Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a new rpg

Ok so I missed out online games for years due to the black hole of internet connections that is NZ. Now things have changed a little and I'm gaming online, currently playing wow because that's what my mates are playing. I kind of enjoy it, but get pissed off with the limitations. Then again I had a go at EVE, it was quite impressive (oh dear God I just spilt food on my tie) but I found it to be just too big for someone that doesn't have all that much time on their hands. From my brief experience with EVE I realised that playing with my mates, well at least just knowing that they had a character on that server, is why I'm still playing wow.

However to be honest I'm not really enjoying it all that much and want a change. So, I need a game that hasn't come out yet, as I'd rather not play a game where there is thousands of people that have already been playing for months, being able to tell me all the ins and outs of said game. I also need to be able to sell the concept to my mates.

As far as the length of games go, I think I quite enjoy wow for the fact that I can just come along and have a bash for a few hours without having to get too serious, in other words I'd expect a fairly highly ranked/leveled/experienced character in no more than 30 days game time and not have to spend all that long travelling a world. I would like a game with a world, i.e the idea of D&D doesn't excite me all that much.

In short, looking for a game that is-
*In development, so I can learn for myself.
*Is expected to be popular, so I can 'sell' it to my mates.
*Doesn't have huge game time.
*Oh, and isn't toooo ping dependant, I'm in aus and won't be expecting any game to have Australian server/s.
*Any genre, sci-fi/fantasy whatever is cool with me.

So if someone could reccomend some 'in-development' games for me to have a closer look at that would be great thanks.

What's the general opinion on Archlord? Saw a short review somewhere and thought the idea of an 'overall' leader was pretty cool.

Comments

• xacebopxacebop Member UncommonPosts: 93

funny youre from nz i played the game silkroad and i knew alot of nz/aussies that had guilds its a fun game but the grind is terrible so i dont think it would work for you.

• kallion86kallion86 Member Posts: 50
    They need to think more about austrailian and eastern world players. I've never seen an MMO make servers for Austrailian players... I'm not from austrailia but I like the attitude and respect austrailians I've talked to give me. They're really nice people and it's such a shame to not see as many.

MMO Addict :D