PONGing me from one support to another , with long response times - for two months!

Anyway on the end they actually went and fixed the server code which is not small feat , for one lonely customer...

So i have bit mixed feeling.

Helpfull - yes
    Fast - no

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas