Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...

Did anyone actually preorder this yet?

Comments

• EltaElta Member Posts: 297
    I am going to I'll let you know how it turns out.

• If you preorder now do you get acess to the alpha right away? I really want to try this game but it seems like it wont be out until late 2008.
  • AbandonedAbandoned Member Posts: 10

I've already pre-ordered, but being on the dev team, it wasn't really necessary for me. Right now though, there isn't much in the alpha client, because it was mostly used just for initial tests.

We are, however, starting Beta Phase 0 very soon, within the next few months and will be continuing to add content to that new client.

Personally, I'd pre-order sometime soon before it closes, but there really is no rush. But, you'll be helping us all out and the game by pre-ordering, since we're paying to develop this game with money from our own pockets.

• Link293Link293 Member Posts: 1
    I've Pre-ordered.  As one of the modelers for this game, based on what I've seen from our Programmers and other Modelling artists, I can honestly say, This game will drop jaws.

• Will it drop my pants?
  • SykoiSykoi Member Posts: 3

Only if you're cool

• BunrakukenBunrakuken Member Posts: 17

Ive preordered. But all you can do right now in alpha is walk around as the camera. [Alpha version was just to test out graphics engine] But I heard that Beta starts sometime before the end of the year. (plz let that be true )

• glanitosglanitos Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Bunrakuken
    But I heard that Beta starts sometime before the end of the year. (plz let that be true )

it should start around the end of summer (september 21st?)
    sykoi can fix it if i'm wrong, game should be HARDCORE though....
  • sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606
    game seems kewl gonna have to watch this one for a while

• The website doesnt seem to work anymore. Maybe they are getting ready for a beta phase of this game's life?
  • FuneedudeFuneedude Member Posts: 38
    I am very much into the ancient ways of the Bushi and ancient Japan. Will there be Samurai and Ninja? I have been searching so long for an mmorpg that captures Samurai and ninja in a realistic society. Not just a chinese mmorpg where you kill monsters and save up for better weapons n such.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTU3NDc3"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTU3NDc3"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• There will bee no classes you choose how you build your character. It's not a matter of, "I'm a level 56 ninja.' "OH yeah, well I'm a level 73 Samurai I will own your face."

• obake87obake87 Member Posts: 37

I'm so sick of playing mmorpg that only let you kill rats at lvl 1 .And then when you hit lvl 63 BIGGER RATZ....Now if you know me from real life you would not think im a gamer i play spots and go out and even have a girlfriend .i'm not one of  them people who have wet dreams about elf women..i been waiting for along time to play a game whats more of real life but not...i'm suck of Wow,EQ,SWG its the samething at the end of the day. RPG means roleplaying then why is it when you hit 75 you have nothing to do just sit around and wait to get better armor and talk about  killing that big rat..i want to roleplay..i really hope this game ,gives other MMOrpg a wake up call...not everyone like's elfs and just killing to get to the next lvl. plus i hear this game is going to be Pvp... good for me not for you ..If you want this game to get big, you should try to post this game to your friends,if you have any friends

P.s i spell funny

• clint3164clint3164 Member UncommonPosts: 58

Ive been active with the website for about a year and I pre-ordered. Great crew and truly an innovative game. If you want a change from all of the cookie cutter games out there, this will be it. Stop by the forums and get to know some of the people.

Takeru/Delerium

• KisoKiso Member Posts: 6

I just found out about this game today!

I have been searching for an MMO based on fuedal japan, I am very excited about the prospects but also apprehensive. Alot of the ideas sound great and exactly what I am looking for.

I am considering the pre-order but would like to see more info on the website before I do. The pre-order prices are reasonable but I worry after seeing what happened with other games such as Dark and Light.

I am going to keep a close eye on it that is for sure.

• I pre-ordered the day after I heard about it. This is exactly what I was looking for.
  • LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

Once in a while I go threw the game list.  This looks interesting.  Tried to  create an account was unable to.  Anyone else having problems trying to this.  Are there any other forums on this game?  Would like to find out more about it .

• SykoiSykoi Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by LadyReno

Once in a while I go threw the game list.  This looks interesting.  Tried to  create an account was unable to.  Anyone else having problems trying to this.  Are there any other forums on this game?  Would like to find out more about it .

What exactly seems to be the problem? If you're having a problem registering, I'd like to help out.

• LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

Thanks for the reply was able to find the new site and finally able to register.  This game looks really interesting I always spend more time at the crafting tables than adventuring, so anything with an interesting crafting system catches my interest.  Had the simple crafting systems of wow and eq2.

Ladyreno

• GheariGheari Member Posts: 2
    I know this thread hasn't had a post in about a month but i had to say something. I believe this game will, if it makes it aloft and stays there will be the first mmo where you are whatever you want to be. I've said it before but on this one i believe it this will be the great mmo of the 2000 etcs. If you want to learn more about it go to landatwar.com, you can get some information right on the homepage or click read more (you have to scroll down on the little box) to get a real feel for what the team is trying to make click on Tatsumaki next to category. By the way I'm sorry if I brought back a dead thread.
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Hmm, this could be something very new and innovative.

Seems to be made by volunteer devs, so hopefully they know what people really want, and from the looks of this thread they actually are interested in our points of view. Finally a game for the people?! Revolutionary!!!

I am going to college right now and have been studying Japanese language and culture for over 2 years, next year I will be going to Japan. So as you can see, I have interests in almost anything Japanese, and this includes feudal Japan.

I look forward to this!
  • LodeclawLodeclaw Member Posts: 148
    I was previously a member of the Tatsumaki community, but I saw little to no progress. The ideas and values behind this game are wonderful; but, unfortunately, I don't have much faith that it will ever be completed to any playable extent. A lot of well-wishing isn't going to make a revolutionary game like this happen. It's been a number of years and all that seems to have really come from it all is a role playing forum and a couple home-made physics engines.

I hope that I'm wrong and the volunteers working on this project succeed with flying colors, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

===========
    The Guild is all about making MMORPGs more immersive, and more importantly, more fun! Join us!
    The Guild.

• ahhchuuahhchuu Member Posts: 5
    Although I dont want to agree with you, there is little headway. This is very unfortunate. I have been hoping that the slow progress is due to the lack of staff, there are like under 10 people involved, and how much content is involved. I really hope they pull this together. I have done some inanimate modelling and offered to do some volunteer work but I got no response. Looks like things are kind of dead. Hope everything works.
  • nirobunirobu Member Posts: 6
    ever heard of the expression: "if something is too good to be true, then it probably is." this game is exactly what i have been looking for, but im not betting on it being released anytime soon, if released at all because things seem to be dead in their site. seems like no mmo is worth playing anymore
  • glanitosglanitos Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Lodeclaw
    I was previously a member of the Tatsumaki community, but I saw little to no progress.
    From what i know 2 years ago they had a different lead programmer, who to simply put it was an armature. (granted still a good programmer, I believe he's doing the shader 1.0 version of the engine just as he was doing before.) Roughly 2 years ago they got a new programmer who works in the industry. He canned all the previous code and started from scratch. (which means a change of model formats, and a slowing of news (about a year ago which caused many people to lose faith in the project) To this date, there has been a crap load of progress, however it's mostly kept to those who pre-order. (They need a reason to get people to pre-order) Anyhoo a few times in the last month sykoi has mentioned "BIG NEWS" and by big he means big...

Lets just say there have been many indie/volunteer games that have been finished. Roma Victor comes right to mind, and I can sit here and name a few others, but alas I'm going to bed ^^