Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gamepal.com BEWARE THIS SITE

Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Call me what you will for buying in game infamy, but I feel I must warn people....

I bought infamy from this site yesterday.

The moron who came online to deliver it traded 2m out of the 4m I paid for to the wrong person.

When I said I didn't receive it I was sworn at and called a scammer.

THEN I was called on my cell.  A "manager" from the company told me I was banned from the site and told me I should "grow the f*** up" and then he hung up on me.

I suggest if you do choose to buy in game "money" do not do so at this site.  They are very unprofessional and have no idea how to treat the people that keep them in business.

You have been warned....

Comments

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299

Originally posted by Darklighter1

I would say these sites legitimacy are riding a thin line(making money off intellectual property or are you just paying for labor?) so I find that statement funny indeed.  I had actually considered buying some gold for WoW but just can't bring myself to pay someone else for their gold farming.  The potential of these sites to be a scam keeps me away.  Though I've never come across their name, your experience erases any doubt that I will stay away from all types of these sites.  CoX was interesting enough for me to earn plenty of influ and infamy on my own.  WoW, I only played a month(may pick it up later, who knows) so even buying gold, I doubt my interest in the game would have increased.

You also pointed out another difference between other businesses. . . .customer service.  Sounds like they failed big time, no matter who was right/wrong.

• BafucinBafucin Member Posts: 276
    Eh how do you trade money in CoV?
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Bafucin
    You dont, you trade/get infamy after paying real money to some company (in theory).
  • BafucinBafucin Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by JelloB2000

You dont, you trade/get infamy after paying real money to some company (in theory).

Ya but can you trade game money ingame? Can't find that option ingame. Would be great to send some over to my alt. =)
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by JelloB2000

Ya but can you trade game money ingame? Can't find that option ingame. Would be great to send some over to my alt. =)

You need a 3rd party.  Right or left click on another player, select TRADE from the window...can always give enhancements, infamy or inspirations to another player that way...of course for inspirations and enhancements you can just right or left click on the item and select trade with the name of someone in your group on it to instantly make it pop in their inventory.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

You should've called your credit card company and disputed the charge.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Since I am not a lamer who has to buy their in game accomplishments, this will never happen to me. But I'm glad it happened to you.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Originally posted by Amathe
    Since I am not a lamer who has to buy their in game accomplishments, this will never happen to me. But I'm glad it happened to you.

Can you shout a little louder?  We couldn't hear your from the top of your pedestal.  The air is really thin that high up and sound doesn't travel so well. 

Yeesh!  You just couldn't wait to get that out of your system I bet.  Probably had a crappy day at work and couldn't wait to get home and 'kick the dog'(aka make yourself feel better by trying to degrade someone else).

The guy made a mistake.  Big freaking deal, it happens.
  • AutoDiskAutoDisk Member Posts: 14

Am very sorry to hear that then, next time you should be careful in trusting any sites coz there are lots of scammers out there. I would suggest that first thing you should do is Go check there site reviews and if possible try to research and ask questions like product guarantees and how can you claim undelivered item just in case. Thank you so much for the info too at least we also aware now. =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings
    if you haven't read this, you've missed out on life! c",)

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Darklighter1

Call me what you will for buying in game infamy, but I feel I must warn people....
    I bought infamy from this site yesterday.
    The moron who came online to deliver it traded 2m out of the 4m I paid for to the wrong person.
    THEN I was called on my cell.  A "manager" from the company told me I was banned from the site and told me I should "grow the f*** up" and then he hung up on me.
    I suggest if you do choose to buy in game "money" do not do so at this site.  They are very unprofessional and have no idea how to treat the people that keep them in business.
    You have been warned....

If you buy money for Lineage 2, okay, Lineage 2 requires a lot of ingame money
    If you buy money for World of Warcraft, okay, WoW's epic mounts are expensive.

buy buying money for City of Villains...?
  • myrrdinirlmyrrdinirl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 314

Gold buyers ruin mmo's, your fault you got burned

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Sucks this happen to the guy. Like what he was doing or not it was still a business deal and it went horribly wrong. I agree, call your credit card company or bank and fight the charges.

As for infmay(can't remember the CoH version), it's used to buy enhancements for your powers as well as boost and heals you can use in and out of battle. You get it through fighting and as you level up the more you tend to need to buy better enhancements, etc. Since you can combine enhancements it pays I believe to get a few of one and then add them together and you get quite a few slots to fill up the higher you go in level. So while not exactly the same as money, it's the closest thing CoH/V has.

I think it's different from money in other games cause in them you use it to buy weapons and armor and they last until you get something else. Ehancements work like that but you are constantly using inspirations. I also believe it's used for something else, base building as well I think since they require a LOT of infamy and fame (I think that's it for CoH).

• LilemopunkidLilemopunkid Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by tute

Can you shout a little louder?  We couldn't hear your from the top of your pedestal.  The air is really thin that high up and sound doesn't travel so well. 

Yeesh!  You just couldn't wait to get that out of your system I bet.  Probably had a crappy day at work and couldn't wait to get home and 'kick the dog'(aka make yourself feel better by trying to degrade someone else).

I hate ppl that think they're better than everyone else. okay dude, just cuz u 'buy in game accomplishments' dosent make u any better than anyone else. I've been getting PLed for the past 2 or 3 days. does that make me less important??? no. Heaven forbid you put yourself in their shoes. you kno what tho,,, this attitude will bite u in the ass one day....jsyk.

