Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It can only get Better?

jarger22jarger22 Member Posts: 43
It can only get better, i mean seriously do people actually buy that shit. This statment angers me so much, to buy a product and then state im happy because it will only get better.

Im not a avid hater of this game, i see the facts, i see dissappointed people and guildies who havnt logged in yet expecting this game to be great and they will be dissappointed. But for blind idiots to say that it is great and that it can only get better, how can they think this is a compliment.

"Oh i bought a new car it doesnt run but im happy i spent $40k on it but now i need to take it to the shop and get it working, it can only get better!"

or perhaps

" My partner beats me and cheats on me, im happy and it can only get better"

Sorry for the rant but this idea of it can only get better really angers me, people are settling for this crap, and are happy that it can only get better.

They all need to "Wake up and smell the shit there shovelling"

Comments

• NabatamNabatam Member Posts: 43
    I know... I find it mind boggling too.

• JixxalaJixxala Member Posts: 29
    LOL Jarger, now in some ways you are being a little harsh ... For instance if your spouse beats you it could get worse he/she could kill you.  If your new car does not run it could get worse, it could completely fall apart.  DnL on the other hand ... can only get better.  :)

Jixxala
    Pegasus Foundation
    -Leadership team
    -Chapter leader

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    I don't think it will get much better though. You need more subscriptions than they'll ever get to keep on making the game better. I'll be surprised if they have enough subscriptions to pay for the lights. Too many bad things have happened with these guys, A lot of people who wanted and waited for the game, have no desire to play it anymore. Top it all off with the fiasco continues even after they've started letting people in to play the game. People that should be able to, can't play. People that shouldn't, can. They haven't fixed much from SOG from what I've read. It looks like the game still has a lot of crashes and errors. It shouldn't have even been released until it was finished.

We as gamers need to start sending a message to these companies. Putting out a game that is only 70% to where it should be at release is bad. If I order and pay for a value meal at McDonalds, I expect A burger, A drink and fries. If I buy a car I want the engine, wheels, doors, windows. If someone charges me for a game 3-6 months ahead of time, I want what was sold to me. Instead they waited to sell pre-order boxes, all the way up to two weeks before release and said "By the way, I'm giving you your car in two weeks. Mind we haven't put the wheels or windows in. But you just be a good little boy and wait for us to make them and we'll get them to you. The whole "MMO's are never complete" is a cop out for lazy or clueless devs. They may be ever evolving, but stop using it as an excuse to just not wanting to do something.

Seriously, it's taken them how many years to get the game to "70%?" Divide that time in half and you know when your game will be what you paid for. So either these devs are complete morons that have no clue on how to make a game. Or they baited people all along with all of these promises, with no intentions of ever living up to them. Either way, the outlook isn't so sweet from my point of view.
  • pengermanpengerman Member Posts: 17
    They released a game with absolutely no content. This does not bode well for this thing.
  • pae_1337pae_1337 Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Jixxala
    DnL on the other hand ... can only get better.  :)

True, it's really on the absolute bottom!
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Originally posted by jarger22
    It can only get better, i mean seriously do people actually buy that shit. This statment angers me so much, to buy a product and then state im happy because it will only get better.

Im not a avid hater of this game, i see the facts, i see dissappointed people and guildies who havnt logged in yet expecting this game to be great and they will be dissappointed. But for blind idiots to say that it is great and that it can only get better, how can they think this is a compliment.

"Oh i bought a new car it doesnt run but im happy i spent $40k on it but now i need to take it to the shop and get it working, it can only get better!"

or perhaps

" My partner beats me and cheats on me, im happy and it can only get better"

Sorry for the rant but this idea of it can only get better really angers me, people are settling for this crap, and are happy that it can only get better.

They all need to "Wake up and smell the shit there shovelling"

I like your examples...they made me laugh.
  • tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020
    Got to give them credit for not lying though. It can only get better because the only way it could get any worse is if they smacked the server with a crowbar.
  • CymekCymek Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by jarger22
    It can only get better, i mean seriously do people actually buy that shit.

Thats what I said about SWG...and just look what happened with that.

And that was a game with the biggest IP, backed by a company with tons of capital.

Just goes to show, no name or amount of money can make up for piss poor management.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Originally posted by tetsul
    ... if they smacked the server with a crowbar.

