Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me about MU online

I've only played a few Korean games before, but what can y'all tell me about this game?

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Dude, its a Point and click MMO with 3 measly classes where everyone seems to look alike and almost all items are tier based..(meaning at level 5 you get this weapon and so does every single other level 5, at level 10 you get this, and so does everyone else) which ends up leaving no room for any custum classes or differences. Also, the skills are limited and that also goes for armor for what I said above. The only sort of neat thing in this game is that you can wield a lightsaber(yah if you play 2042304234 hours to get your strength high enough to use it, or agility or w/e the requirements are). Also you can levitate using wings or something, there are angel and bat wings, but like I said, get ready to play 434593835 hours to get them.

The only innovative thing I saw was that they had a system to where if you leveled a character to level 100, you could rebirth him to another class with minor ability changes or something similar to that.

Hope that somewhat helped your decision on playing "MU Online"

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539

If all you want to do in a game is kill things, level up and get cool armor MU is the game for you. There might as well not be a storyline and other than hacking and slashing your way through the levels there isn't much other content, unless you just go pure outlaw on everything you see, which will inevitably get you killed and make you lose items....

• harabasharabas Member Posts: 100

MU is crap................crap...............crap.................damn.....crap.....................

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Originally posted by harabas

MU is crap................crap...............crap.................damn.....crap.....................

Hey, atleast I gave a better description than this...

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• KeridwanKeridwan Member Posts: 118
    Yes I agree with Tigris its a pretty basic structure and set up ... there is more interesting material out there. :)

• SCKnightSCKnight Member Posts: 5

In other words, MU Online is similar to Diablo II due to being a hack & slash game.

I prefer games that don't have too many character choices (with the exception of facial features like hair styles and faces).  It makes it hard to decide on what character to be (Everquest II being one of those games).  I looked at screenshots of the game, and it appears to have a good storyline (nothing to write home about).

I might give it a try.

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539
    Just so you know there is literally NO character customization other than your armor in this game, if every DK took off their armer they would be exactly identical.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by SCKnight

In other words, MU Online is similar to Diablo II due to being a hack & slash game.
    I prefer games that don't have too many character choices (with the exception of facial features like hair styles and faces).  It makes it hard to decide on what character to be (Everquest II being one of those games).  I looked at screenshots of the game, and it appears to have a good storyline (nothing to write home about).
    I might give it a try.

lol yeah in those few ways it's like diablo 2, but it's not fun.
  • OreguruOreguru Member Posts: 40
    doh, at least diablo 2 was more intense, more customization AROUND equip, like, tons of weapons and armors(thought most likely just few "types" of visuals) and i suppose diablos gameplay was more fun, and being aware of battlenet,doh... i said it again, its just to waste your life to play mu, try something better, you might get yourself second life, and not just wake up after a month of 24/7 playing mu, and like - wtf? back to reality? OH NOES. :o
  • DeathpooperDeathpooper Member Posts: 265
    This game is all about gear. If you have crap gear, nobody will invite you to a group. Everything depends on where you are playing. For example, the offical servers have low drop rate and low exp rate. I would suggest playing on private servers. Also, this game is full of cheaters.

• TransientMetalTransientMetal Member Posts: 6

You can find Mu Online Servers on every top 100 etc. site. Private Servers aren't THAT bad if you find one with a good community and helpful ppl(For Example, HellEntry MU) Anywayz the only reason i play is the shinyness altho its not bad with friends.(Almost any mmorpg is fun with friends) and the items in the game arent all tier based. For example, you can go one-handed or two-handed weps. Anywayz if you're serious about playing Mu, try Hellentry www.hellentry.com

/1st rant

i don't even know why i'm defending Mu, I geuss cause it was one of my first all-grinder mmorpg which i didn't hate after 5 minz of play