Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who would come back if there was classic?

Comments

• KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648
    To late now... i would nerver come back...
  • wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116
    yes
  • miz_sparrowmiz_sparrow Member Posts: 11

Pre-CU: Yes, without hesitation. probably on both accounts, too. And since I doubt my hubby will post here, I'll post for him too: yes.

And his best friend. And maybe I could convince my ex-boyfriend to return, too?

and i know my hubby's ex would. and probably all her online swg boyfriends. 

Welcome to the Caribbean, luv.

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    I don't think I could bare it to be honest if $OE was still involved, they're ripping SWG into shreds and sewing it together into this undead corpse and expecting it to act the way it was before.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284
    The problem with all 3 versions of the game is that it never captured that sense of Star Wars so I wouldn't come back for any version.  Now make a KOTOR mmo and I'm there.
  • xerokaixerokai Member Posts: 41
    I would come back for pre-cu in an instant.  In fact, bringing pre-cu back would go a long way to restoring my faith in soe.  I would probably even buy vanguard and a station pass.  That is how much I want pre-cu back.

There is only us, there is only this.
    Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
    No other road, no other way.
    No day but today.

• LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Certainly
  • KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

I'd give it another try if the eased up on the grind from what it once was. I liked my creature handler/bio-engineer.

BTW stop blameing SOE for every damn game they publish/customer support/server support. LucasArts was in control of it and they are to blame for the half-assed shooter game they tried turning it into. SOE has full control of it now and trying to fix what LA f***** up. Man i'd hate to be a publisher. Always takeing the heat. Do your research before pointing your stupid fingers at someone. Just because it says SOE in the SEVERAL associated company logos doesn't mean SOE is in charge of the stinking game. They are simply a PART of it. Games SOE exclusively developed: None. They helped in development of several projects, but weren't developers. Just funders. Yes they influenced, but not much. Mostly poor release dates, but that's understandable when you are footing the dang bill. They took over ownership of the games once they took a turn for the worst, because the original developers abandoned ship when they realised they screwed up. Thus SOE takes the fall. After a period of time SOE was able to bring back every game. Some longer then others, but heck you only have so many employees give them a dang break. Hell I MAYBE wrong, but heck I think i'm PRETTY damn close.

I'm no fanboi mind you. Just sick of seeing everyone bashing on SOE. It's getting old. Very very old.

• 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    I can understand why some people get sick of the $OE bashing kyle, but to be frank I think a lot of people here are sick of the fact that $OE are still trying to poke SWG back to life. I'm not going to bother writing a big wall of text, because many others here have made a valid point already and I agree with them, but for one thing kyle, you don't need to go trolling practically the same kind of posts in any kind of thread that has $OE hate on it because you think they're wrong.

As for your 'facts' I have to say they're not facts, other members have either given direct links to blogs or forum posts stating this kind of thing, even MMORPG.com and other gaming websites have explained why $OE ruined the game, $OE was officially given the licence to develop the Star Wars MMORPG by Lucasarts, Lucasarts published it and $OE developed it, all Lucasarts has the power to do is stop funding $OE's development and shut them down, they're endorsers not developers so I suggest instead of blatantly attacking people who are simply stating facts.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarsgalaxiesstarterkit/news.html?sid=6139880&mode=recent

here's a fact for you, $OE had control of the game from the start because they were bringing in new changes without even telling anyone about it, so couldn't that also mean that Lucasarts was barely being told anything about it? I think you need to start looking into how the Game Industry works before you go saying we don't do our research, tell me now and give me some facts from a website that state Lucasarts had control over development, go on, tell me.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.

• cptbollockcptbollock Member Posts: 61
    Never ...i would rather play an EMU server than get involved with the SOE tools again
  • EuroChimaeraEuroChimaera Member Posts: 1
    I certainly would never pay SoE any money again , they lied too many times and held back important issues they have the right to change the game for better or worse but the treatment of paying customers when changes occured was sickening .

www.euro-chimaera.co.uk - SWG the way its meant to be

• NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291

way too late man ... its been over a year since they implemented the NGE ...

SWG just aint worth it anymore ...

its not the spring chicken it used to be ...

more better stuff out there now

• Rankin357Rankin357 Member Posts: 8
    Assuming its a brand new server yes, if its salvaged old Bria, No ty.
  • Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242
    Not really to be honest, SOE left a really bad scar to me after the NGE. But I'd definetely support a new SW MMO but it would have to be made by a different company
  • BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237
    IF, it wasn't done by SOE, maybe for 3 months, but, I'm waiting for STO now, and, I'm playing Eve until they decide to call it quits there, but, if SOE brought back classic SWG, no, they got my money, they don't get me after I was so disappointed in thier actions, I even gave Sigil a chance with playing Vanguard, but, I've become bored quickly of it to.
  • MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    $OE will not get another penny of my money until they demonstrate a significant and substantial shift in their corporate culture - this would include Smedley's departure.  I won't support a company with such a piss-poor customer service record and such questionable practices (TOoW/NGE timing, for example, there are many others).  I won't say "never", but I will say "it'll be quite some time and they'll have to EARN my trust back".

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351

pre-CU? YES!!!

CU? Maybe.......??????

But do I still think SOE will wake up one day and offer either? nope

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700

IF there was a classic SWG, I would be there in a heartbeat, no doubt about it...

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

• LovrNoFightrLovrNoFightr Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I'm in either way. I had some fun in CU. The NGE is pure infiltered crap!

What he said.

SWG pre cu - never forgotten.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Pre-CU server? I would be there in a heartbeat.
  • RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

I would really want to come back but Jedi would have to be redone in a different way, or you'd still have hordes doing the Jedi shuffle and the economy thereby affected.

So, yes if no Jedi.

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    Yes i would if they would also fix all the damn bugs that we had before the cu. Also what the hell happened to the battlefields???
  • vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 577

I would rather play PONG with glass stuck in both eyes than play this again.  They had an opportunity to make this an awesome MMO but turned it into trash.  I would even rather play a Korean Point/Click, buy from the supa-mall with real cash gmmo.

• GotredeGotrede Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I've read that some private server is developing a pre-CU SWG.

"Those who don’t build must burn. It’s as old as history and juvenile delinquence."
    -Ray Bradbury

• SWGLoverSWGLover Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 539

Here's the problem with coming back - are you really going to trust SOE not to pull the rug from under your feet again? You'll hear that constantly from veteran players.

Your characters were changed without warning and the basic game was changed to a much easier version.  The game was modified to simplify programming and reduce the number of staff needed to run it.
    SOE/ Sony made a decision to lure younger players into the game - it worked and there's a flood of new players that has brought new enthusiasm and made the servers as crowded as the old days. However, a tiny percentage of the older players left in protest as the changes were sprung without warning. SOE / Sony definitely could have done better in that regards.

SWG - iconic and Star Warsy, at last!