Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who can play URU where and when?

Hi all,

by visiting this forum and the sites of Gametap I heard bad news. 

URU live will be available only in the US.

I played all Myst games including part V. The games and the story are deep in my mind. There are a lot of people who like the worlds of Myst. So I'm very disappointed to hear that I can't enjoy this new wonderfull game.

best regards from Germany

Ralf 

Comments

• Kai-UweKai-Uwe Member Posts: 5

No, you are wrong. Uru-Live will be available internationally. Read the F.A.Q. at www.urulive.com.

You can currently play UntilUru. For more informations you might look here or here!

Kai-Uwe

• Whitch2Whitch2 Member Posts: 13

Yes, don't worry ralf01.

According to the UruLive website...." Please note that GameTap is not currently available for residents outside the United States, but that both Cyan and GameTap are working together to make sure that Uru Live will be available internationally."

While GameTap is a pretty cool site, UruLive is being designed to run independantly of it. The USA are  basically getting a bonus for signing up - the availability of hundreds of other games through one site.  UruLive is going to be added to the GameTap library and  those of us in the USA  can simply access it from there, while those outside of the USA (and those who do not wish to join GameTap, I believe) will have an alternate method of access.

Cyan is not the type of company to ignore it's international community!  

• ralf01ralf01 Member Posts: 2

Thank you all,

for the good news. Now I'm lucky again.

(Hi Kai-Uwe. Wir sind ja fast gleichaltrig und wohnen auch nicht weit voneinander.)

best regards

Ralf

• NeoGholaNeoGhola Member Posts: 27

On the Saturday just gone, I attended Mystralia (Like Mysterium, but in Australia). Master Rand Miller himself favoured us with a video link-up, and one of the things he said was that Uru Live will definitely be available to 'Internationals' (IE Anyone not residing in the US.)

• JackalCarlosJackalCarlos Member Posts: 6
    /cheer for Cyan and GameTap!