Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW 058 Error

Atreyu0001Atreyu0001 Member Posts: 7

just started up guild wars, and when i logg in i get the 058 error, and cant connect.

its in my firewall, and everythings set up as it should be, i opened the apropriate ports

and im still getting it.. any one kno what i can do to fix this issue??

thanks.

Comments

• blahgodblahgod Member UncommonPosts: 6
    err58 = permbanned
  • jak_ojak_o Member Posts: 19

I would contact their support team, they can probably give you the best answer. You can find a link on guildwars.com

• TeeBeeNZTeeBeeNZ Member Posts: 259

A perminate ban comes due to violating the EULA, but is most common from someone who buys a 2nd hand GW account which is pre-banned by the previous owner. Of course buying anything but legit is insane for any such game. Chances are there is 0 you can do about it.

• Sky-DreamSky-Dream Member Posts: 64

"We're sorry that you are experiencing network difficulties. The error you are reporting, Code=058, is indicative of a mis-configured network setting or network interference. Please use the following information in order to assist you in troubleshooting this issue:

1. Make sure GW.EXE or GWSETUP.EXE is added to your firewall's exception list. If you have already allowed Guild Wars in the past, please double check the exceptions. Often times firewalls will decide to block Guild Wars after it has patched. If adding an exception does not help, please try completely uninstalling the firewall software.

2. If you are using a router, please open and/or forward both TCP port 6112 and TCP port 80 within their settings. If you are connecting to Guild Wars while on a campus or business network, please consult your network's administrator to verify that these ports are available. If you are using a NETGEAR® router please review the following article:"

Follow this link http://support.plaync.com/cgi-bin/plaync.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3104&p_created=1128489254&p_sid=Il_4LN1i&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MiZwX3Byb2RzPTQ4JnBfY2F0cz0gJnBfcHY9MS40OCZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PTU4&p_li=&p_topview=1 for Guild Wars supports.

• Atreyu0001Atreyu0001 Member Posts: 7

thanks all, sky dream i already did all that crap and still nothing

• TeeBeeNZTeeBeeNZ Member Posts: 259

As I said, if you're permbanned, you're permbanned, forever.

• bigbadbeastybigbadbeasty Member Posts: 6

You are NOT banned. It is an connection error. Contact GW customer support.