Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone still playing this game?

2»

Comments

• oumarch110oumarch110 Member Posts: 38

I played the last month of beta, and the first two months of release but then cancelled. I just last night reinstalled and tried the game out. Man, I really had forgotten how much fun that game is. Too bad content ran out so soon for me (50+).

Will test run for my 7 day trial, if works out will turn back on my old account (if it still exists) and give it a whirl.

• KlydeKlyde Member UncommonPosts: 38

If your account was ever active after the beta, I think you'll find it's still there.

We've had guildies leave for close to a year, and are now coming back. :)

There's really much more to the game than warp/shoot/warp.

Like any MMORPG you have to put some effort into playing the game. I've been in it since beta, and most likely will still be in it when EA pulls the plug someday. :)

The single best reason I play it still is the people I've made friends with. We have great times! This game is for sure tailored to groups, and will not appeal to a solo player.

As for getting bored, I've heard many say that around lv50. But really at around level 100 is when much of the real fun starts. You'll find that there's much more to do in the game after you hit level 100. :)

Level 150 TT on Andromeda
    Trade Consortium Guild

• roublesroubles Member Posts: 30

Ok, Maybe I will join again. I have been offered 100,000 and 2 skill points to go back. I just don't know what guild to join. Nor do I know if I am using the "right" weapons and devices. I don't dislike the game I just got bored doing the same thing. Half the time I don't know what to do and have just been lucky getting to lvl 50. I know there should be more to do in the game, but I believe joining a guild would help.

So, if there is anyone out there that is in galileao image think thats how you spell it, please email with advice. And maybe I'll rejoin. image

• airtrooperairtrooper Member Posts: 78
    I played this game starting about 1 day after release for about 2 months....thought it was great the regastrtion alone was so cool the graphics looked great the idea that u could level your char by just exploring and minning or making stuff was neat..but than it started getting soooo boring. I could read whole books while waiting to go from point a to point b. and when i got to where i was going the was not all that much interesting to do..eventually it became hard to level and less fun the longer i played for....no sense of purpose and lost interest in the game.

• KlydeKlyde Member UncommonPosts: 38

Roubles, there are several good guilds on Gal. If you reactivate, just ask on new player channel if anyone is recruiting... theres always someone from guilds helping players and doing recruiting.

I'm on Andromeda, so I won't be of any help in knowing which guild is best... just try one out, if you don't like them, you can always leave and try someone else. :)

Having good friends will make your gameplay more enjoyable, because you can learn much from those who have done the mission, killed that mob, found that ore... etc.

Not to mention, most guilds have a large variety of builders to make gear for you. One of my low level toons warps around at just under 5k, which aint bad since 5k is the cap. :)

Level 150 TT on Andromeda
    Trade Consortium Guild

• oumarch110oumarch110 Member Posts: 38

I please to find out that my initial 7 day free trial was actually 14 days. WooT!!!!

I am really enjoying this game. Lots to do and at this point I dont know if I wanna just continue playing this free trial, or just reactivate my original account from beta/release. For now, I am gonna finish out my free trial and make sure I dont hit that wall and become bored.

But overall, I would much rather pay EnB devs than SWG devs...wait I am not paying SWG anymore. image

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

E&B is a pretty good game. IMO it's much better for the casual player than EVE as EVE Takes massive time committments to really enjoy. E&B was one that I enjoyed because I could hop on for a few minutes, have some fun, and hop off. Or hop on for an hour, work on my missions and hop off. EVE just never gave me that flexibility. Sure you can autopilot wherever you want to go but um... who cares? It still takes forever to get there.

Depending what you like in a space sim E&B and EVE are about equal in quality, just different in style.

Personally I don't like either of them because when I play a space game I am looking for a SIM environment. Jumpgate and Freelancer are both better in that regard.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Hey Elnator,

What galaxy R U  in? I just reactivated, so I'm going to try it again. I need a good guild to join. Where is an exciting area to play in your opinion?

Roubles, I was on pegasus. But I no longer play E&B. I play Freelancer online. (It's a single player space sim with online capabilities.) The server I play on hosts about 128 people at a time so we manage to have a lot of fun ;)

Good luck in E&B, it's a fun game, but as I said, it's really just not my cup of tea. It was my 'placeholder' MMO until Freelancer came out.

