Who do you remember and why?

jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252

I spent most of my SWG lives on Ahazi, either as Bradshaw Lightyear or TekBacca / Cruuz Nighthawk in the post NGE error...oops era.  I also spent time on Shadowfire as Bradius until that toon got hosed up somehow, then I just returned to Bradshaw.

A thread earlier was written by somebody lamenting the death of his toon thanks to the NGE.  This got me thinking about making a thread to remember the players who made a difference on all the various servers.  I don't want this to be a popularity contest, I just want the memory of good virtual friends or memorable toons to live on.

I'll start for Ahazi:

Matta, creator of Matta's meds.  It seemed like everybody knew Matta and loved her.  She was significant to me as a person who gave Bradshaw purpose by paying him to locate and provide organic resources for her meds.  She was always concerned to pay me TOP RATE, and that stood out for me.

Leilanna, Master Dancer and Tailor.  She was the first person that truly communicated to me.  I ended up moving into the city she lived in (Hunter's Paradise on Tatooine -- long dead now).  There were many good times had in that city, and the people were very kind.

Chickenlegs, the first person I dueled.  Boy that was a quick duel.  I was not going to do it, but he told me he wanted to test a new weapon so I volunteered.  He was true to his word and did not DB me.  In fact, he tipped me 5000 for my time and back then 5000 was a lot.

Jeanluc, a good friend on Talus.  He was basically an ambassador between the city and guild I helped run and his own city.  I forget the name of it off the top of my head .  He helped organize many a fun base raid between the Rebel guilds of Talus and the Empire guilds of Talus (SHDWS primarily).

Talditri Omok.  One of the few SHDWS members or Imperials I could even stand.  I remember waiting inside Dearic Starport to gank the next overt Imp that came through (I gave them time to move before opening fire).  After waiting 5 minutes, a red dot appeared on radar.  Darn it, it had to be her.  She defensively opened fire on me and my wife and killed us, being far superior.  She had me dying so fast she seemed to feel bad.  She kept yelling "take a muon" and "blue milk", as if to help me.  She was always a good sport, which is more than I can say for some of other members of SHDWS.

I'd be interested to see who others remembered from Ahazi, or other servers.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Comments

  • jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252

    Do you think if I had titled the topic:  "Pink Flying Elephant Lands on Smedley -- Video Inside" that people might actually have opened it? 

    Seems like this kind of thing is either too positive or too painful for this community.

    I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

  • MrArchyMrArchy Colorado Springs, COMember Posts: 643

    Intrepid server, main was Master Swordsman/Master Rifleman (later Master Rifleman/Master CH, just before the terminal nerf)

    Jerik Skyr - great bud and my pike pal, usually ended up in solo groups w/ him most of the time doing rancor lairs or whatever.  He and I used each other as motivation, to see who could out do the other in whatever way.  He beat me to Jedi (/tip hat) and several other goals but I had my share of successes as well.  I'll never forget when he got smart with his Stormtrooper pet and slapped it, and it kicked the sh*t out of him!!  Had no idea that would happen, first time you see that is fraggin' priceless.  He helped make the game fun.  Founded a guild with him and............

    Dakentai Onazol - another great bud, never laughed harder when he ran like hell from those rontos tho (ubiqitous noobcake experience), funniest damn thing I ever saw; laughed so hard I was barely able to help him - coke on screen/keyboard/ceiling thru nose moment.  One of the most sincerely kind-hearted people I've ever met.  Never was online much, being a married grad student with an intership and all, but he was a true bud.  Gave him everything I had when I left.

    Archaelas and Obrea - buds who worked together in RL and in SW life, always up for anything.  Obrea had bad D/C issues, which were actually part of his charm after a while.  Remember first time we all tried hunting on Lok - unbuffed, no food or drink, with Mabari Armorweave armor I had made (it sucked but it was free).  Learned about Salt Mynocks that eve.  Another time I rolled in AH with these two, Dak, and Jerik, all of us overt Imps, and we took out every reb we found, did similar on Lok all the time.  Great fun, miss those days.  /sigh 

    Ginger and Nagus - RL married couple, Ginger was best tailor outside Eisley, Nagus was quiet but very competent and knowledgeable.  Ginger and I did a lot of business together over the time I was in game.

