It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Reply 1 of 21
Now I know you're going to delete this, but atleast read it first. I feel like im beating a dead horse in posting this but here goes! PLEASE READ IT!
I don't see how it's possible to like the NGE. It's way too simple... and it's exactly like WoW. How trying to get more members to play a fun and unique game turns into making a cheap version of a game that a bunch of kids play makes sense i don't know. We all know that pre-cu swg took a little time to learn, but even learning was fun. I enjoyed wandering around the desert for a week with my noob rifle! Now people can know exactly how to play SWG before they even install it because it's just not unique at all anymore. Here are the reasons why people don't like the NGE.
1) You never really told the community about it. one day it was just BAM! NGE and there was nothing we could do about it. There was never really a public test center for people to test it out. I guarentee that if there was a public test the NGE would have never went live.
2) You claim it is "Starwarsy and Iconic". SWG now is anything but "Starwarsy and Iconic". Slapping a picture of Luke Skywalker on the respec screen doesn't make it Starwarsy or Iconic. Who could disagree that beating on a giant scorpion (Sher Kar) for 45 minutes is Starwarsy and Iconic. I mean remember in episode III when anikan did it? In the movies everyone was a jedi too remember? Remember all the lightsbaers? Now its rare to see a non jedi!
3) Like I said above it's just a copy of WoW, but alot cheaper.
A) Expertise = WoW talent system exactly, but cheaper because it only has 2 trees!
Jumping, it's only a minor thing they added but its still cheap. It looks like it took them a whole 20 seconds to put it in. Atleast in WoW jumping helps u get around in some instances, and it doesn't look cheap!
C) Purple XP numbers above your head when you kill creatures. You couldn't even get a different color then wow eh? It's also hard to see half the time you can't even tell how much xp your getting.
D) If you add reverse engineering it will be exactly like enchanting on WoW.
E) Theres only 9 simple proffesions just like WoW with there 7 (I think maybe give or take one).
F) The ridiculasly stupid looking icons in the game now look like WoWs icons.
G) Any good weapon is now found in instances!
4) I don't know how else to put this, the interface sucks! It's too hard to tell what your doing with it in combat now. The silver borders annoy me, and i have heard other people complain about them too I don't know what it is about them.
5) All the old animations people loved to see when they fought that made the game fun to watch are gone. Now it's stictly *Poke Poke, Jab Jab, Poke Deathblow*
6) PvP and duels take 15 seconds now *Poke Poke, Jab, Poke* you can't tell what you're clicking because there's no time to think, and then somebody falls. Those old pre-cu duels were great, they were way more entertaining. You actually had time to think and stratigize. Now its the person who gets the first hit that wins the fight.
7) Crafting... It's a mess. Nothing crafters make now is any good. You need a melee weapon? Have a blasterfist! Ranged Weapon? Guardian Lightning Cannon! Theres no decay either so once you buy a suit of armor you're good forever, you don't need to buy a new set and give crafters money. There basically is no economy in SWG anymore.
8) Entertainers have absolutly no purpose. Why waste 5 minutes getting your cloning sickness healed by an entertainer when you can pay the droid 5k?
9) 32 proffessions that offered hundreds of unique templates are gone. Before you could be a damn scout, entertainer, brawler, teras kasi, dancer if you wanted too! Now you can pick 1 proffesion just one. The expertise system really doesn't add much uniqueness between characters either. You can mess around with jedi expertise all you want and it comes down to hmm do i want force choak or lightning? Well lightning looks cooler and they are both the same thing so i'll pick that!!!! Theres some major uniqueness there! In the pre-cu some of the proffessions weren't good at fighting... that didn't mean that they weren't fun to play. In the pre-cu there was many things to do, but all that stuff was removed in the NGE anyways.
10) Wounds and Battle Fatigue. I never thought I would miss this when i played pre-cu but i do. It forced you to interact with other players... now the game is practically single player.
11) XPing. Now you are forced to exploit a quest and spend all day between Jabba's Palace and The Warren to get levels. There really is no alternatives. I mean you could go fight all the extremly nerfed creatures that serve practically no purpose in the game anymore that die in one hit and give u 5 xp a kill. Getting to level 90 also takes forever.
12) There just simply isn't anything to do anymore! Once you get level 90 u can stand in restuss and watch 5 afk people stand there all day! Sounds like fun to me!
13) Elder Jedis and the all the people who were a week or two away from getting jedi got completly screwed. Here have a robe that gives u a very slight edge over the people who didn't have to spend 18 weeks of there time grinding jedi! For you people a few weeks away, you grinded most of that and didn't even get a robe!
14) Where's my mind bar? A whole bar gone? wow.... Or if your a jedi, Wheres my force bar?
15) In pre-cu you could attack different areas of a person like there legs to do action damage. That was extremly unique and gave many different strategies on how to attack someone.
16) Walk around in Theed or Restuss now on a friday night, and you see 5 people. Walk around in the middle of yavin 4 on a monday morning pre-cu and find more people, and in Theed or Coronet you could barely see there was so many people.
17) The targeting system. It's too complicated too target people and attack them. Even when u lock on to them you have to press 2 buttons to do it one to initiate the lock on feature and the other to auto attack. Also anything you put your mouse over seems to gets targeted and you have to press esc to untarget it.
18) SOE says they listen, but they don't. A bussiness is supposed to listen to there customers to provide them a better product. We all know that if SOE actually did this they would have more then 100 people on at peak playing times. It's not what you want SOE it's what your customers want! Im possitive that if any Devs actually played the NGE they would be horrified.
19) You know that the pre-cu was good considering that there are people devoting months of there time to make an emulator for it! You also know it was good considering that its been way over a year and we are still protesting to get it back! I really want to know how many people SOE banned from the forums for speaking out against the NGE.
For now this is all i am going to post. I know this is going to get deleted because SOE says they listen, but they don't. Anyone who disagrees or tries to improve there ruined game gets banned or has there posts deleted. I would really like to see what a dev has to say about this post!
No Longer SWG Free