Actually, I hear that is how the DnL server support folks reboot the server.
  • Reneh84Reneh84 Member Posts: 6
    there is so little content right now because the game just came out, this game is meant to have massive kingdom versus kingdom battles,  wars of attrition and roving groups of Bandits, with their own camps, waiting to be hunted down.

fact is that so much of this content is going to be provided by the players themselves,  some people may call that lazy,  but i'm excited at the simple chance to be able to do this,  in such a beautiful  world, and let me make a home in a city with my freinds, instead of running around fetching artifacts and kill 25 snazzwinger snakes for some hermit....

the GM's will even allow guilds to craft their own quests.

so simply put yes it will get better, when guilds and kingdoms get themselves established,  and it will be that much better because then WE will be the factor on how good this game will be

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Originally posted by Reneh84

so simply put yes it will get better, when guilds and kingdoms get themselves established,  and it will be that much better because then WE will be the factor on how good this game will be

I would agree with you 100%, Rene.  But ONLY if the following 3 things didn't suck:

- The UI is the same as SoG; Clunky, uninspired, and non-customizable.

- Character control is cude at best, and also non-customizable.

- Combat is boring and clunky.  Feedback from power use is confusing or completely lacking.

And this is the short list. 

Bottom line, it's just not fun playing DnL, despite all the "potential" in the universe, the game interface sucks.

• psynopticMpsynopticM Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Jixxala
    LOL Jarger, now in some ways you are being a little harsh ... For instance if your spouse beats you it could get worse he/she could kill you.  If your new car does not run it could get worse, it could completely fall apart.  DnL on the other hand ... can only get better.  :)

ROFLMAO ... priceless ... you made my day :)

• Originally posted by Reneh84

one problem there with your gawd awful propaganda hype -- You need players. Without players this game is dead. Theres no players cuz the game as it stands is a load of crap. You all have already tried the SOG is NOT DNL route, you have already tried the WAIT AND SEE route,its at the DNL ISNT DNL stage and you are heading to shove IT WILL BE BETTER. uh huh and by that time.........this game will be dust and ashes. Too many games already in the middle of Beta in 100x better shape than this game and with the same concepts (diff here is the devs know what the hell they are doing and dont act like they are 15 yr olds in thier parent garage) .

Already almost half of the 20 ppl I know ingame arent going back just because of the last two days. One I know has already requested the refund and 4 have already wiped it from their computers. Without players, you got a clunky funky pretty background plastic rubber people multilanguage glorified chat room with a few folks who cant seem to slice a little reality into their heads.

Hype your prayer...not a whole lotta ppl are listening anymore.

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by LilBoPeep

one problem there with your gawd awful propaganda hype -- You need players. Without players this game is dead. Theres no players cuz the game as it stands is a load of crap. You all have already tried the SOG is NOT DNL route, you have already tried the WAIT AND SEE route,its at the DNL ISNT DNL stage and you are heading to shove IT WILL BE BETTER. uh huh and by that time.........this game will be dust and ashes. Too many games already in the middle of Beta in 100x better shape than this game and with the same concepts (diff here is the devs know what the hell they are doing and dont act like they are 15 yr olds in thier parent garage) .

Already almost half of the 20 ppl I know ingame arent going back just because of the last two days. One I know has already requested the refund and 4 have already wiped it from their computers. Without players, you got a clunky funky pretty background plastic rubber people multilanguage glorified chat room with a few folks who cant seem to slice a little reality into their heads.

Hype your prayer...not a whole lotta ppl are listening anymore.

You forgot the most important part of what is going to happen in the future!

With less players in-game there will be BETTER FPS

Because as we speak, with ONLY a few hundred players online it has horrible FPS.
    This is why it "can ONLY get better"

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529
    oh yeah it'll have the BEST stability of all MMOs during launch too
  • jarger22jarger22 Member Posts: 43

Maybe i was a little harsh on the comments on it can only get better maybe not

But the wishy washy attitude these guys have over there just really pissed me off, as i see it "It Has to get better" not it can only get better, who wants to play and pay for a beta test..not me.

If it doesnt improve and quick, the player base will pass through quicker than a vindaloo after a heaving night drinking.

All i hope is that people see it for what it is, not what it should be, if they do do something to improve the game hell ill give them wraps, but if not im not going to sit there and spout some crap about it being the best game ever because it was made by a small company etc etc, no excuses no sugar coating just the good damm truth.

/rant off again

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    OK, I am going to give D&L credit for whats it due.

It took D&L for me to actually start posting alot better in online forums in a college degree level.
    It actually helped me in my writing & typing skills.
    It also helped me learn how to research ANYTHING.

Without D&L, I wouldn't be as successful in life as I am now.

Thank you Farlan!
    Thank You NP3!
    Thank you D&L!

