Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought CoH + CoV ... do i get 2 months free

RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
Hi guys

Well i was plesently soprised to see CoH and CoV bundled for sale in a game shop.

I couldnt resist an bought it

Now I have a question - since each game comes with 1 month free play ( and the cov site states that when you upgrade from CoH you still get 1 month free from CoV)

Will i get 2 free months of CoV gametime ?!

ps

Also any idea how to register both games and  retain my trial characters ?

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Rattrap
    Hi guysWell i was plesently soprised to see CoH and CoV bundled for sale in a game shop.I couldnt resist an bought it imageNow I have a question - since each game comes with 1 month free play ( and the cov site states that when you upgrade from CoH you still get 1 month free from CoV) Will i get 2 free months of CoV gametime ?!psAlso any idea how to register both games and retain my trial characters ?
    Not sure on trial.

This method works: you register one game key (non-trial) then UPGRADE with the other key (doesnt matter which order, not the trial-key). This should get you 60 days.

In theory you could go tria then upgrade with game key then upgrade with game key again (gettting 15+30+30 days), but ask CS if you decide to use the trial-key in that manner.

If you register two seperate game keys (on NC-master account) you will have two seperate accounts, customer service can merge them but it takes a long time.

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

It came down to the fact that trial was apparently US

So i had to start fresh over , i got two month free which is good ( didnt try the 15 day free with trial trick though)

But there it came major letdown - I figured i was playing on US servers before and EU has only two english servers with LOW population ... oh well

I wish europeans played more online games , especially COH/COV

Is there a way to switch to US servers ?

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Is there a way to switch to US servers ?

Not yet...may happen with next issue and 'normal' server transfers.

It is ok ... i was a bit shellshocked to see less people play on EU side.

But than again , I didnt have much trouble finding groups so far...so it is ok

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255
    No you dont get 2 free months

Originally posted by Mastermartz

I did

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255

Originally posted by Mastermartz
    I did

i didnt!!!

?!?!

You should be talking to support

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

They'd have to be pretty cheap not to give you both free months. I'd cancelled my subscription and stopped playing for a while before buying CoV so I got my second free month when I activated that. But they should have automatically given a free month to people already subscribed when they activated the second game.

They advertise one free month of gameplay with purchase so they have to provide it.

I got 2 free months , and everything was just fine