    Levokea - never actually knew him all that well but he was very friendly and always willing to advise (first day vet, I believe).  Best reb I ever met with the possible exception of only.......

    Kallaykam - just started talking to him one time at starport waiting for ship.  Saw him later and started talking again, next thing I knew a friendship developed. Always a very friendly wookie, turned into a good friendship.  Wish I'd gotten to hunt/quest w/ him, just never seemed to happen :(

    Rocky - great armorsmith for duration of my time in game

    Vampyress - great crafter, if she made something I made sure to buy it from her

    Rohrishar - first reb I killed in PvP.  I was so nervous and juiced from adrenaline I didn't /salute or /bow, pls let me do so now

    /salute Rohrishar

    /bow Rohrishar

    SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist
    image

  • auntisocialauntisocial Seattle, WAMember Posts: 120

    Kettemoor Server, Ashe Evori created June 28, 2003 -- Master Dancer/Commando (I liked setting things on fire). 

    I went to visit my brother (who is 17 years my junior) in Phoenix for a few days.  He took me to the store and coerced me into buy SWG.  LOL  I'm a database nerd ... I figure there are so many REAL games in life why worry about fake ones?  Anyway, he talked me into playing SWG.  After 4 hours I finished creating my character (obsess much?) and was brilliant enough to start in Restuss.  Needless to say, Ashe was alone quite a bit at first.

    Scelion - my brother's character.  He took the time to help me learn how to fight, coaxed me out of my house when a Ravenous Torton was outside and it was a great way for usto spend time together.  We spent hours online -- and this was time we normally wouldn't get to spend with each because I lived in Tucson.

    Brad Bradley - not sure of the sp ... could have been Bradly -- was a GREAT tailor and had a WONDERFUL website.  Every once in awhile he would drop by and make an outfit for me. 

    Bel'lok - my son's character.  My son came home from war, discharged from the Navy and joined in the fun.

    Miston, Hikaveu, Iapigg, BarakOodoam, Cora -- are some of the names that come to mind from those early days.  For awhile some of us had a small town on Rori called Haven Plains.  Soon my brother left the game as it was taking up too much of his time and my son became busy with work and school.  So, Ashe was alone again for awhile.

    My multiple personality syndrome got the best of me and I created Laegacy (TKM) and Liliya (who tried a number of things and decided to hang out and dance in the cantina).  While Liliya was dancing we met ...

    Misha - who was grinding his holocron professions and ended up dancing in the cantina, also.  What a flirt!  And he preferred human characters to twi'leks, so ... I had to create a human character to get him to notice me.  It worked, too!  I created Ariel and then I married him ... in game and then in real life.

    Person I miss most from the Kettemoor server:

    Lopido - talk about a JERK!  LOL  He was the best fighter, save Miston, that I knew.  He'd come in and kiss all the dancers in the cantina and do his best to heckle (or kill) customers.  Lopido was the character everyone loved to hate.  Once he asked me to do a favor for him.  I told him to kiss my ass and he tipped me 100k -- he was just like that.  Bel'lok was a weaponsmith and made flamethrowers named, "Lopido Killer" and "Die Lopido Die", filled up his vendor with them and they were gone within hours. 

    I have so many fond memories of my Kettemoor days -- and bittersweet memories, too.  As you can see, SWG had a real impact on my real life.  It gave me the opportunity to spend time with family members in a new and fun way ... a new and unique way to know them.  And, it introduced me to Misha ... who I married after being divorced for 20 years.

    I miss my game, and I'm finally in the process of filming for my last SWG video.  When Julio Torres told me that he didn't care about my accounts to my face -- I believed him. 

