Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW and the "new classes"

Ok folks im going to rant a little here due to well everyone complaining about the "new" classes in wow.

The idea that Horde and Alliance is Good vs Evil is false.  Its good vs good or evil vs evil.  There is no "Good guys" in WoW.  Each side is the good guys and each side is evil.  Now that said the new player classes.  Shamman and Paladin for oposite races. 

Dark Elves are Horde and they have thier Paladin now.  So what if they do?  As far as horde is conserned they aren't evil.  Why shouldn't the horde have thier "white knight" class?  Alliance has a knight that stands for all the beliefs of the Alliance and now so does the horde.  And the horde now have shamman.  Why shouldn't they?

People are complaining about these changes because of the paladin mostly.  People shouldn't be complaining about the fact that Horde now have a paladin and should be complaining that Blizzard did not come up with something better.  This is poor design not "HORDE IS EVIL They shouldn't have a paladin"  it is more along the lines of "Blizzard was too lazy to make new classes so we just swapped out 2 of them"

And remember in all fantasy lore there are Dark Elves and that is why its the blood elves on horde. 

Now please for the love of god all you WoW players especially you podcasters out there stop complaining about the stupid little changes in WoW unless you are a World of WarCraft pod cast and not a MMO news podcast.

Thanks.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Its blood elves!

I personally think its a great idea. it balances the game more, and its fun to finally play as (or next) to the class you always used to kill a lot. I think its a great move. it messes up the lore a bit, but oh well. gameplay over lore any day of the week.

• SoSikWitItSoSikWitIt Member Posts: 65

You should have really posted this in the WoW section of this site.

This thread will not end well.

• MrLuigiMrLuigi Member Posts: 3
    Don't care if it ends well or not.  Got my thoughts out and I wrote about it in reply to the podcast and couldnt find a podcast forum so i posted here.

• AcaeusAcaeus Member Posts: 193
    It should be titled the lack of "new classes" in the next major expansion. Which is really strange, even if not surprising considering Blizzard seems to be playing very safe now. Allowing ll classes to boyh sides is as safe as it gets,in terms of balance.

• stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Its blood elves!

I personally think its a great idea. it balances the game more, and its fun to finally play as (or next) to the class you always used to kill a lot. I think its a great move. it messes up the lore a bit, but oh well. gameplay over lore any day of the week.

WoW sucks end of story

amd how the hell do you have 2 stars with only 2 posts?

• XalbanXalban Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by stanfink

Originally posted by Gameloading Its blood elves!I personally think its a great idea. it balances the game more, and its fun to finally play as (or next) to the class you always used to kill a lot. I think its a great move. it messes up the lore a bit, but oh well. gameplay over lore any day of the week.WoW sucks end of story

The scoring on this site is not limited to the amount of posts you have done. I haven't really looked at it but I think contributing to the polls help if you wish to raise it.

About the post; very interesting news, I didn't know about this at all. I guess since I'm stuck playing WoW until AoC is released, I might end up with a Paladin alt afterall ::::02::

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    This change is a slap in the face of a huge portion of their population.  Blizzard is systematically spitting on groups of its players, first with the horrid "world PvP" patch fedExing sand in a  desert, now this.  They have basically removed any difference between the alliance and horde.   One of the great things about DAOC was the dynamic of class variations between the factions.   This is a Blizzard cop-out to all the whining people who like to complain about shamans in PvP and Paladins in PvE.  So instead of trying to balance their own classes, they have killed the identity of their entire factions.   What makes it even worse is that the real losers in this are shamans.  By adding Paladins to the horde, shamans role in a raid will be severaly diminished, especially with another class to have to work into the same 40 slots avaiable.  As someone who played this game for a year and a half, I can honestly say I am very thankful I did not invest any more time and got out when I did, Blizzard fails to listen to its players on a game breaking issue to many like world PvP, then pulls this out of their ass prbabaly from the same genious who thought they could convince players that sand in the desert is valuable.   I don't think they even play their own game sometimes.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    What would of made this new expansion good would be to bring in some NEW classes..I played wow from closed beta til aug 2005, and played each character up to at least lvl. 40..had alot of 60's. I hated the endgame as you can see, and I know I will probably not buy the new expansion because it doesn't have any new classes to play. boring..
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by stanfink

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Its blood elves!

WoW sucks end of story

Any proof? oh you don't, only your own oppinion. you don't like the game, its not a bad game. learn the diffrence.
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    I think it sucks.  The Evil Alliance shouldn't get the Shaman.  It completely unbalances the game.  The alliance might actually win a Warsong Gulch Battlegrounds.  Also they have a big race now.  All alliance races should always have to look up to the Horde.  This completely ruins the greatness of the Horde.  I think they should take out Dreanie and give them Murlocs.  Murlocs fit right alongside the Evil Alliance; also they can have a different non-overpowered Shaman class like, Battle Caller.  That calls hundreds of Murlocs to jump the enemy.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by MrLuigi
    Ok folks im going to rant a little here due to well everyone complaining about the "new" classes in wow.

The idea that Horde and Alliance is Good vs Evil is false.  Its good vs good or evil vs evil.  There is no "Good guys" in WoW.  Each side is the good guys and each side is evil.  Now that said the new player classes.  Shamman and Paladin for oposite races. 

Dark Elves are Horde and they have thier Paladin now.  So what if they do?  As far as horde is conserned they aren't evil.  Why shouldn't the horde have thier "white knight" class?  Alliance has a knight that stands for all the beliefs of the Alliance and now so does the horde.  And the horde now have shamman.  Why shouldn't they?

People are complaining about these changes because of the paladin mostly.  People shouldn't be complaining about the fact that Horde now have a paladin and should be complaining that Blizzard did not come up with something better.  This is poor design not "HORDE IS EVIL They shouldn't have a paladin"  it is more along the lines of "Blizzard was too lazy to make new classes so we just swapped out 2 of them"

And remember in all fantasy lore there are Dark Elves and that is why its the blood elves on horde. 

Now please for the love of god all you WoW players especially you podcasters out there stop complaining about the stupid little changes in WoW unless you are a World of WarCraft pod cast and not a MMO news podcast.

Thanks.

I Disagree!!!
    THE HORDE SHOULD HAVE ALL!!!!!!!!!!

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

No, sir: It has nothing to do with "Good vs. Evil", but "Cost vs. Quality"; rather than create new, unique classes that would require many hours of testing and balancing, they tack on old classes that used to be exclusive to each side.

Because of the influx of new competition, they are doing the right thing; the creation of new content is so expensive and subject to diminishing returns (since they cannot change the fundamentals of the game) that they are better off investing their resources in another mmorpg/product.

The expansion is just a complement product to the game, a game that has seen it's maximum revenues and subscription base and will only continue to decline as utility curves and competition drives consumers to other products.

How can I tell that they haven't invested much in the game? The lack of new content: How many new classes and skills are going to be included the expansion? 10 levels' worth.

How many more quests can they include over 10 levels without trivializing the rewards in each quest?

I think that the marginal 10 levels for their "blockbuster" expansion will be nothing what the end-game of 60 is right now: A slow raid-instance grind to 70. The same holds for skills; since the expansion trees are independent of the trees in levels <= 60, the number of different paths that must be considered for balancing is relatively trivial.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• Originally posted by MrLuigi

**snipped**

**snipped**

Yeah because there were dark elves in Amber and fantasy books such as that. Or entire RPG settings like Talislantia which purposely advertised it had no elves at all.   Man why do people make themselves slaves to cliche?