Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate the game graphics 1-10.

2»

Comments

• kylecameron1kylecameron1 Member Posts: 240
    Id give the graphics a 9 but thats from the screens, but since the beta will be up soon some of us will be figuring out about the graphics sooner, but sorry we cant tell you NDA

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Originally posted by SpiritofGame
    ~ Building interiors "zones."  Rated: 6 (because I do not like zoning into buildings) but also Rated: 8.5 (for nicely designed interiors).

I HATE THAT SO MUCH. It was so nice in AC1 to walk right into a buildling. Then in AC2 we couldn't get into buildings at all. It's a step back. Same thing with DDO. It's irritating and cheap.

Another "feature" of the engine is the stutter. Last I played DDO the game lags a little when objects load. It's really annoying when you run around. The frame rate drops to 0 for a split second. It was really bad in AC2, it's better in DDO but not completely gone. I'm sure it will happen in LotRO and will annoy me to death.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    if I judge from the trailer, I'd have to go with a 9, really impressed.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Looks like most people rate it in the range 7-9. Just remember the game is still in alpha and there is room for improvement Lets say for arguments sake it will improve by 1 point. I say this game got some of the best graphics ive seen in a game I have no doubt it will end up with a solid 9 for graphics. And 8.3-8.4 overall rating by MMORPG staff.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• CalbiyumCalbiyum Member Posts: 44
    Rating: 10
  • Solon22Solon22 Member Posts: 21

The skyline, and the magnificent pictures of Ered Luin, Rivendell, and Archet are absolutely stunning.

• Peteman990Peteman990 Member Posts: 14
    10 judging from the screenshots, who knows what it REALLY looks like. Hopefully similar anyways.
  • AllexielAllexiel Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I liked the graphics from DDO.
    As I llok at the LOTRO engine, I see the same basics.
    But, somehow, they look slightly better.

Oh god... really, take a look at some shots. Outdoors look so nice!

I'd give it a 9/10

• BobbruceBobbruce Member Posts: 2

If you went on landscapes and immersiveness, Id rate the game an 11.  As a whole, Id go with a 9.5, the game seems to be a solid mix between a WoW look (cartoony) and a realistic look (Vanguard).  Perfect for immersion and seperation from reality, LoTR is truly something to behold.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Originally posted by Moirae
    The character modelling is terrible. The environments are incredible. I'd have to give it somewhere in the middle because of that. So, I give it a 7.

I agree. Character models are very important to me. I could be walking on flat neon green for grass and not care but if I look like I'm gliding on that grass with a board shoved up you no where than I'm not gonna be able to get into the game.

I think you guys are being generous with your ratings but afterall it is beta.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Penedhryn

I definetely give it a 9/10, it's a MMORPG so you can't have as many details as in a single-player RPG, else the updates and the connection to the servers will be terribly long and only the best computers will be able to play the game, which is not the aim of such a huge project : LotRO wants to challenge World of Warcraft but I think it will be way better, for sure!

LotRO rules ! ::::24::

Common misconception.

FACT:  Graphics do not affect server performance and have very MINIMAL impact on any kind of bandwidth useage.  Graphics are generally handled 99.999% client side.  All the server tracks is location.  Technically speaking if game patchers didn't check for changes to client files you could replace all the game graphics with your own and they'd still work fine.

The reason that MMORPG's tend to use slightly lighter end graphics than single player games is because MMORPG's are intended to last years instead of months on the market.  Thus their graphics engines have to support a MUCH wider variety of hardware.  And, typically because they have development lifecycles roughly 3-4x that of single player games their graphics requirements are tied to older hardware than single player games are.

Has nothing to do with server requirements or bandwidth.  Not sure where that misconception came from.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I hope we are talking about the graphics that are actually in the game, and not the fake screenshots that they fix up and send to MMORPG. I rate ingame graphics a 7. It looks exactly like WoW.

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    9/10 LoTR looks great

• kouryoukouryou Member Posts: 7
    10 for the landscape and such

and like 8? for the characters

• Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107
    Would have to say 9.  The environment in the screen shots that I have seen are very impressive. 
    I expect this from turbine.  They have really impressed myself with some of the visuals they are producing. 

I played DDO for quite sometime at graphic settings of Very High.  The graphics in DDO on those settings were very refreshing to say the least.  The amount of detail in the armor is something I would like to see implemented into future games of this genre. 

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• evolutionistevolutionist Member Posts: 36

I definantly want to see how this will turn out. I've always wanted to see a Lord of the rings online game come out any1 who loves LOTR will definantly want to check this game out 

THe graphics Look Pretty good although i wonder how well they can make the gameplay fun with much of their efforts built on the grAphics.

definantly a 9/10 though

• Solon22Solon22 Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by brostyn
    I hope we are talking about the graphics that are actually in the game, and not the fake screenshots that they fix up and send to MMORPG. I rate ingame graphics a 7. It looks exactly like WoW.

I find it funny how everyone compares everything to WoW.

First off, this game is in my eyes nothing like WoW. The gameplay is different, different company, different graphics engine, different people working behind the scenes, different environment, different gameplay, different (and much better) lore.

Please, if you try and compare these graphics to WoW, you really need to look again. They're nothing of the sort, and I really start to find it insulting when someone can find nothing else better to say than 'it looks like WoW..."

There are more MMO's out there than WoW, and I guarantee you none of them will be like WoW people tend to portray it as. Even WAR will be different as similar as you may think it looks right now.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Graphics dont appeal to me quite as much as they are a bit cartoony. But I give it an 8.

Character models, textures, animations - 5 They are really quite bad and I'm being kind with that score. The hobbit is a plump little fat guy/girl with all their babyfat left over, especially on their legs. Women run like they are scampering through a love story.. it's pathetic.

They've done a lot it's clear with the world environments in the very dated AC2 engine. But it's clear they haven't done anything really to improve the modeling and animation. But again, turbine has always been known for their horrible modeling and really bad keyframe animation.

"First off, this game is in my eyes nothing like WoW"

Graphicly it's not much I agree. Otherwise.. well...

• ErieErie Member Posts: 5

The water looks amazing, but I'm not to fond of the rest of the landscape. 7/10

• iduumsiduums Member Posts: 205
    high end graphics are never good for a MMO, gameplay will be horrible, unless you have a very high end pc.
  • synergisynergi Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Just from comparing the graphic's from other games.

I'd consider EQ2's world graphics a 9/10
    LOTR i'd gi've an 8

Gods and Heroes Character models 9/10
    LOTR 6/7

"It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees,"

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Overall 7/10

Character animation 5/10

• jobsjobs Member Posts: 16
    Looks like an 8 to me.