Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252
    Seriously, go back to school and learn as much as you can.  And stay away from mind altering drugs.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

dude no offense but whn you petition a "boyott" is it always a trade rule to be concise, detailed about why you are petitioning the boycott, and above all else it pays to be coherent, and spell properly. IT is obvious you have done none of these things. SO therefore you are not being taken seriously.

Secondly, and most importantly when petitioning it always help to have "facts" and be coherent when displaying and explaining these facts. I am sorry bro you will not get my signature nor anyone's for that matter.

You are beating a dead horse! leave this post alone and quit the thread, because frankly your becoming annoying.There is nothing worse than a flamer than a person who rants incoherently about an issue they failed to check up on on whether or not those facts were in true or not.

So i ask you, no I implore you, quit this thread and stop pleading about nonsensical assinine bullcrap that doesnt make sense. I can understand your issue if in fact money is an issue but welcome to the real world bub. It is a cold hard fact that money makes things go round, if you can't handle get off the ride. get a new job perhaps do something so that cashflow is no longer a determining factor in your bitching. Until then I would advise you to refrain from posting ridiculous infantile rants that result in nothing more than a flame war, or troll fest or constant volley of colorful metaphors.

For our sake at least, do the right thing.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Beta909Beta909 Member Posts: 30

Seriously.. listen to Nakuma. I already told you the game is $15 a month and that STATION PASS, which runs Eeverquest 1 and 2, The Matrix online, and Starwars Galaxies is the $25 a month. So please.. get your facts right and learn to spell then maybe.. just maybe someone will actually listen to your ramblings and follow them seriously.

- Jeerota

Games Tried:
    Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE): 9/10
    Planetside: 7/10
    Horizons: 4/10
    Eve Online: 8/10
    Asherons call: 3/10

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

exactly if you realize $25 a month is a frigging deal you just have to make sure you register each gme under the same station pass account.

here is simple math for you. (though i remain true to the fact that SOE IS A POS! but you cant deny the logic tha the station pass holds)

3 seperate accounts for each of the following which does not include the current baseline store/online purchase.

MXO=$14.99
    EQ2=$14.99
    SWG=$14.99 (if u like being punished lol )
    total?? rounded to the nearest dollar?  3 accounts=$45 monthly concurrent charge

STATION PASS=with 3 registered accounts of each game above??

1 monthly concurrent fee of $25 for Station Pass Access to all 3 games simultaneously!  easch account is $8.33~ as u add more accounts u pay less per account

if anything SOE is going out there way to gve you a deal (though im sure they have their own motive e.g. for the paranoid group out there lol)

either way what im trying to prove bro is your bitching for cheaper/free its not gonna happen! because logic dictates based on the facts above you have no groounds to bitch about it being expensive if utilized properly.

Therefore your petition and subsequent Boycott if you wish to call it that, is VOID and unviable!

i hope that helps you see the error of your ways.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• ZerogenumZerogenum Member Posts: 391
    I loved playing the game PRE-CU. Everything about it, how you got good items from schematics and how the entire economy was player based, and since the servers were huge every position was filled.

Now that the game is dead (And when you log in to the ghost servers youll see). It at least gives me the closure that im not psychotic and SOE really did sell out.

And now its a cookie cutter WoW class type grindfest that represents nothing of what the game was hyped to be.

I miss the "Feel" and knowing a lot of the people I played and PvPd with. This new trash is just as bad as WoW. Not that WoWs bad i guess its just i dont like simple level based cookie cutter games as opposed to unique templates and versatility of SWG. (Before they turned on Suck Mode)

Zerogenum
    Kettemoor

Zerogenum - MixMatched BH Carbineer Template of the Gods, Kettemoor PRE CU SWG.

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387
    capitalism defined = SOE

1 monthly concurrent fee of $25 for Station Pass Access to all 3 games simultaneously!  easch account is $8.33~ as u add more accounts u pay less per account
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nakuma are you.. retired?

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
    SOE DID NOT RUIN THE GAME

IT MADE IT BETTER

Ya heard

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

I dont think Ive posted lately just how bad I hate SOE and LA.. .....

A  POX on both their houses.....

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

SoE = 

• MikeG50MikeG50 Member Posts: 46

I hate SOE like Darth Sidious hates skin lotion.