    Looking forward to reading other stories.   

    Regards,

    Aunti

    image

  • LeFarseLeFarse BarcelonaMember Posts: 47

    Euro Farstar:

    - Piet: an excellent PvP player.

    - East: well, prolly the best exploiter i ever meet.

    - Korrosivo : excellent shipwrighter and PvP'er.

    - Billy: the ARMORSMITH.

    - Mastodon: the ARCHITECT.

    - Sa-al: these are the droids you are looking for :)

    I miss them all :(

    image

  • AthelaAthela San Antonio, TXMember Posts: 492

    My all time favorite person:  Solamon Doone/Kettemoor     Ranger/Bounty Hunter/Mayor/Armorsmith

    When you're trying to create community, sometimes you get lucky and have one person who works tirelessly to tie everyone and everything together.  They get to know as many people in the guild as they can so they have a good feel for what the group overall needs and wants.  They always have advice or find someone who can help you.  They make the new people feel welcomed and make the existing people feel valuable.  If you're extra lucky they are warm, sweet, funny, downright silly individuals.

    Solamon was the first Ranger I ever met.  He was generous enough to help my doc gather resources for meds.  He spent a whole afternoon one day on Tattooine and a hilarious one on Rori gathering stuff with me.  I was so impressed he could gather so much more than my novice scout.  It seemed incredible, how much he could gather.  One day on Dantooine (while it was still an adventure planet and not buildable) he patiently helped me get some other resource, even though we died numerous times.  He had these amazing traps that he tossed that looked like the 4th of July that really helped kill off the creatures.  He was a Swordsman Ranger so he really balanced the fight well with my TKM/Doc.   I didn't think too much of it at the time I knew him, but I can see in retrospect that he was my inspiration for creating a character that would be a Ranger.  Oddly, I have found Rangers as a group in the time since then to have his essential personality: the wandering about, the generosity, the knowledge of the worlds, and most of all the humor.

    /deepbow  M'Lord Solamon

  • Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthMember UncommonPosts: 4,972
    The first person to help me out in SWG, can't remember his name but he was a Wookie and his profession was Ranger (don't know what else he had trained). I most remember him saying "Ranger is more a way of life than a profession", no I must be getting SWG confused with some other MMO out there right?

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • ShaydeShayde Cape Coral, FLMember Posts: 4,529


    Originally posted by MrArchy

    Intrepid server, main was Master Swordsman/Master Rifleman (later Master Rifleman/Master CH, just before the terminal nerf)
    Jerik Skyr - great bud and my pike pal, usually ended up in solo groups w/ him most of the time doing rancor lairs or whatever.  He and I used each other as motivation, to see who could out do the other in whatever way.  He beat me to Jedi (/tip hat) and several other goals but I had my share of successes as well.  I'll never forget when he got smart with his Stormtrooper pet and slapped it, and it kicked the sh*t out of him!!  Had no idea that would happen, first time you see that is fraggin' priceless.  He helped make the game fun.  Founded a guild with him and............
    Dakentai Onazol - another great bud, never laughed harder when he ran like hell from those rontos tho (ubiqitous noobcake experience), funniest damn thing I ever saw; laughed so hard I was barely able to help him - coke on screen/keyboard/ceiling thru nose moment.  One of the most sincerely kind-hearted people I've ever met.  Never was online much, being a married grad student with an intership and all, but he was a true bud.  Gave him everything I had when I left.
    Archaelas and Obrea - buds who worked together in RL and in SW life, always up for anything.  Obrea had bad D/C issues, which were actually part of his charm after a while.  Remember first time we all tried hunting on Lok - unbuffed, no food or drink, with Mabari Armorweave armor I had made (it sucked but it was free).  Learned about Salt Mynocks that eve.  Another time I rolled in AH with these two, Dak, and Jerik, all of us overt Imps, and we took out every reb we found, did similar on Lok all the time.  Great fun, miss those days.  /sigh 
    Ginger and Nagus - RL married couple, Ginger was best tailor outside Eisley, Nagus was quiet but very competent and knowledgeable.  Ginger and I did a lot of business together over the time I was in game.
    Levokea - never actually knew him all that well but he was very friendly and always willing to advise (first day vet, I believe).  Best reb I ever met with the possible exception of only.......
    Kallaykam - just started talking to him one time at starport waiting for ship.  Saw him later and started talking again, next thing I knew a friendship developed. Always a very friendly wookie, turned into a good friendship.  Wish I'd gotten to hunt/quest w/ him, just never seemed to happen :(
    Rocky - great armorsmith for duration of my time in game
    Vampyress - great crafter, if she made something I made sure to buy it from her
    Rohrishar - first reb I killed in PvP.  I was so nervous and juiced from adrenaline I didn't /salute or /bow, pls let me do so now
    /salute Rohrishar
    /bow Rohrishar

