Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto-Aim

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112

Originally posted by maxanto

Originally posted by tillamook

My post got deleted. Guess they didn’t like my critique of the “NGE Auto Aim Feature ™”

Yup your constant trolling keeps these mods at work night and day. You should be proud.
     thats my job, see my Avatar?
    The more and more I read this thread the more and more I feel like re-subbing. God help me.

not me. get rid of the NGE!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by maxanto

The more and more I read this thread the more and more I feel like re-subbing. God help me.

I did and had a blast for about 2 hours. After that, it got old again fast.
  • SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

They're going to have to work harder than this to get my money back.

It sounds like it's a marked improvement of the NGE, but...

No dice.

Love, Sodapop

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

is there a closest enemy target (tab just cycles outward right?), is there a called target option for pvp groups?

So your group can target an enemy and fire, time spikes, call runners, healers, weak targets?  I find that rather important of a feature...

Just thought I'd ask...

I already am guessing no

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

No dice.

You better watch out.  They might quote that and put it on the SWG: Complete box.

New and Improved
    SWG:Complete

"A marked improvement of the NGE...SODAofBRIA"

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by jrscott

No dice.

You better watch out.  They might quote that and put it on the SWG: Complete box.

New and Improved

rofl!
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by haxxjoo
    is there a closest enemy target (tab just cycles outward right?), is there a called target option for pvp groups?
    So your group can target an enemy and fire, time spikes, call runners, healers, weak targets? I find that rather important of a feature...
    Just thought I'd ask...
    I already am guessing no

They put /assist back in, which when used, make you attack the same mob as the friendly you just used /assist on. Loads of bitching about it on the forums from the NGE fanbois.

You know what I don't get? It's cool to love FPSs, I love them, and I love MMORPGs too. However, to even say you prefer manual targeting in this game over auto-attack is an insult to all FPS games out there. The sad thing is there are people in SWG that think they are FPS kings because they're level 90. ROFL! But then they probably haven't logged in to a UT or CS server in.. well in ever. Dorks. By the way, did you know a dork is the name for a whale penis?

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

No dice.

New and Improved

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEZ!!!

Love, Sodapop

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

New and Improved

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEZ!!!

Another candidate would be:

"It's Only *MOSTLY* dead...Miracle Max"

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Ok other then the stupid blue disk pointer and the fact that I have to turn on attack each time I change targets to get it to start shooting it works like before now.

They went about it the most backward way possible and they key bindings they chose for it blow but I know how to set it now.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Blaster shots now fire for max distance no matter how close your target is, was it always like that and I never noticed or is that a bug?

My mob is 2 feet from me and I am firing off into the sunset...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by kanezfan

So your group can target an enemy and fire, time spikes, call runners, healers, weak targets? I find that rather important of a feature...
    Just thought I'd ask...
    I already am guessing no

They put /assist back in, which when used, make you attack the same mob as the friendly you just used /assist on. Loads of bitching about it on the forums from the NGE fanbois.

You know what I don't get? It's cool to love FPSs, I love them, and I love MMORPGs too. However, to even say you prefer manual targeting in this game over auto-attack is an insult to all FPS games out there. The sad thing is there are people in SWG that think they are FPS kings because they're level 90. ROFL! But then they probably haven't logged in to a UT or CS server in.. well in ever. Dorks. By the way, did you know a dork is the name for a whale penis?

Ya but does it function and make you start auto-attacking? I freaking hated soe assist.  You had to click on your friend then do /assist and with an 8 skill bar you dont really have room for an assist taking up room do you?  I prefer the GW method of Ctrl+T to call a target. Group mates can then hit the C key (Called Target) then spacebar (attack) or special number to attack the target.  Can you set up the bindings to function like this?

It makes switching callers overly difficult.  I dont see any substance to pvp yet as far as builds and strategy goes.

Just thought I'd ask...
    I already am guessing no

Ya but does it function and make you start auto-attacking? I freaking hated soe assist.  You had to click on your friend then do /assist and with an 8 skill bar you dont really have room for an assist taking up room do you?  I prefer the GW method of Ctrl+T to call a target. Group mates can then hit the C key (Called Target) then spacebar (attack) or special number to attack the target.  Can you set up the bindings to function like this?

It makes switching callers overly difficult.  I dont see any substance to pvp yet as far as builds and strategy goes.

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by Rekrul

Hey, improvement.

This was all well and done right up until NGE.

Then its gone for 7-10 months.

Then it's brought back.

Now it takes 3 clicks to activate, and you have what, 5 specials to choose from?

This. Is. Pathetic.

While all other games aim for simplifications of interface, SWG goes on a crusade to provide worst possible user experience. And to top it off, I hear it's even tied to the ~ key. What happens to the radial? And why even bother doing something like that?

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484
    wow, I'm out of the loop! Did they really fix that permanently?  No more aiming??  fine, I dind't want to but here's a rare 

who knows, maybe one day this game might be worth my money all over again.

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Just thought I'd ask...
    I already am guessing no

It's not too hard to assign it to a key if you'd rather that then having to type /assist.  Make a new macro with just /assist; in the body.  Then open up your keymap options, click custom and look for the new assist macro you made and assign it to a key that you like.