Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone give me a good description of the PVP in this game?

Currently,  I play DAOC and was wondering if I tried this game out as a villian.  What should I expect?  Is this only arena type stuff?  Playable heros stopping playable villians from crime and murder?  Any information would be great.

Comments

• UnSubUnSub Member Posts: 252
    There are arenas, but the majority of PVP takes place in PvP zones. In the 4 (I think that's how many there are - Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg, Recluse's Victory) zones you get auto-leveled to the maxlvl in the zone, so you aren't underpowered on a per power basis, but those at the auto-level (or above) have the advantage since they have more powers to call on.

PvP is team-based. You can occasionally solo PvP against limited targets, but if a team comes in you'll get your butt handed to you. Dying in PvP costs you only a bit of time to recharge at the hospital.

The PvP zones also have their own objectives and you can get rewards for completing the objectives like temp powers or badges.

Not all ATs are created equal in PvP and Stalkers really rule the lower levels... however, if you've got a team around you things become a lot more tactical (and fun, imo).

There is PvE mobs in PvP zones, so be aware that you might get attacked by them to (and if you die to a mob, you get a bit of xp debt).

Hope that helps as a quick overview. Most zones are hero vs villain, but some are free-for-alls.