Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Im playing Eve now.

RychekRychek Member Posts: 55

I loved WoW, but I hated that most of the added content was only useful if you had 6 uninterrupted hours to spare and 15-40 people ready to go. Once I had run through the low level content for both alliance and horde (1-50) I decided that I'd rather not do it again, and I didn't have the time to invest in the new high end content. Ohh and after playing shadowbane and eve the pvp here was crap.

City of heroes was too shallow for me (though the travelling was the most fun I've seen in a game)

Shadowbane just died population wise

Star wars online was too esoteric for me

Eve got old so I left, and I came back later and discovered a whole new aspect of the game I didn't experience before, then it got old and I left, then came back etc etc.

I don't know why, but it just keeps pulling me back in. And I love it.

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Keep the faith brother!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Lots of things happen...

I quit Eve for about 6 months... maybe closer to a year... dunno... because I was in a really terrible corporation and made the mistake of thinking the entire game was like this corporation.  I grew to hate it!

Then... when I decided to come back... I heard that m0o spanked the crap out of my corporation/it's alliance (Shattered Star Confederation/Fountain Alliance -original-) and my first thought was, "YOU CAN DO THAT IN THIS GAME?!"  So, I rejoined.  I immediately joined a pirate corp... which didn't last long... but I wanted to get some PvP under my belt because I wanted to join m0o.  Alas, when I had finally heard the news that they had split up my sec rating was pretty bad.  So, I tried getting it up, but had to do it solo.  I almost wound up quiting Eve again.  Then I was introduced to my current corporation.  I love it.  I play with a bunch of ex-U.S. Soldiers and family folks.  To the day I was hired into my corp, Eve was only mediocrity at best.  I made some real friends, in game (I've never met these guys/gals), and this game grabbed me completely.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.