Sig image Pending

AHHHH  image    Guess I didn't read your comment correctly!  Sorry bout that. Well I reactivated and took a look see, and I'm thinking ....  Oh BOY, did I really want to do this. Maybe these types of games are not for me. I am NOT game Sauvvy, so I really can't compare this game to anything. Thanks for your reply though.

BTW what does the following stand for SIM  image.

Sim stands for simulation. As opposed to an RPG a SIM is a game that makes you feel like you're actually flying/driving/piloting whatever it is you're in. It's meant to make you feel like you're actually flying a spaceship or plane or driving a tank or 'Mech.

I enjoy MMO games but I enjoy MMO Sims even more because not only do they allow you the fun of interaction that is part of the "RPG" they also allow the immersiveness of being in a simulator.

Sorry to hear you weren't into E&B, sounds to me you are probably best served by playing single player games or you're trying the wrong genre. Something I'd recommend if you really like space games is to try out Jumpgate or Freelancer. Sounds like E&B and EVE (which are in the same 'style' of game) are probably not your cup of tea. If you're just looking for a game you enjoy you might want to play with the various MMO's with free trials before jumping into a purchase. I know that Freelancer, UO, AO and several others have free trials right now.

Good luck!

Oh: Freelancer isn't an MMO it's a single player game that allows up to 128 people to play together on a player hosted server. If you like the free trial (do a google for it, it's out there) you'll see what I mean.

Sig image Pending

• BronenekBronenek Member Posts: 240

Ah..I thought it was closed down, how can people still be playing it?

• SearonSearon Member Posts: 1

I played it since beta .. been on it from start and im sad to see it go down ..
    I was deeply disapointed when they announced the closing and i left in anger... left my 4 lvl 150 characters with hundreds of millions in money and gear...

Alot of ppl was true to the game all the way from start..
    very sad to see it go .....

• BroodsteRBroodsteR Member Posts: 86

If E&B was better than EVE, more people would play E&B, Eve's already gone past E&B"s top subscibers

Liked: Shadowbane, Neocron, Ultima Online(Before UO:R)
    Not Sure about: DAoC
    Disliked: AC1, Everquest 1, Everquest 2, World of Garbage(Warcraft), Eve Online, Jumpgate, AC2, Anarchy Online, Sims Online, Saga of Ryzom, Lineage II, City of Heroes, FFXI, Planetside, UO:R(and after)

• themetheme Member Posts: 1

LESS THEN 22 DAYS LEFT!imageimageimageimage

Galileo: Manslaughter TT lvl 72, Mantlerage TE lvl 16, Fighting Sentinal PS lvl 20

Andromeda: Manslaughter PW lvl 38

Pegasus: Amplifiedspeaker JE lvl 17

• DabruuzerDabruuzer Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Very few of my guildmates are still in game, but there are some, maybe 5 or 6 on Orion.  I left a week after the announcement, as I could not see any point in continuing.  EA will never get a cent of my money again.

City of Heroes
    Pinnacle Server
    DaBurner (30+ Fire/Dev Blaster)
    DaBruuzer(30+ Energy/Energy Blaster)
    DaBlock(low level Invuln./Fire Tanker)
    BengalCat(30+ Empathy/Radiation Defender)

A Little Dab'll Do Ya!

• StarszStarsz Member Posts: 3

a massive shame this game is going, a great community atm (never would of happened if sunset wasnt done, all the jerks would of stil been there)

Ill miss this game and the people greatly, just hope i can find a game to replace it :(

Starsz PW 150
    Starstripe JE 150
    Starstrip JD 150
    starstrader TT 150
    Starssent PS 150
    Tiderider TE 150
    Troubleshooter TT 150
    Laoyuen JE 150
    Genna PW 150
    Jennanne JE 150
    Metas Mafia's Don

Orion

• KnetterzzKnetterzz Member Posts: 3

I played both E&B and EVE, and found E&B much better then EVE. I feel bad about it stopping, but cant wait for WOW to get online.

• trinijadetrinijade Member Posts: 2
    Left in beta too, moved over to AO. ALien Invasion. ROxxors.

• skelPSskelPS Member Posts: 7

NOT ANYMORE  but i went down fighting :)

for 2 1/2 years i stayed with this gem of a game was proud to get in beta  back in june 2002 and i dont regret a single moment of it :)

only hated the way it was treated and mismanaged by the corprate sharks EA or have not got a clue

the community made this game and from the begining it had so much potential but we all got screwed

oh well :(

all good things must come to an end

just my opinions