Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best MMORPG game?

some suggestions because i want to buy the best one ! so plz reply

Comments

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

According to what style you want to play I would recommend a few:

1. Medieval Fantasy - Dark Age of Camelot
    2. Non-Medieval Fantasy - Final Fantasy XI
    3. Science Fiction - Anarchy Online

Of course, I would also recommend that you wait a few days for Horizons which will be released on December 9th, if you are interested in medieval fantasy.

The ones above are what I consider the best of their genre based upon content, server stability, graphics, gameplay, and overall enjoyment. Of course, this is a very subjective subject and this is all merely my opinion.

• SavoSavo Member Posts: 25
    tnx for your opinion clandestine i think they are great too .Do any one have others opinion.I think that the best upcoming is world of warcraft.

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

Most games like WoW or EQ2 wont be out for a WHILE. I would suggest:

Dark Age of Camelot

Anarchy(ive never played)

Final Fantasy XI

Horizons(ive never played, comes out in a few days)

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164
    imageI'm actually kind of lookin around myself.  The suggestions thus far look pretty promising.  I am wondering about a lot of the new ones that are due out in the future....horizons for sure...I've heard a good deal about that.  I've also been hearing a lot of people talking about UXO.  Anyone have some thoughts on that?  Tryin to find out more...

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

If you are looking for a current fantasy MMORPG, I would suggest Dark Age of Camelot at the moment.  Here is a rundown of the top 4 and why I would choose DAOC:

Everquest - After several expansions and 4+ years, many areas of Norrath are deserted and most players are high level, meaning that finding a low to mid level group may be tough.  Also, with EQ2 not too far off, it may not be the best time to start an EQ account.

Ultima Online - The oldest major MMOG out there is definitely showing its age, and those that remain are long timers.  I would imagine that this game sees fewer new players than any other (except AC2 image).  UXO will be released soon, and EA may decide to let UO burn out.  UO will be around for a few more years, but it is definitely in retreat mode.

Asheron's Call - Those who play this game love it, but it has a shrinking fanbase.  The good news is that apparently few players jumped to AC2, so it is maintaining a hardcore following, but I hear less and less about this title as time goes on, and I'd be surprised if it hasn't been knocked down the subscription list.

Dark Age of Camelot - With its second expansion just out, DAoC seems to be peaking.  There are newer and upcoming games, but among mature MMOGs, DAoC is hitting its stride while the others mentioned above seem to be past their prime.  Look at it this way - Each of the aforementioned have sequels either out or close at hand, while Mythic is still actively improving Camelot.  I would imagine this one would give you a better environment for a new player and more longevity.

Just my 2cp.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. (written on the SW:G CD)

-----

Old timer.

• BunglermooseBunglermoose Member Posts: 63

Dark Age of Camelot -- definitely. Great game. I've been playing it for about a year and a half now... choose your realm (Albion -- Britain, Midgard -- Norse/Viking, or Hibernia -- Celtic) and particpate in Realm Vs. Realm warfare. You can either play on one of the regular servers, which feature Realm Vs. Realm combat (Albion, Midgard and Hibernia against each other) or you can play on the Gaheris server, also called the co-op server, on which all three realms are open to all races/classes.

Asheron's Call 2 -- for some reason there's been alot of bad word of mouth about this game, but I enjoy it. There's not alot of folks playing it right now, but the graphics are great, the interface is easy to use, and the combat graphics/sounds are nifty...gotta love a game that features blood spray. The quest system is great... you're literally never without something to do if you get tired of smacking mobs around. The game features a skill based system -- you can basically create your own characyer class by allocating your skill points where you want them -- archer/mage, fighter/archer, fighter/mage, etc. etc. Or, if you like, once you get to level 15 you can choose a race-based class template. If you're a roleplayer, like me, there's not alot of like-minded players in AC2... luckily an RP buddy of mine plays with me.

Anarchy Online -- I've played the 7-day free trial for this game and loved it. Depending on the state of my finances, I'll most likely add this game to my current group of MMORPG's. Sci-fi cyberpunk atmosphere... interesting character classes as well.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Everyone will tell you their own favourite.

We had many polls before and  the general opinon is everquest and dark ages of camelot.

I think last poll everquest won.

• CostaRCostaR Member Posts: 1

I think it would be very useful if you tell us how important PvP is to you.
    I played Anarchy Online a very long time, its a great game BUT PvP is not a strengh of it (and RP is .... not practiced very much).

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    Neocron..

---------------------------------------------

This is killing us
    Fighting the truth a losing battle
    We believe in nothing
    Just hatred for each other

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%