I hate SOE like Darth Vader hates airport security.

I hate SOE like Yoda hates "you have to be this tall to ride" signs.

I hate SOE like Anikan hates Tusken Raiders.

I hate SOE like Luke hates moisture farming.

I hate SOE like Boba Fet hates the Sarrlac.

I hate SOE more then i hate Jar-Jar.

----------------------------------------
    will never buy another sony product again, thanks SOE!

Originally posted by MikeG50

I hate SOE like Darth Sidious hates skin lotion.
    I hate SOE like Darth Vader hates airport security.
    I hate SOE like Yoda hates "you have to be this tall to ride" signs.
    I hate SOE like Anikan hates Tusken Raiders.
    I hate SOE like Luke hates moisture farming.
    I hate SOE like Boba Fet hates the Sarrlac.
    I hate SOE more then i hate Jar-Jar.

preach on.. yoghurt

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111

My story

I started playing SWG not long after launch. I had two friends that played and I really got to like the game. I enjoyed things others hated. I really enjoyed the no "bubble" over the heads of quest givers. I loved the fact that a womprat might kill me early on if I was not careful. I loved the fact the Jedi were lost and only a few stories were told about them. I enjoyed the fight to stay alive, create my IG life. I loved buying my first speeder cause waling around was a pain and dangerous. I really liked having to work some at my toons existance. I never went into GOD MODE in any game, I like to struggle. Struggling and failing makes winning even sweeter and more real worldy. After working at a few game companies I know what balance of game play/level really means and it is extremly difficult. I loved the game. I had some issues with the overall quest thing. But all in all I found it a great experiance. Then the hologrinding started and after a while I took up the torch and got a holo and started the grind. Then while I was grinding the CU/village hit and I lost 3/4 of a prof grind...oh well the village had its good things so bah! During this time I played EQ2. I played it from the launch date for about 3 months. The game was buggy. It was hard to survive in and make any sort of way of life IG. You had to be online to sell, I was on dialup (rural area) and that was impossible. I left and went full on back to SWG. I tried other games before and during but SWG had me. My toon had a life, a full bodied existance with a home or five, vendors, pilot skills to satisfy my FPS desires. I was indeed on a intergalactic high. I got 10 students and 5 friends to play with me on the server I was on. Even the CU did not keep me away. The thing is, and I cannot say this loudly enough, I had a unique life IG. From the clothes to the toons to the professions to the homes we all had purpose and individuality. I could mix and match skills to fit my toon. The promise of jedi defenders/mystics/saber masters was really nice. One of my friends was going powers, one was going saber and I was going defender. Jedi battles lasted 10-20 min. If I am going to kill a jedi MAKE IT 20 minutes long not a Mortal Kombat 1 min death fist miasma. The NGE hit and boom no special qualites, crafting became pointless mostly due to no decay, jedi were a clickable prof everything I loved about the game left so I did the same. Because I spent so much time holo/village jedi grinding I have returned twice to keep my jedi alive. I wont go back for that any more. Every single person I played with left not to return. I know there were issues with the pre CU engine but this is the worst case of throwing the baby out with the bath water...in fact its throwing the baby, the woman, the dog, the cat and the car out the window. Now I want to make this clear, I loved the old game, the new game is the second worst game I have ever played. What a waste! As per SOE I have mixed feelings. I went back to EQ2 only after I felt like I could stomach the SOE logo coming up. I really have been enjoying myself as are all my friends including my wife. SOE fixes things there, they install content, manage issues etc... I am happy with SOE there but to that point WHY CANT THEY FIX SWG like they fixed EQ2? I respect SOE for what they are doing in EQ2 and HATE THEM, HATE THEM for what they are doing and have done to SWG. If they can fix and run EQ2 why cant they do the same for SWG? If EQ2 was as jacked up as SWG then my mind would at least rest a bit. What a waste this SWG is. I feel like they just dont give a damn about us, the game, star wars or their own jobs...again what a waste! I only hope that some game company comes along and sees the good things about the pre CU SWG game and emulates them. To have that level of unbalanced (having powerful toons that take a year or more to get is okay, let a jedi beat the dogsnot out of 10 stormies!), unique, persitant world where there is tension/release and INDIVIDUALITY where your IG life can make a difference! Wow that felt good to finally get that off my chest.

