Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this not Being Used/

ursacorursacor Member UncommonPosts: 102

ok so here it is I know folks have been requesting a CoV forum so MMORPG created one (two thumbs up for them).

But since it has been created there have been a total of 3 yes count them on one hand ( the third is mine) 3 thread topics generated. Well my question is why?

Didnt the people that kept on asking MMORPG to create a forum for CoV suddenly deside that they didnt need it.

Is no one playing CoV or has just CoV specific questions or just desided that it's easyer to only use one forum the CoH forum for both games after the fact that the CoX cummunity has been asking MMORPG for a CoV forum for some time.

I'm just woundering why

Flame on Ghost Rider Flame on

Target Aquired

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Reason is simple.

Even if a different MMO than CoH, it is close enough to CoH and peoples just keep using the main forum.

I rather see a Forum dedicated to BioWare honestly!  :)

The peoples who manage to get this forum are prolly the same vocal minority that the devs listen to in game, those who contribute to ruin the game to the majority of players by having bad design ideas been considered by the devs.  HOs, IoPs, Accolades, ED...what a long list of wasted efforts and completely ruining a game, and guess what, this vocal minority was asking for that and...the vast ovverwhelming majority dislike these changes!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• tutetute Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Couldn't agree more Anofalye and from that comment I would like to add some ranting that I thought I was done with:

I will be waiting on the sidelines from now on, the devs AND Cust Service finally having pushed my fun completely out the door, watching for new releases.  Also, I will never sign up as soon as an Issue is released anymore since there are usually many bugs to work out and Cust Service will not compensate any issues(such as not rewarding a TF badge due to overpowered AV even though you spent 6 hours successfully completing everything else up to that point) even when the game is not 'working as intended'(their favorite defense/response).

Now I am enjoying a larger community and zero disconnects playing WoW.  I can't believe how much I fell for the responses of "it might be my computer, please send a DXDiag file", "try updating your drivers for your vid card/sound card/network card/windows/etc" or "maybe its your ISP".  During the last week, I walked away from my computer for at least 30 mins each time and came back to see I was still connected.  No lag, no mapservers, great framerates, active broadcasts.  I can't believe how much BS NCSoft Cust Service was feeding me.  Yes, i realize they are different games/game engines so that will account for some of it but the difference is so immense in my eyes, I'm glad I am not paying for the sub-par experience(on the technical side that is) anymore.

Ranting aside, I still do look forward to I8 and the expansion but I won't be wearing blinders anymore and scramble for my credit card on the first day.

As for the actual question asked in this thread(hehe), there did seem to be at one time a need for a CoV only forum but no longer as Ano is correct in saying everything is easily covered in just one forum(CoH) now.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Bioware forum would be pointless. they don't even have a name yet for their mmorpg.

• vendrisvendris Member Posts: 246

It's probably not being used because City of Villains has excellent official forums already. EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong, COH forum is hopping here.  It's not being used because there should just be one CoX forum. :)

• WeijyanWeijyan Member Posts: 48

I never understood why some places have split boards dedicated to CoH and CoV.  They are, for all intents and purposes, basically the same game.  The general information for one will be more or less the same for the other.  Specifics will vary somewhat, but even then, not completely.  There are many powers that over-lap.

Hell, look at the official boards.  No matter which side you go in through, you reach the same forums.  If it is good enough for the official forums, then why do 3rd party forums insist on splitting them?  It makes no sense and splits the attention of the players.  I have actually petitioned some sites I post at to have them merged into one.

Why?  Because this always happens.  One is busy while the other is almost ignored.  New players coming in may not know that they can post on either board and still find the information.  Meanwhile, the regulars of CoH do not bother to visit the CoV board much, and the CoV board develops its own set of regulars who sometimes do not realize that the CoH board even exists.

http://wuyausu.com
    Who stopped payment on my reality check?

• BafucinBafucin Member Posts: 276
    I think most CoH/CoV players play this great game. And I see alot post on the official forum. ^^
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    um, because despite what people try to pretend, coh/cov are one game.

argue what you want, point all the fingers you want, doesn't matter.  the fact that everyone uses just the coh forum is proof enough that actual people (not hypothetical whatevers) view them as a SINGLE game.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?