Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter 2 tonight

Comments

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Agricola1

So the focus is gonna be BH vs Jedi, glad to see the DEVs are forgetting their past failures and moving on with the game in a different direction!

I was thinking the same thing.  It's only been a year.  How the hell could they forget THAT huge headache already?

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I was looking forward to this as I have both a Elder Jedi and Master BH. But now the clone wars truly will begin. Every FOTM medic will respec, infact im sure 90% will. I must admit I did try out the Jedi skills on TC and although nothing like we once had its was 100% more fun then the current state the NGE is in.

Bounty hunting has been made easier for all the simple people. I'm looking forward to checking at those GCW bases. But I aint holding my breath

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by blondeh

I was looking forward to this as I have both a Elder Jedi and Master BH. But now the clone wars truly will begin. Every FOTM medic will respec, infact im sure 90% will. I must admit I did try out the Jedi skills on TC and although nothing like we once had its was 100% more fun then the current state the NGE is in.
    Bounty hunting has been made easier for all the simple people. I'm looking forward to checking at those GCW bases. But I aint holding my breath

Someone has to keep the "heros" alive

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Medic and Spy are going to be the only other professions that can even hope to survive on a battlefield full of Jedi and BH...  Medics because of their heal/cloud will still be valuable as ever in group fights, and Spy because they can cloak and run away.

Officer and smuggler are cannon fodder.  Which is probably why they are next on the expertise list.

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Medic and Spy are going to be the only other professions that can even hope to survive on a battlefield full of Jedi and BH...  Medics because of their heal/cloud will still be valuable as ever in group fights, and Spy because they can cloak and run away.

Officer and smuggler are cannon fodder.  Which is probably why they are next on the expertise list.

Expertise is of no use when you're having a seizure

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I thought cloud was getting nerfed into oblivion, did that change or was that an error on test center?

Hmmm, if it was an error in test center then within 4 months it will be live without an entry in the patch notes.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

I thought cloud was getting nerfed into oblivion, did that change or was that an error on test center?
    Hmmm, if it was an error in test center then within 4 months it will be live without an entry in the patch notes.

It was an error on TC.  We still have our cloud :)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

So after 10 months of the NGE, are the 9 professions balanced now?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

That cloud will be of no use with my 10k heal mwhahahha

Be prepared to get torn a new one Obriak by all the respecs :D

Originally posted by Obraik

It was an error on TC.  We still have our cloud :)

ok then stealth nerf is coming!

We will have to buy it in expertise and our current one is being changed to a debuff once we finally get our expertise tree.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Commando will probably do reasonably well, given that the heavy weapons will now auto aim and fire, basically are a free special attack...  They will need lots of healing, but a team of commandos as long range nukers wouldn't be bad to have with the new auto aim.

I have around 40k heal power per minute (if I don't use damage specials, apart from the odd cloud)

I am dissapointed in the new target lock system from what I have been reading. I expected my old Target lock system back and my auto fire system back. All I got was set intended target and not having to aim. I still have to aim on it to get the target to start with so when you are in a fight you still have to do that cool wiggly chase it around with your mouse while it runs around in a rediculous manner in all directions until you get lock then you can stop spasming all over the screen.

- Scaris

I have around 40k heal power per minute (if I don't use damage specials, apart from the odd cloud) image

I am not that cool yet since I am only level 81.

- Scaris

I am dissapointed in the new target lock system from what I have been reading. I expected my old Target lock system back and my auto fire system back. All I got was set intended target and not having to aim. I still have to aim on it to get the target to start with so when you are in a fight you still have to do that cool wiggly chase it around with your mouse while it runs around in a rediculous manner in all directions until you get lock then you can stop spasming all over the screen.

You have misread, you're describing the chapter 1 interface :)  You do infact have target lock and autofire back, just like pre-nge.

I have around 40k heal power per minute (if I don't use damage specials, apart from the odd cloud)

I dueled some medics on TC with my TC respec Jedi (who has lots worse gear than my elder on Bloodfin).  It wasn't much of a contest.  Before this publish I had to use hit and run tactics to beat a medic who went pure melee on me.  Indeed, I whomped Elders all the time with my Medic, especially if I had my 8126 energy layered recon suit on and they didn't switch to a kinetic sword ;)

Just read this on the WoW website

The next patch for World of Warcraft will include significant new updates to PvP gameplay with two outdoor world PvP objectives. The first of these will see players struggling for control of four towers in the Eastern Plaguelands.