Many of my skills wouldn't have improved if it asn't for you!
    You have made me a BETTER man!

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I think I will go slam my testicles in my car door. I bet when they quit hurting they will feel a lot better.

I miss DAoC

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Originally posted by Jackdog
    I think I will go slam my testicles in my car door. I bet when they quit hurting they will feel a lot better.

OMFG!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You made my night BWAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by Jackdog

ROFFLFLL HAHAAHAH

Originally posted by indiramourn

I would agree with you 100%, Rene.  But ONLY if the following 3 things didn't suck:
    - The UI is the same as SoG; Clunky, uninspired, and non-customizable.
    - Character control is cude at best, and also non-customizable.
    - Combat is boring and clunky.  Feedback from power use is confusing or completely lacking.
    And this is the short list. 
    Bottom line, it's just not fun playing DnL, despite all the "potential" in the universe, the game interface sucks.

actually some people are already releasing basic mods,  as far as an easier to see chat bubble
    Dark and Light Chat Bubble Mod

nothing much, but it's a start,  try compating the Launch of WoW to the UI's available now, not even close

Originally posted by Lilbopeep

one problem there with your gawd awful propaganda hype -- You need players. Without players this game is dead.

i think that's so blindingly obvious i'm not even sure why you chose that as a point.
    any game will fail without a player base.

my "propoganda" is that no MMO game has been released balanced, stable, or for that matter very much fun

i've played the opening days of SWG,  CoH, WoW as well as several of the free mmo's  and none of them have gotten it right out of the box, crazy amounts of lag,  crashes and bugs

*hides in protective blanket of fear*
    and besides i can't hear you *lalalala*

my "propoganda" is that no MMO game has been released balanced, stable, or for that matter very much fun

i've played the opening days of SWG,  CoH, WoW as well as several of the free mmo's  and none of them have gotten it right out of the box, crazy amounts of lag,  crashes and bugs

~raises the bullshit flag~

I can't think of a single problem with CoH's release. As far as the rest of them even the worst of the lot SWG was minor compared to this train wreck. Considering SWG was about 100 times more complex as a game and had about 350,000 people hammering it servers where this game will have maybe 1000 or 1500 makes it  even worse.

A good comparison is DnL = Irth Online perhaps but don't even try and equate this pile of crap with any decent game. DnL is stritly amateur night.

Edit just went over to the offcial forums. Seems as if the game opened up for the griffon and other pre orders. the original poster was right it has gotten better.

~calls out for three extra large pizzas and two cases of beer to be delivered~

You think the official forums were a riot yesterday? Today makes yesterday's complaints seem mild.

I miss DAoC

Considering CoH's most complex feature was it's character creation,  and there was no PvP,  it's pretty easy to say it's balanced, because there was hardly any content, except for running the same missions against different mobs  but it was hardly bug free.

and you're right, SWG was more complex , after all you can make cities....oh wait, you can in DNL, you have mount.....oh wait it took MONTHS for SWG to have that, the character devellopment is......completely revamped, and let us not forget about Composite Armor,  because it's so hard not to make an overpowered armor.
    and you know SWG had to work sooo hard on their IP,  since it hasnt been worked out for them over 6 movies.
    (p.s. over 25 servers that's about 14000 people per server being "hammered" versus the one world for DNL)

So DNL is having an awful start, but it's also an ambitious game, but you're right,  having everyone in one world isnt complex at all,  i mean any Johnny Sixpack can make an MMO right?

/end sarcasm

Awful would be a compliment.

No there are not a lot of Johnny Sixpacks that can make a MMO. However most have enough sense not to try, and if they do try and see it is beyond their talents and capabilities they graciously fold in most cases. They do not push a giant turd out the door, and say "here you go, have fun".

What's really bad is going by the new article on the front page of this site is that they seem to think this is a good product, and this was a smooth launch. Go figure

I miss DAoC

• This line of crap is the most desperate of ppl trying to convince other ppl that a pile of poo is actually some brownish blackish mixture of the gods ambrosia that was gifted down from atop the Mount and given to all the unworthy who have not been saved. ITs a pile of crap. period.

oh and Rene -- D&DO smooth as silk. RFO stable and with all features (their box reminds me of DNLs claims- isnt half of what was it REALLY was). Auto Assault - smooth as silk = those are just the most recent releases. Why do you insist on comparing it to the biggest share of subscriptions in the market. Simply because it does command the biggest share? Nice BIG dreams. By the logic of the systems employed by DNL, this game is horribly horribly designed.