Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is homosexuality a sin? Is gay marriage wrong?

Why would you deny someone a chance at love? Is it wrong to love a person of the same sex? Of course not. Who would think such a thing. Where is the logic in this. Let them live their lives in peace and harmony. That is all they ask for. It is all they care about. Life is too short to be mean and bitter over who we marry and how we marry. Love is love. It does not matter who it is by. The end result will be the same. Life will go on, the sun will shine and the moon will glow in its glorious and almighty darkness.

Who are we to decide the fate of someones happiness? Who put us in charge? God? No, I do not think so. We only have one life to live on this glorious earth. Why not try to make the best of it instead of trying to control the fate of another couple. Life would be so much happier and freer if we just learn to accept each other for who we are. Look beyond the outside of our skin, look deeper into who we really are.

We are all reaching for the same goal. Lets try to live life to the fullest rather than bring each other down. God would like that. I think that is why he made us. He wants to see us reach our full potential he wants to see us do well in our lives. It does not matter how we do it or who we do it with. The bottom line is we give it our best shot. It is okay to have fears and worries. It is okay to be a little afraid of people who are different. Embrace the fear, get to know it, understand its purpose and the fear will slowly fade away. You will be able to live life a little bit easier knowing you have conquered your fear of change.

As long as we continue to live out lives in fear and blind ignorance, things will never change. We will never change and grow as a person and as a community. In order for us to evolve both spiritually and mentally we must be willing to look beyond ourselves. The world is such a big place, there is so much to see and do. Its amazing how much the world has to offer. Its also amazing how little we really do know about life and our world.
Time can be a very important factor in our lives. We can either use our time to grow and develop or we can waste time away forever and be lost in our own little world, in our own little shells. Why would anybody want to live such a life of entrapment. There are so many beautiful and happy people in our world. Let them share their joy with you. Let them share their wisdom with you. You will feel so much better, so much happier and so much more alive.

The world will be a better place because you decided to come out of your shell to understand what you were fearing. You would be proud of yourself and see life in a new light. It would be a brighter more cheerful and more alive. You would have made the world smile through your kindness. That is all we really want in life. We want to smile as long as we can. It does not matter what kind of person we are or who we like. We all want the same thing. We are all special in that way.

Please try to understand your flaws, understand your weaknesses. It will only hold you back and stunt your growth if you fail to acknowledge them. Dont fight against it, you will loose. You need to face them head on and see your flaws for who they really are. It is not the real you. It is a sham. The real you is desperately trying to be free, trying to escape the darkness of ignorance it is apart of. But it is afraid of what the darkness will do once it is free. It is afraid of what it will see if the real you decides to turn around and leave the darkness.

You will be okay you will be able to leave the darkness if you take it slow. Be patient, ignorance can be hard to fight off. But it only takes one step. One step at a time will take you to a better place. A place where you will see everybody as equals regardless of who they are, what they do and who they marry.

Ichben Einberliner
http://www.myspace.com/ichben

Comments

• FrubbFrubb Member Posts: 50

Are we, people at MMORPG.com  you speak of really that ignorant?

Anyway, short to the point - I agree...all except the 'darkness' bit.

The cats in the bag.....(....and the bag's in the river....)

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Hm, being straight and single, and not believing in 'sin' in the first place, I guess I don't care in 3 different ways.

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453
    Is this dude a pro troll or something? First some long ass thing about abortions yesterday, and now this. I'm intrigued.

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

Originally posted by KzinKiller

Hm, being straight and single, and not believing in 'sin' in the first place, I guess I don't care in 3 different ways.

What he said.
  • upallnightupallnight Member Posts: 1,154

I'm gay and I call bullshit. 

Are you on ecstasy?

--------------------------------------
    image image

• InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115

Originally posted by Kuzzle

What he said.

I third this post.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The question would be:

Does gay marriage promote the general welfare of this country. Does it insure domestic tranquility?

I guess the answer would be from different point of views. One could argue scientifically that gay marriage does neither to the US constitution.

Example: If you have 10 hetero couples and 10 gay couples and two islands(controlled enviroment) and placed each set of couples on one of the two isles seperately and told both to be posterous,promote the general welfare and provide domestic tranquility for multiple generations(To keep the country growing) .

Which would most likely succeed?

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    2x "Nope".

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    To quote Eddie Murphy:

- I make fun of gay people because... well they are gay

It shouldn't be illegal, but they shouldn't be able to adopt children simply because there is no substitute for both mother and a father.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I know I'm about to get flamed for my opinions, but that will just tell me you guys don't like to hear anything that isn't your viewpoint.

Anyways, to the questions.