Originally posted by Lilemopunkid

Originally posted by tute

I hate ppl that think they're better than everyone else. okay dude, just cuz u 'buy in game accomplishments' dosent make u any better than anyone else. I've been getting PLed for the past 2 or 3 days. does that make me less important??? no. Heaven forbid you put yourself in their shoes. you kno what tho,,, this attitude will bite u in the ass one day....jsyk.

Okay, the only person I know of in this thread that bought any "in-game accomplishments" is the OP, so I don't know why the heck you are quoting my post.  Your post is contradictory itself.  You are telling us that you hate people that buy in-game accomplishments yet put them on the same level as people getting PLed such as yourself.  I responded to the one poster's high-horse attitude toward someone who actually DID buy in game items and said that doesn't make them a 'lamer' for doing it.

I've never bought in-game accomplishments myself and merely expressed my condolences to someone who had a bad business transaction, regardless of whether people think its lame or not.  So go back and read the whole thread you effing moron before bunching up your panties and quoting the wrong person to spew your gospel from on top of the pedestal as well.

*And as far as PLing, I don't really give a crap whether you do it or not. I've done it myself and love the leveling speed but its something I can't do nearly as well anymore since I5 and ED.   What you think makes the game fun is something unique to you just as the OP thought he could derive more enjoyment by getting a large amount of Infamy without hours and hours of grinding.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I've been getting PLed for the past 2 or 3 days. does that make me less important???

The fact that you need another person to play the game for you is just, well, pathetic. I have nothing but scorn for cheaters. And I LAUGH at your misfortune when your sad little "tricks" backfire, such as with the OP.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by myrrdinirl
    Gold buyers ruin mmo's, your fault you got burned

Well, it is possible that it can slightly ruin the economy in some MMO's.

But seeing as CoX has no economy, you have no argument here.

• LilemopunkidLilemopunkid Member Posts: 18

I've been getting PLed for the past 2 or 3 days. does that make me less important???
    The fact that you need another person to play the game for you is just, well, pathetic. I have nothing but scorn for cheaters. And I LAUGH at your misfortune when your sad little "tricks" backfire, such as with the OP.

it was a typo. it wasnt for the op. it was for the guy that YOU quoted. sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • KravosKravos Member Posts: 22

Come back and say that when you have a full time job and your not able too sit on your ass for 16 hrs a day grinding gold/ items/ infamy like you students/ schools kids/ unemployed do
  • TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Sorry to hear you got burned, I agree with some of the other posters contact your CC company and dispute the charges.

And next time just play you will get the influance eventully, I only really get to play COX a couple hours a nite or day if I am lucky and I have never really had inf problems.

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Trand
    Sorry to hear you got burned, I agree with some of the other posters contact your CC company and dispute the charges.

And next time just play you will get the influance eventully, I only really get to play COX a couple hours a nite or day if I am lucky and I have never really had inf problems.

nice banner, this aint stateman is it?
  • BuZZKilgoreBuZZKilgore Member Posts: 525
    You're a dumbass for giving them your info, and your cell phone #. BTW, why buy inf in CoV? That's one of the easiest games ever to make money in.
  • ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Kravos

Come back and say that when you have a full time job and your not able too sit on your ass for 16 hrs a day grinding gold/ items/ infamy like you students/ schools kids/ unemployed do

Am 40 years here, married and two kids and i still dont need to buy gold from people to have fun. I actually enjoyed seeying the OP being treated as he was. People like that shouldnt be allowed to play any mmorpg. They are the cancer of any game.
  • Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by ginfress01

Originally posted by Kravos

Am 40 years here, married and two kids and i still dont need to buy gold from people to have fun. I actually enjoyed seeying the OP being treated as he was. People like that shouldnt be allowed to play any mmorpg. They are the cancer of any game.

I only posted this in order to warn people not to deal with this site since they are unprofessional.  But as usual, it turned into a personal attack on me.  Just take the poster above.  He's 40 years old with 2 kids and he ENJOYS seeing people treated poorly.  You, sir, are a grade A jackass.  Whatever you believe about buying in game currency, the fact you enjoy someone else's misfortune shows what a shallow human being you are.  Maybe you should grow up and maybe you might be a good example to your children.  LOL nah you'll just raise 2 more versions of you that our kids will have to deal with down the road like we have to deal with you and your disgusting personality now.  People like you make me sick.

Oh and by the way, CoX has no in game economy since everything you buy is purchased from NPCs, so that "money" dissapears.  This is why I tried buying infamy.  If this was a game like WoW I wouldn't have done it in fear I would be helping throwing the economy out of whack.  So to all you geniuses that think they know it all, think before you type.

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255

I agree, mostly every MMO player hates people who need to buy there shit then brag so glad it happend to you!
  • Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by ginfress01

*yawn*
    At least my kids know the difference about legal and illegal. Yes i enjoyed your misfortune, to bad they didnt plunder your credit card. But hopefully that will still happen. But please keep us informed, i would love to hear more of the misfortune a moron has by doing something against the law of a game.
    And dontworry, my kids would eat yours alive any day anytime since they know how to deal with the real stuff unlike yours who will learn how to evade rules. They should remove your parenthood and use asmall guilotine to prefend you creating more human waste.

LOL keep on talking idiot.  your kids would eat my kids alive?  LOL.  What a moron.