Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Seed: Game Launched

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

Runestone Game Development has announced the official launch of their new MMORPG, Seed. Runestone calls this game genre-shattering. Why? Because it's a sci-fi game with no combat. Instead, "In Seed players use their intellect rather than brute force to get the job done, interact with believable NPCs with their own behaviors and agendas, and truly decide the fate of the colony, whether it thrives or fails, and have the power to change the world around them."

We have now officially promoted the game to "launched" in our games list, which means that you can now hype there game, here.

Runestone Game Development Launches Seed

Free Client with 14-Day Trial Now Available!

Aarhus, Denmark – May 2, 2006 - Runestone Game Development is pleased to announce the launch of their premier genre-shattering massively multiplayer game Seed. The free client is available now at the official web site www.seedthegame.com, along with a 14-day trial.

On an alien world in the far future, desperate human settlers must work together to ensure the survival of their colony and the whole human race.

In Seed players use their intellect rather than brute force to get the job done, interact with believable NPCs with their own behaviors and agendas, and truly decide the fate of the colony, whether it thrives or fails, and have the power to change the world around them.

"The launch of Seed is only the beginning," said Lars Kroll Kristensen, CEO of Runestone Game Development. “The players’ control of the world will ensure an ever-changing interactive player experience.”

With groundbreaking gameplay powered by next-generation artificial intelligence poured into a rich, comic-book-style 3D world, Seed is like nothing else on Earth.

For more information about Seed and to start your own free 14-day trial, please visit www.seedthegame.com.

For more on Seed, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• RattrapRattrap ZagrebPosts: 1,599Member
    7 days ago they released beta client - in such a stage of development that 90% of players never managed to play the game. It was not beta , perhaps maybe alpha.

Now the game is launched

Where are MMO's going

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• CatoxCatox CucuronPosts: 7Member

Looks like they used this "one week free beta" as some kind of stress test for their server or something like that...

Pretty freaking when you read about such a lag in the starting area that you should run away from it before anything...

This game looks really interresting, but I'll wait for the reviews to see if those issues where fixed for the release...

• ZnithZnith Bridgeport, OHPosts: 212Member
    They have got to be kidding me.  These severs were so unstable..  good grief.   I don't understand some mmo companies.  I guess they ran out of dev money.. hmmm

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl San Francisco, CAPosts: 648Member

Originally posted by Znith
     I guess they ran out of dev money.. hmmm

That says it all. Investors wanted them to go live, so they went live. Was it the best decesion? Probably not. Was it the devs choice, certainly not. It is what they were told to do.
  • sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl San Francisco, CAPosts: 648Member

Originally posted by Znith
     I guess they ran out of dev money.. hmmm

That says it all. Investors wanted them to go live, so they went live. Was it the best decesion? Probably not. Was it the devs choice, certainly not. It is what they were told to do.
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Norway /Posts: 2,646Member
    I don't think there will be a Seed for long. The game is in a hopeless state.

• scholesscholes CANBERRAPosts: 70Member
    Are they trying to beat Anarchy Online & World War 2 online for being the worst ever released game in MMORPG history ?.
    I was only able to log on a few times , most of them was spend with my toon standing there doing nothng & other 2 times was able to move around but never worked out how to repair stuff properly !.
    I thought i give it another look tonight & to my surprise it had gone live !

Scholes
  • AllotropeAllotrope Houston, TXPosts: 25Member

Well, I'd just love to jump in here with a "me too" post about how the game is either

1>  a steaming pile of steaming steamstuff

2>  deserving of patience because the devs have good ideas and were forced to release early by the investors.

But, I'll just say that I have created 5 different accounts using 4 different mail systems (including a brand spanking new hotmail account) over the course of  the past  24 hours and I have not received even one account authorization. (For the unclear, you have to get your account authorized before you can post in the forums on the game website - much less gai firsthand experience of  the game itself)

Now I understand from reading their forums that the game server(s) have been pretty hammered. I have also seen that various folks from Runestone are posting in those forums, so it is not wuite the fustercluck that say the Horizons launch was.

Best advice for folks who think they may want to play this game... wait a few days. check the forums the game website. And, train yourself to enjoy pain and frustration ahead of time. But don't wait too long because the folks at Runestone NEED your money. 

• TorvacTorvac KarlsruhePosts: 124Member Uncommon
    its bad. no its really bad.
    i was really looking forward to this game, but in its current state its alpha, and i have alpha tested mmorpgs that were in a better state than seed is now. i was there at the opening of AO, that was bad, but seeds live start is horrible.

• ShoalShoal Santa Clara, CAPosts: 1,156Member
    I was afraid it was going to be that way.  After seeing the length of time it took WoW to get through Alpha/Beta/PublicBeta, and how well WoW launched, I now think any MMORPG that releases after just a few weeks of Public Beta is doomed to failure.  Oh well.