Is homosexuality a sin? Yes. Well, sorta. Specifically, to me and the things I believe in, it is a sin. Now I have to qualify this because it's a fine line in my beliefs/religion. Now, being homosexual is not a sin. Being attracted to those of your own gender in a sexual way is not a sin. What is a sin is engaging in homosexual sex. Why? Because it's counter to the natural order of things. Biologically it serves no purpose. t's counter to the way God made us. It's also counter to evolution as homosexual acts don't produce offspring (and I'm talking about in species where there are two genders). So regarding where I draw the 'sin' line (and this is more or less where my religion draws it too), having the urge for same sex relations is not a sin, engaging in same sex relations is.

Is gay marriage wrong? This is a much more gray area, atleast to me. I mean, gay people deserve to be happy. However, since marriage was invented it has always been about a man and a woman. Gay marriage represents a weakening of the 'marriage' instutition, making it no longer a special tradition but only a legal status. Personally I think it ruins the tradition for people who feel marriage is a sacred event (and not even religious wise, just the fact that it represents so many things). Now before you start having hissy fits, let me say that the way that I mean gay marriage ruins the tradition and the sanctity of marriage, is the same way it's ruined by people getting married and divorced all the time. Marriage used to be a big deal, but slowly it's foundations are being chipped away until getting married will just be like getting a drivers license, and it won't really mean anything anymore. This saddens me because it means that one of the core values of our society is basically being torn down in the name of the minority. It means it will change society for my kids and frankly I like society the way it is, the way it was when I grew up. That is the society I want to give them, with the traditions and values intact. Not where marriage is less meaningfull.

I'd like gay people to be able to get married, they deserve to atleast have the chance to partake in this sacred and special event. However, I'd like it if we could figure out a way to allow them that without detracting from the sanctity of marriage.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Blurr

I know I'm about to get flamed for my opinions, but that will just tell me you guys don't like to hear anything that isn't your viewpoint.
    Anyways, to the questions.
    Is homosexuality a sin? Yes. Well, sorta. Specifically, to me and the things I believe in, it is a sin. Now I have to qualify this because it's a fine line in my beliefs/religion. Now, being homosexual is not a sin. Being attracted to those of your own gender in a sexual way is not a sin. What is a sin is engaging in homosexual sex. Why? Because it's counter to the natural order of things. Biologically it serves no purpose. t's counter to the way God made us. It's also counter to evolution as homosexual acts don't produce offspring (and I'm talking about in species where there are two genders). So regarding where I draw the 'sin' line (and this is more or less where my religion draws it too), having the urge for same sex relations is not a sin, engaging in same sex relations is.
    Is gay marriage wrong? This is a much more gray area, atleast to me. I mean, gay people deserve to be happy. However, since marriage was invented it has always been about a man and a woman. Gay marriage represents a weakening of the 'marriage' instutition, making it no longer a special tradition but only a legal status. Personally I think it ruins the tradition for people who feel marriage is a sacred event (and not even religious wise, just the fact that it represents so many things). Now before you start having hissy fits, let me say that the way that I mean gay marriage ruins the tradition and the sanctity of marriage, is the same way it's ruined by people getting married and divorced all the time. Marriage used to be a big deal, but slowly it's foundations are being chipped away until getting married will just be like getting a drivers license, and it won't really mean anything anymore. This saddens me because it means that one of the core values of our society is basically being torn down in the name of the minority. It means it will change society for my kids and frankly I like society the way it is, the way it was when I grew up. That is the society I want to give them, with the traditions and values intact. Not where marriage is less meaningfull.
    I'd like gay people to be able to get married, they deserve to atleast have the chance to partake in this sacred and special event. However, I'd like it if we could figure out a way to allow them that without detracting from the sanctity of marriage.

First off let me say I respect your opinion.

As far as it serving no purpose...It feels good (I assume, I'm strait and married) that is serving a purpose. There are different species that engage in same sex acts. Some do it to show dominance and others do it because it feels good (again I assume).

Next. You say that marrage has always been a big deal. Not necessarily true. In some cultures yes, it is and was a big deal. Often times it was simply a way of getting rid of a daughter in excange for some cows, pigs, land, ect... I guess it depends on your views (religion, culture, history, ect...)

As far as what the OP is talking about. I could give a rats a$$. If you want to live that lifestyle and get married go for it. I'm married and it would not change my opinion of what marriage means to me.

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Homosexuality is not a sin, it's a disorder.

Gay marriage isn't wrong, by definition it's not possible. Marriage is defined as existing between opposite sexes.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by Jorev

Homosexuality is not a sin, it's a disorder.
    Gay marriage isn't wrong, by definition it's not possible. Marriage is defined as existing between opposite sexes.