I will pour a big glass of whiskey on the ground this night for the dream of SWG that is now dead to me.

Now what childhood love can they jack up next? Star Trek? Battlestar Galactica? Planet of the Apes? Five Deadly Venoms? Billy Jack? Marvel Comics? GI Joe? Transformers? As Johnny Cash said "I here a train a comin..."

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

i cant see what SOE did wrong? why are u all so angry? O.o i think SOE does a great job

• MikeG50MikeG50 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Ninix

i cant see what SOE did wrong? why are u all so angry? O.o i think SOE does a great job

don't do crack kids

----------------------------------------
    will never buy another sony product again, thanks SOE!

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

I loved this game, it had so much going for it ...

Player build cities, politics, exploration, star wars feel ...

They just missed their launch, they didnt polish the game ...

Missions were dull, there was no way to get around fast.

After a while it became better ( intro of vehicles and alot of bugfixing ), but still the content was lacking. Altho players did have alot of tools to create their own content.

They made many design mistakes from the start. Like for example not many mmorpg players want to stick with crafting proffesions only ... Crafting and Combat should never be mutually exclusive ! A player should be able to experience both with the same character. Furthermore the decision to allow only 1 character per server made this problem even worse.

People dont wat to change servers, they want to build communities !

And what about letting people to build ANYWHERE??? how stupid can you be as a dev? You obviously should not allow people to build near POI's ...

These things were repairable, but SOE made it worse, they removed the nice skill system they had, /cry :(

I only hope that one day, I will be able to play an SWG mmorpg again, cause I did see the potential, it just never came thru. And I love Star Wars.

Greetings,

CyberGhost.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• ArcwaveArcwave Member Posts: 8
    The freedom is gone, moral is gone, and people are gone.

SWG needs help.  Badly.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

Another reason why I hate SOE...money grub sucking bottom feeders.

"Not all games are set up around the buying and selling of items, which would make it very difficult to take a game like 'Star Wars Galaxies' and make that transition," she says. But, she adds, when "Star Wars Galaxies 2" is developed -- perhaps in 2008 or 2009 -- things will be different. "If we were starting to build 'Star Wars Galaxies' today, we would absolutely consider building it from the ground up with premium services."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/columns/video_games_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001698964

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    I swear by the Hammer of Grabthar the vets shall be avenged!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Lateris

Another reason why I hate SOE...money grub sucking bottom feeders.
    "Not all games are set up around the buying and selling of items, which would make it very difficult to take a game like 'Star Wars Galaxies' and make that transition," she says. But, she adds, when "Star Wars Galaxies 2" is developed -- perhaps in 2008 or 2009 -- things will be different. "If we were starting to build 'Star Wars Galaxies' today, we would absolutely consider building it from the ground up with premium services."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/columns/video_games_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001698964

Don't think that was a SOE employee .

Save it for the "We're Angry At Lucasarts " thread

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CaptainhookCaptainhook Member Posts: 2

I reactivated my account w/ SWG on 09/21/06.  I cancelled my account today 09/23/06. 

Enough said.......

Goodbye SWG forever..........................

• Dog098Dog098 Member Posts: 11

The combat in pre-cu looked beautiful. Sure there was some imbalances with mind poison and macros spams, but that could of been taken care of with the real pre-cu combat upgrade that they scraped.

The old combat system had:

Weapon recoil

Dodge animations

laser bolts would fly fast the target and hit the ground, or walls

if your character was hit hard, your character would make a sound

No particle effects

Everything moved in a nice flow

People actually used prone and kneel

People used hills as a advantage

Few examples of the old professions:

Being a carbineer, you felt like a inflitrator, charge in and knock down people or do supression fire

Riflemen were longranged fighters, they would stay away from the main battle area and sniper incapitaced enemy players.

I really don't know why SOE messed up the game so bad

• kcd-clankcd-clan Member Posts: 14

soe can suck my  toe cause ther not owrth of anything else.
    But i LOVE SWG

but hate soe

• LordbaldurLordbaldur Member Posts: 31
    You got to be good! How do you get a post deleted in a rant thread? Anyway, fuck SOE!
  • mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    If I could only hate one thing in life it would be SOE!

This discussion has been closed.