    It just shows the depth of the community, when a fellow Intrepidan posts a list like this, and I only met one of them.

    I could list, but let's just say everyone involved with Groovefests, Intrepid Jam Bonanzas, or any other player event. The organizers, the crafters, the attendees.

    And everyone who was a client for Shayde's Entertainment Agency. Every last one of you rocked.

    Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.
    image

    imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

  • ColaCola New York, LAMember Posts: 402


    Originally posted by jrscott

    I spent most of my SWG lives on Ahazi, either as Bradshaw Lightyear or TekBacca / Cruuz Nighthawk in the post NGE error...oops era.  I also spent time on Shadowfire as Bradius until that toon got hosed up somehow, then I just returned to Bradshaw.
    A thread earlier was written by somebody lamenting the death of his toon thanks to the NGE.  This got me thinking about making a thread to remember the players who made a difference on all the various servers.  I don't want this to be a popularity contest, I just want the memory of good virtual friends or memorable toons to live on.
    I'll start for Ahazi:
    Matta, creator of Matta's meds.  It seemed like everybody knew Matta and loved her.  She was significant to me as a person who gave Bradshaw purpose by paying him to locate and provide organic resources for her meds.  She was always concerned to pay me TOP RATE, and that stood out for me.
    Leilanna, Master Dancer and Tailor.  She was the first person that truly communicated to me.  I ended up moving into the city she lived in (Hunter's Paradise on Tatooine -- long dead now).  There were many good times had in that city, and the people were very kind.
    Chickenlegs, the first person I dueled.  Boy that was a quick duel.  I was not going to do it, but he told me he wanted to test a new weapon so I volunteered.  He was true to his word and did not DB me.  In fact, he tipped me 5000 for my time and back then 5000 was a lot.
    Jeanluc, a good friend on Talus.  He was basically an ambassador between the city and guild I helped run and his own city.  I forget the name of it off the top of my head .  He helped organize many a fun base raid between the Rebel guilds of Talus and the Empire guilds of Talus (SHDWS primarily).
    Talditri Omok.  One of the few SHDWS members or Imperials I could even stand.  I remember waiting inside Dearic Starport to gank the next overt Imp that came through (I gave them time to move before opening fire).  After waiting 5 minutes, a red dot appeared on radar.  Darn it, it had to be her.  She defensively opened fire on me and my wife and killed us, being far superior.  She had me dying so fast she seemed to feel bad.  She kept yelling "take a muon" and "blue milk", as if to help me.  She was always a good sport, which is more than I can say for some of other members of SHDWS.
    I'd be interested to see who others remembered from Ahazi, or other servers.

    There was so many GOOD ppl from AHAZI.  Reb or Imp, it did not matter. Soooo many good ppl around the board..

    Let me think of a few....

    Sedro

    Zahh

    Stacky

    Zydra

    Shio

    Tchewi

    Existence

    Leutz

    Theres soo many Ill stop there but I could go on for several pages.