Well, it's either a legal construct of the State, in which case it's whatever the State wants to define it as, or it's a ceremonial status conferred by a Church, in which case it's whatever the Church wants to define it as.

Personally I prefer it to be left to churches and keep the State out of the 'defining marriage' business ... soif somebody wants to have a Gay Church of Apollo and define marriage ceremonies in it .... what do I care?

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

It may not be a sin, but I would be most unamused to have a gay son.

So I don't want a load of gay role models running around influencing my kids. Sorry, I'll eat drink, work and party with gays most williingly. Respect their chosen ways of life and even find humour and liberty in it. 

But never encourage it. Its' not my chosen path.  

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285
    I don't like gay people, I'm allowed to say that, but I think it's OK to let gay couples have marrieage. I don't have probs with that. I just don't like the most gay 'cause they're acting kinda' weird. Anyway, I think marriage is stupid too, it's not cheap, and what do you get? A nice party yes, and you are a official couple now, you can do that in your garden too...

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    OP:

#1- No.

#2- No.

Next question ?

• GooneyGooney Member Posts: 194

I dont see why anyone would care. 

If one of my children turns out to be gay it certainly wont affect how much I love them.  And I as thier father wish nothing more than they have a happy and fullfilled life, if as a homosexual they decide that marriage would contribute to that, well.  I guess Id have to dust of my tux and throw in helping getting things organized.

It is also my view that if this couple that dedicated themselves to eachother in front of thier common community (is that not marriage?) decided to rear a child, then I would be for that too.  A child with two loving parents cant be worse off than a child with one loving parent or worse yet no loving parents.

Homosexaulity isnt an illness, nor is it a moral choice, it is a lifestyle choice.  If someone decides to tie morality into it, what then is that morality derived from.

There is only one valid argument against homosexaulity and that is the simple, black and white biological imperative argument.  And that argument simply doesnt hold water in a time, place, and societies which have rapidly growing, ill kempt populations.

There is no logical basis for a moral opposition.  There are far too many religions all claiming to be right for me to give too much weight to any of thier arguments.

BTW, Im married with 2 kids.

-Gooney

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708

Originally posted by Gooney

I dont see why anyone would care. 
    If one of my children turns out to be gay it certainly wont affect how much I love them.  And I as thier father wish nothing more than they have a happy and fullfilled life, if as a homosexual they decide that marriage would contribute to that, well.  I guess Id have to dust of my tux and throw in helping getting things organized.
    It is also my view that if this couple that dedicated themselves to eachother in front of thier common community (is that not marriage?) decided to rear a child, then I would be for that too.  A child with two loving parents cant be worse off than a child with one loving parent or worse yet no loving parents.
    Homosexaulity isnt an illness, nor is it a moral choice, it is a lifestyle choice.  If someone decides to tie morality into it, what then is that morality derived from.
    There is only one valid argument against homosexaulity and that is the simple, black and white biological imperative argument.  And that argument simply doesnt hold water in a time, place, and societies which have rapidly growing, ill kempt populations.
    There is no logical basis for a moral opposition.  There are far too many religions all claiming to be right for me to give too much weight to any of thier arguments.
    BTW, Im married with 2 kids.
    -Gooney

I whole-heartedly agree with what you say except for one thing: it is not a choice. Sexual identity and orientation are part of our very concept of ourselves and are not a result of a choice, but rather are built in who we are, how we developed and came to be.

Living openly and assuming what we are (e.g. if you're homosexual, not hiding it, etc.), however, is a choice.

P.S.: For reference's sake, I'm male and heterosexual.

• GooneyGooney Member Posts: 194

Holyavenger1,

Yes, you are of course right, I mispoke, or at the very least was unclear on my position.  I agree that it is not a choice.  I agree that sexual orientation is simply one of the aspects of being human.  I was clumsey and unclear and for that I apologize.

I do not believe that homo or hetrosexuality is anything as trivial as a simple choice or prefrence (lunlike the cola wars, pepsi or coke).  Our sexuality is integral to our own identity, how important that aspect is, is of course dependant upon the personality.  You cant seperate the "gay" or "straight" from a person anymore than you can seperate red from blood.  It is what we are as humans, our big brains did more for us than let us figure out tools, it gave us layers and layers of complexities.

-Gooney

• Ze.RomeguZe.Romegu Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by Infliction

Originally posted by Kuzzle

What he said.

I third this post.

Agreed.

