Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking about starting up...

gthreenogthreeno Member Posts: 36

...but I hear about how non-solo of a game FFXI is. This does not bother me, but what I wanted to ask is this: If I dont have any friends coming to start up and play with me, would it still be a worthwhile investment? I know I could make friends in the game itself, but I would be starting alone, completly n00b, etc... and it may be some time before I actually can make friends in game.

Wondering because I'd really love to get into this game, but all of my friends are WoW addicts.

FFXI seems very unique and I am a fan of pretty much anything square-enix gives me.

Thanks.

Comments

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361
    FFXI is solo-able to an extent, Its not like as soon as you start up you're going to need a party before you can leave town <.< It'll prolly take you a few days before you can get to the lvl when you can people usually start to party (Lvl 10 btw), Most, and I say most because I do it, and my friends do it is solo untill at least 15 before you start to party. You can go higher, 20+ is when it starts to slow down on all jobs, Some like Beastmaster Can solo all the way to 75 effectivly, others like BRD are pretty party oriented.

Unless you meet somone in town or while exploring, You'll make most of your friends in either a Linkshell, or in parties, Just inform people that you are new, And you should make some friends (Vets & Newbies alike). 

IMO chosing not to play the game, becuase your friends don't isn't anyway to decide.