Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

9Dragons: The League of Beggars

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

Today, we bring you the third in our continuing series of features that explore the lore for the different clans in the upcoming Martial Arts MMORPG, 9 Dragons. This one focuses on "The League of Beggars".

This is the third instalment of a six article series exploring the background lore of the clans in the exciting new MMO martial arts game 9Dragons. Today we’ll explore another one of the white clans, The League of Beggars.

The clan is an organization of actual beggars, sometimes referred to as “The Endless Clan,” because as a clansman once stated, “You could sit beggars one by one in line across the land and never see the end!” It is by far the easiest clan to join. All you have to do is perform a few simple tasks, beg a bit, and swear an oath. Then you may take faith in their great numbers and be numbered among the faithful!

Through accepting charity, helping those who face hardship, and giving noble purpose to those who find themselves lost or empty… the disciples of The League, although poor and often pitied, display all the noble characteristics of true heroes. They are the clan with the closest relationship to the common people.

Read the feature, here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Chicago, ILPosts: 2,238Member Uncommon

I was a bit skeptical at this game until I saw this feature.

The story behind the beggars and the way it is set up according to the gameplay looks like something I'd enjoy.  I always was in it for the roleplay, and I always pursued "justice," if there is such a thing in an MMO, even when it put me behind in terms of the grind or gains.

I always digged "sacrosanct" professions.  The ones like the old beggar game in UO, and entertainers in SWG.  Something where it was considered to be "bad hoojoo" to kill one or let one die, because they were intergal to the community, and possessed a sort of blessed humility that put others before themselves.

I can't say the concept will work, but I hope it does.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• AkikiAkiki Tulsa, OKPosts: 95Member

Great article . Now I am really not going to join the league (I don't want to get spit on and have to wear the same clothes all the time) It looks like it's wu-tang for me!

• LyfeLyfe CalgaryPosts: 45Member

Is anyone else bored of seeing 9dragons news on the main site? it's like every 2nd article is about this game, and it just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

• AkikiAkiki Tulsa, OKPosts: 95Member

Originally posted by Lyfe

Is anyone else bored of seeing 9dragons news on the main site? it's like every 2nd article is about this game, and it just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Then don't read them .
  • vuubuuvuubuu san ho, CAPosts: 16Member

lol they seriously need to update the main site, nothing ever change there....

if wearing the same clothes all the time and weapon is the only thing that matters then i'll probably choose it, i hate changing armors..

none