• nero666nero666 Member Posts: 205

gay marriages are stupid

look if every male will be gay?

and homosexuality is promoted in every country

homophoby now is something like antisemitism...tabu word

and marriage is only nice for taxes

next will be married with ur own dog..or gold fish

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    I look down on everybody against homosexuality and gay marriage. Homosexuality is not a choice. its something your born with. If it makes them happy, who are we to say 'No, you can't be"?

• LokimerLokimer Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by Pachelbel

Why would you deny someone a chance at love? Is it wrong to love a person of the same sex? Of course not. Who would think such a thing. Where is the logic in this. Let them live their lives in peace and harmony. That is all they ask for. It is all they care about. Life is too short to be mean and bitter over who we marry and how we marry. Love is love. It does not matter who it is by. The end result will be the same. Life will go on, the sun will shine and the moon will glow in its glorious and almighty darkness.
    We arn't denying them a chance at love, if they're wanting to get married they shoudl already be in love. That is logic. We are denying gay couples the legal status of marriage becuase they do not need the tax breaks associated with a married couple, mainly becuase they are not going to have children in the future, becuase men cannot have children together, It's biologically impossible.
    Who are we to decide the fate of someones happiness? Who put us in charge? God? No, I do not think so. We only have one life to live on this glorious earth. Why not try to make the best of it instead of trying to control the fate of another couple. Life would be so much happier and freer if we just learn to accept each other for who we are. Look beyond the outside of our skin, look deeper into who we really are.
    Awwww, you have a heart of gold.  Apparently we are the people of the United states who find two men getting married to be culturally unaceptable at the moment.
    We are all reaching for the same goal. Lets try to live life to the fullest rather than bring each other down. God would like that. I think that is why he made us. He wants to see us reach our full potential he wants to see us do well in our lives. It does not matter how we do it or who we do it with. The bottom line is we give it our best shot. It is okay to have fears and worries. It is okay to be a little afraid of people who are different. Embrace the fear, get to know it, understand its purpose and the fear will slowly fade away. You will be able to live life a little bit easier knowing you have conquered your fear of change.
    First of all, God doesn't have an opinion if he doesn't exist.  But what God are you even talking about; Dionysus? I'm sure the fact that our culture is turning into a hedonistic cesspool of selfishness and imbridled pleasure seeking is pleasing the God of Judeo/christian belief.
    As long as we continue to live our lives in fear and blind ignorance, things will never change. We will never change and grow as a person and as a community. In order for us to evolve both spiritually and mentally we must be willing to look beyond ourselves. The world is such a big place, there is so much to see and do. Its amazing how much the world has to offer. Its also amazing how little we really do know about life and our world.
    You're right, it's amazing how little we do in fact know about our current state in this world. I'd like our nation to wake up.

Time can be a very important factor in our lives. We can either use our time to grow and develop or we can waste time away forever and be lost in our own little world, in our own little shells. Why would anybody want to live such a life of entrapment. There are so many beautiful and happy people in our world. Let them share their joy with you. Let them share their wisdom with you. You will feel so much better, so much happier and so much more alive.
    The world will be a better place because you decided to come out of your shell to understand what you were fearing. You would be proud of yourself and see life in a new light. It would be a brighter more cheerful and more alive. You would have made the world smile through your kindness. That is all we really want in life. We want to smile as long as we can. It does not matter what kind of person we are or who we like. We all want the same thing. We are all special in that way.
    In order to have any sort of utiopian society, you'd have to get rid of greed and selfishness, which unfortuneatly would require an upheaval and overthrow of our current society and a whole new economic and political way of thought, free trade doesn't promote a utopian society.
    Please try to understand your flaws, understand your weaknesses. It will only hold you back and stunt your growth if you fail to acknowledge them. Dont fight against it, you will loose. You need to face them head on and see your flaws for who they really are. It is not the real you. It is a sham. The real you is desperately trying to be free, trying to escape the darkness of ignorance it is apart of. But it is afraid of what the darkness will do once it is free. It is afraid of what it will see if the real you decides to turn around and leave the darkness.
    What are you talking about? ?Por Que?

You will be okay you will be able to leave the darkness if you take it slow. Be patient, ignorance can be hard to fight off. But it only takes one step. One step at a time will take you to a better place. A place where you will see everybody as equals regardless of who they are, what they do and who they marry.
    Ichben Einberliner
    http://www.myspace.com/ichben

• nero666nero666 Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by Gameloading

I look down on everybody against homosexuality and gay marriage. Homosexuality is not a choice. its something your born with. If it makes them happy, who are we to say 'No, you can't be"?                            

you can be gay dude...or whatever else

but why the hell gays need marriage..if they cant have children?

or you can have it too..but without taxes priveleges ( dunno how its called in english)

• LokimerLokimer Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by Gameloading

Does that mean I can ask people if they were borne with the homo?