    I also bought meds from Matta and remember having a few battles with chickenlegs down by the IOP on dant. We took out a few bases down that way.

  • BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Lajola, CAMember Posts: 1,214

    Who I remember most was Patoria Synx, it was interesting, as it turned out she ended up being my broker and neither one of us knew we played. Thank you fro your time.

    Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

  • jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252


    Originally posted by BlazinBlades

    Who I remember most was Patoria Synx, it was interesting, as it turned out she ended up being my broker and neither one of us knew we played. Thank you fro your time.

    I always kind of wished I would run into somebody I knew from SWG in real life.  That would be cool. 

    I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

  • jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252


    Originally posted by auntisocial

    Kettemoor Server, Ashe Evori created June 28, 2003 -- Master Dancer/Commando (I liked setting things on fire). 
    After 4 hours I finished creating my character (obsess much?) and was brilliant enough to start in Restuss.  Needless to say, Ashe was alone quite a bit at first.

    I actually obsessed when helping create my RL wife's characters.  And I spent a lot of time messing with her hair and clothing when I got tired of shooting things or building weapons and ships.  Even us "macho men" have a female side I guess.  I could not believe the number of drooling 20 somethings I had to fight off when I would play her toon. 


    Misha
    - who was grinding his holocron professions and ended up dancing in the cantina, also.  What a flirt!  And he preferred human characters to twi'leks, so ... I had to create a human character to get him to notice me.  It worked, too!  I created Ariel and then I married him ... in game and then in real life.

    This is totally awesome.  I actually had the opposite happen to me.  Bradshaw was a real ladies' man and my RL wife got REAL jealous.  I guess moving into that house with that one female was not the wisest of moves.  It was at that time the wife started playing to keep me in line.  I guess I don't blame her as I was probably having a little too much fun.  I actually had to leave Ahazi over that for 6 months to prove to her it was all in fun and the girls in my guild were not a real threat to her.

    I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

  • hipiaphipiap Chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 393

    Wish I had known you on intrepid.  Jerik is a great guy.

    Got a few more from the Intrepid server:

    MajerLeigh, Moya', Tiberius-, Banzia, Izz, Talfalas, Brakor, Storm-Shadow, Neeill, Katiana, Alamar, keisuki,  ham-jo

    yury, robert-e lee, tajiri, boost, allehe, dunkan, naila, darkreign, lyn-me, nurider, tantalid, jade, chen-, allantine, mapai, geevo (he is still there), kepia, qitu, -jt- (before ebay), chaxu (before ebay), draigus, xxoro, shazbat, Chastity , HT-Erich.

    Those are the ones I can think of off hand....

    Oh yeah....Hipiap Flyingdust.....ME

    MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G
    image

  • jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252


    Originally posted by Cola

    Stacky

    I know I mentioned this in another thread recently, but yeah..Stacky was a righteous wookiee.  I had been soloing an Ancient Krayt for a good hour when Stacky came along and helped me finished it off quickly.  I had been switching between my T21 and VK.  T21 to deal damage, and then VK to tank while I healed.  I was not making great progress but really wanted the kill.

    Since I was tanking and he was dealing most of the damage, he got loot rights and promptly asked me to trade and gave me the loot.  Good guy.

    /salute Stacky

    I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

  • SpathotanSpathotan chesapeake, VAMember Posts: 3,928


    Originally posted by jrscott

    Originally posted by BlazinBlades

    Who I remember most was Patoria Synx, it was interesting, as it turned out she ended up being my broker and neither one of us knew we played. Thank you fro your time.

    I always kind of wished I would run into somebody I knew from SWG in real life.  That would be cool. 


    I met my girlfriend/wife in SWG. We met and are together now.

    "There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

  • jrscottjrscott Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1,252


    Originally posted by Spathotan

    Originally posted by jrscott

    Originally posted by BlazinBlades

    Who I remember most was Patoria Synx, it was interesting, as it turned out she ended up being my broker and neither one of us knew we played. Thank you fro your time.

