Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: PAX Blog: Casual Start

DanaDana Halifax, NSPosts: 2,415Member

We're in Seattle to take in the ever-growing Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) and to match the informal tone of the show, we're going to bring you periodic blog updates on our adventures, in addition to game specific articles.

On Friday, the show really doesn’t get under way at all. There are some panels and competitions in the mid-to-late afternoon, but until then, we had some time to kill. Carolyn and I met Victor Watcher, Meghan Rodberg and Ariel Jaffee-Marks for breakfast. The three community gurus – who between them cover Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online – joined us in downtown Bellevue, the suburb of Seattle where PAX is held.

We’d planned an actual interview and demonstration on the show floor, so the atmosphere was quite informal. A perfect and symbolic start to the festivities. Later today, we’ll be meeting Nick Parkinson, a community guy from Sigil’s Vanguard for lunch to talk a bit more formally before finally heading over to the show.

You can read the blog entry here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• superussuperus Seattle, WAPosts: 94Member

Cool.. looking forward to the updates.

I'm an idiot because I just stood in line for an hour and paid my $20 to get in only to find out the exhibition floor (where all the MMOs will be showcased) isn't open until tomorrow.  Thankfully the nice girl taking money at the entrance gave me a refund.  Oh well.. till tomorrow