Sounds familiar. I guess SWG is trying to get there 1st so it looks as if WoW copied SWG for a change

The next patch for World of Warcraft will include significant new updates to PvP gameplay with two outdoor world PvP objectives. The first of these will see players struggling for control of four towers in the Eastern Plaguelands.
    Sounds familiar. I guess SWG is trying to get there 1st so it looks as if WoW copied SWG for a change

No, of course WoW would never copy another MMO

I dueled some medics on TC with my TC respec Jedi (who has lots worse gear than my elder on Bloodfin).  It wasn't much of a contest.  Before this publish I had to use hit and run tactics to beat a medic who went pure melee on me.  Indeed, I whomped Elders all the time with my Medic, especially if I had my 8126 energy layered recon suit on and they didn't switch to a kinetic sword ;)

Tactics, pre-CU BH's were severly gimped and a walking shopping mall to keep themselves able.

If the person that you fought screwed up, didn't know what to do, or wasn't expecting changes due to the new expertise it is going to take some time for them to adapt and then come up with a new method.

- Scaris

• SagoSago Member Posts: 516

I just have to laugh .... at the incomoetence of $OE.

Almost ever since the New Game "Experiment" came out, $OE has been adding small bits and pieces of preNGE back into the game. There is NO doubt by now that $OE is hurting because of this decision to screw their existing playerbase. It is obvious that they ($OE) keep adding little pieces hoping to REimplement the right piece or combination of pieces to get people to return. This will NEVER happen. People see thru this. They also won't return because $OE is still in charge, which leaves them in a position to destroy  the game a second time.

$OE would have been ALOT smarter to just create Classic Servers. At least that way it would have looked like they wanted 2 different games instead of REadding old pieces to try to stop the bleeding.

Sago Mactow
    Former SWG 2yr 7 month Vet
    6/26/03 - 1/26/06
    Jedi, Master Shipwright, Master Architect
    DFR Councilman
    Tarq Server

::::04::

- Scaris

Originally posted by Sago
    I just have to laugh .... at the incomoetence of $OE.
    Almost ever since the New Game "Experiment" came out, $OE has been adding small bits and pieces of preNGE back into the game. There is NO doubt by now that $OE is hurting because of this decision to screw their existing playerbase. It is obvious that they ($OE) keep adding little pieces hoping to REimplement the right piece or combination of pieces to get people to return. This will NEVER happen. People see thru this. They also won't return because $OE is still in charge, which leaves them in a position to destroy  the game a second time.
    $OE would have been ALOT smarter to just create Classic Servers. At least that way it would have looked like they wanted 2 different games instead of REadding old pieces to try to stop the bleeding.

Really they aren't adding anything back. Even the target lock is based on the new system and still requires some twitch handwork from how I am understanding it to work. This is all still part of their original plan to finish the NGE after the crammed it in last year. I think they are just trying to spin it alittle like they are giving people back their game in hopes that they will gain some favor with some of their lost customers.

- Scaris

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by njdevi66
    nice, a waypoint to your targeted mark, can they make it any easier for the bounty hunters. why dont they just sent a tell to the mark inviting them to where the bounty hunter is so he can just kill him right there at arrival.. sounds good huh!
    Um, no.  Player bounties are Tier 3 missions, so the only thing it cuts out is the use of the Spy Net operative, you will still need to use the two droids.  Tier 2's will still require you to use the Seeker droids.

Actually, speaking only as a former BH.. . this is a nice change.  The spynet operative was only ever an annoying necessity.  Nobody actually liked going to them and there were whole threads explaining shortcuts and faster ways of getting to him and then on to using your droids.  I like that it cuts out the Spynet Operative... bout damn time actually.

If you've never played a BH then don't comment on BH requirements.

And, point of fact:  Once you use a droid you ALWAYS got a waypoint to your Mark's current location.  You have to use multiple seekers to keep it up to date though.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Some people just dont learn until they get there stuff nerfed or removed i guess. That bounty hunter crap is just ridiculous i honestly dont know why u play that crap still seriously or why anyone does ? As for my comparison to WOW it is a poor ripoff of WOW very poor. As for the character looks thing arent u glad they spent so much time and money on something thats really quite useless and most wont use or care really? who wants to look liike old man winters? Lol enjoy those who try to beta this pile

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

No, of course WoW would never copy another MMO

You are Right , SIr!  WoW Only observes other MMOs ( Mostly SOE's) to steer away from mistakes.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan