Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Dev Journal: Summer!

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

The monthly developer log from Pirates of the Burning Sea runs today. This month, their Producer gives a behind the scenes peek at the life of the team and what they're up to this summer.

image June is apparently party month here at Flying Lab, because we’re having two of them in two weeks. Last Friday we rented out the Pacific Science Center, down in the shadow of the Space Needle, so our staff and friends could get exclusive use of the Game On! exhibit. This is a traveling exhibit about the history of videogames, and the best part about it is they have dozens of playable games on hand, most on the original hardware. They’ve got original arcade machines, vintage consoles, and lots more. We played all kinds of stuff -- Space Invaders, Pitfall, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy text adventure, Bubble Bobble, Rez, Monkey Island, and tons more. My favorite was the original Star Wars vector graphics arcade game, which the exhibit includes in its sit-down cockpit version. But the most popular was the six-player Sega Saturn version of Super Bomberman. Vintage systems available for play included the Vectrex, the TurboGrafx 16, and every Nintendo, Sega, and Sony machine from years gone by. We played tons of games, ate a lot, and drank heavily. My wife completely kicked my ass in Centipede – and by “kicked my ass” I mean, I scored about 8,000 and she scored more than 38,000. Damnit!

You can read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Oooh...I can't wait!

Yarr!!

• SolanarSolanar Member UncommonPosts: 188
    omg

why do I live so far away from those shows/expos...

Curse you planes!

...must play PotBS...

Yarrr!

?played: Nearly everything.
    ?waiting: *Darkfall*, Hero''s Journey

• FireBird74FireBird74 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Solanar
    omg

why do I live so far away from those shows/expos...

Curse you planes!

...must play PotBS...

Yarrr!

Hehe everytime i read those Devlogs and they post about "Come over and see for your self..." I feel exact the same way.

But from germany to penny arcade it's not just arround the corner.   Can't wait to get my hands on this game.