    I always kind of wished I would run into somebody I knew from SWG in real life.  That would be cool. 


    I met my girlfriend/wife in SWG. We met and are together now.


    Sweet deal. 

    I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

  • ArchaelasArchaelas Member CommonPosts: 1
    MrArchy said:

    Intrepid server, main was Master Swordsman/Master Rifleman (later Master Rifleman/Master CH, just before the terminal nerf)

    Jerik Skyr...

    Dakentai Onazol...

    Archaelas and Obrea - buds who worked together in RL and in SW life, always up for anything.  Obrea had bad D/C issues, which were actually part of his charm after a while.  Remember first time we all tried hunting on Lok - unbuffed, no food or drink, with Mabari Armorweave armor I had made (it sucked but it was free).  Learned about Salt Mynocks that eve.  Another time I rolled in AH with these two, Dak, and Jerik, all of us overt Imps, and we took out every reb we found, did similar on Lok all the time.  Great fun, miss those days.  /sigh 

    Oh my gosh, HI!  Not sure just how necro this thread is but I saw my name during a search so, sorry!

    I still talk to Obrea from time to time though we don't work together anymore.  He moved out of state, got married, etc.  

    I miss those days and still tell the story of trying to do the Corvette...  My wife (equadicle in game) still laughs about me and Jerik trying to make it to the end of the Corvette repeatedly being incapped.  

    I tried to reclaim the old housing location just outside Eisley on Basilisk (SWGEmu) but it's already been taken over :(  Were you Stilsha?  I remember running around with Jerik, Dak, Obrea, and Stilsha ganking Rebels.

    Also, I thought Jerik gave the Stormtrooper a noogie and that was what prompted the beating...
  • HowzrHowzr Member UncommonPosts: 43
    edited January 2016
    Elfarf, the bothan bounty hunter on Bria. He saw me struggling as a novice BH with no armor, no buffs, and a cheap carbine. Taught me how to find a decent set of composite armor, doc/ent buffs, and how use a light lightning canon. What a revelation. I went from a being completely abysmal to completely self-sufficient hunting animal resources on contract.
    Post edited by Howzr on
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Vancouver, BCMember UncommonPosts: 2,154
    My most memorable times with SWG was back in late 2003-early 2004 towards summer attacking rebel bases and occasionally spotting a rare Jedi that we'd drop everything and give it 110% to go kill him, while he runs around and 1-hits turrets and players that gets close to him, Jedi was like seeing your biggest idol in person back then- they were so special... and then publish 9 came along Sept 2004 and ruined the face of SWG as we knew it but most of us adapted and resorted to hunting Jedi everytime we logged on.

    But my favorite part of the game was logging on and going to do whatever I wanted and explore the universe without having to be tied to some quests like most MMO games these days.

    @Howzr, I was among the first of few full BH's on my main server back in mid 2003, it was a PITA without armor and buffs but it was doable, occasionally dying over and over especially when getting missions on Yavin IV, I was also managed to craft a 1K+ damage Krayt enhanced DE-10 although I didn't really use it that often (and even slapped an anti-decay kit on it).

    image
    image

  • KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,583
    I started out on Intrepid.   But when I found out that members of my Planetside guild (RenEvo) had set up on Tarquinas, I rolled a new toon there.  And another Konfess was born.

    I want to give a shout out to Tom Anderson, Pink, Treb, Eiram, Carcajou, Magicc, Arcane, Stonerook, Toucan, and Ninja(sp?).  And all others I just can't remember.

    There was also a retired FireFighter that I played with, but unfortunately I can't remember his toon's name.  I deeply regret not making the time for such a dear friend.

    Bowieb was a paraplegic I leveled Konfess to Master Carbineer \ Master Creature Handler with.  We hunted Fambaa on Naboo together.   Another player I regret losing contact with.

    Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.

Sign In or Register to comment.