Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG that allows you to solo most of the time

I am looking for a new MMORPG that will allow me to solo most of my time.  I simply don't have the time to log in, spend half an hour looking for a group, then only be able to hunt for 15 minutes.  I want one that I can log into for short periods of time. 

I know what you are going to say, get a solo player game. 

However, I do want the social interaction with other people, just not forced grouping when running on the 'leveling treadmill'.

If anyone could tell me a game (other then Asheron's Call) that is solo player friendly, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Margon

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

an mmorpg that lets you solo?

im sorry...but nooone come to mind....

you should really rethink the whole thing about gettting a mmorpg. just a rpg.....

but u already said no to that...

well gl finding one anywayimage

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

http://lineage.com/

Lineage is a great solo game, along with a great community.

Black Star Deceiver kills it all.
    The sun lies waiting for a call.

-Machiavelli

• MargonMargon Member Posts: 2

Asheron's Call was very good for this. 

You could literally go from Level 1 to 126 without ever grouping with others, but if you wanted to do the major quests, you could.  Also, there was an exp bonus to grouping, so you were encouraged to do so, but not required. 

Sadly, AC has lost its luster for me with all the exp chains and macroing that have ruined the game.  I have been hoping for a new server that would not allow exp chains or macroing, but I don't think they are ever going to make one.  So I am looking for another game.

Margon

• AluadanAluadan Member Posts: 118

You can solo just fine in most MMORPG's it just really restricts what classes you can use as some are FAR better then others for soloing.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    sure you can solo in pretty much mmorpg, but it isnt really the logical thing to do, say like in anarchy online.. going solo the whole time.. good luck making it anywhere when you get to higer lvls, unless you wanna take a month getting a level

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• AmericanJoeAmericanJoe Member Posts: 29
    I also like to solo in mmorpg's, its nice to group too, but alot of the time i just like doin crap on my own ,  gets done faster

Still Waiting for a good MMORPG!!!

Peg Bundy "Al, why don't you ever buy me flowers?"
    Al Bundy "Cause I don't like ya Peg"

Still Waiting For A Good MMORPG!!!

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

ugh im getting sick of posts being deleted when they have nothing bad in them

that why i played uo for like 4 years, its fun as hell solo, and with a group of people mobin around its fun as hell to, i also love a game that gives you aot of freedom to do whatever you wish

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Sorry to say but grouping is mainly the whole part of the game. If no grouping means no point in having bosses because they'll be too hard to kill unless its your level, but then its not a boss. But a mmorpg with no grouping probally isnt that fun and i have known none thats actually popular (actually i havent know one like that at all).

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Tip #1: Refrain from verbal assault unto other members
    Tip #2: Rinse and repeat.

I've noticed you starting to verbally abuse other members by comments that are not needed Digity.  We've battled this out before and I wish not to do so again.  You're older bro, act like it.

- MMORPG.COM STAFF -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• HieronymousHieronymous Member UncommonPosts: 20

yep,  agree with Margon, Asheron's Call is  the way to go.

"Definition of a scientist - A man who understands nothing till there was nothing left to understand" - Matthias (The Omega Man)

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049
    I played a necromancer in EQ for a couple of years and played mostly solo.  I'm like you in that I don't have 8 hours a day to play, so I prefer not to waste time looking for a group every time I play.  However, when I do have enough time, I enjoy playing with friends or other acquaintances.  It looks like UXO and EQ2 are going to cater to people like us, at least that's their story.

NC > DAoC > EQ > UO > fecal matter > leper's oily rags > SW:G

-----

Old timer.

• HephaestusHephaestus Member Posts: 5

I'd like to see a (new) MMORPG that enables both solo AND group play.

As others have said, I just don't have the time during the week to dedicate half of that time looking for a group.  So for those times, I like to be able to get in, do some solo'ing, then get out.

But on the weekend, when I have more time, I'll want to do some grouping with friends/guild members and a quest or two.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    Join a guild or clan and then the problem will be solved.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Meridian 59 is almost completely soloing but still has a great close community and open PvP.

http://www.gilcon.net/meridian/

• JohnnyCJohnnyC Member Posts: 56

Community dependant games annoy me...

AC and UO both used to be okay.. as far as i care community in MMORPGs is only good for one thing, to be killed harrasd and destroyed =D