Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patche notes December 1st

Galaxy Update December 1st, 2005

Update Notes December 1, 2005
Version 0.143236

On December 1st, 2005 at 4:00 AM PDT all U.S. and European galaxies will be taken down for server maintenance and a live update.

Headlines!

• Jedi have more protection with this update!
  • All creatures and NPCs over level 21 have been balanced for fun combat.
  • All special abilities that are snares have been fixed!
  • Melee combat improved!
  • Weakness Timer reduced!

Read all about it!

Character Creation

• If you create a new character with a name that is already being used, you will no longer be switched back to the beginning character creation screen. You should be able to pick a new name and continue normally.

Combat

• All creatures and NPCs level 21 and up have had their difficulty reduced.
  • Fixed all snares (snares are special abilities).
  • The duration for the weakness timer was reduced from 2.5 minutes to 1 minute. If you are incapacitated a second time in less than 1 minute, you will be cloned.
  • Melee attacks will hit more frequently against moving creatures and NPCs.
  • Melee combat speed for respec'd characters should be improved.

Profession: Jedi

• Added Force Protection to Jedi Robes/Cloaks. This will provide protection for Jedi based on the level requirement of the item. Force Protection numerical values are found on the Character sheet once the object is equipped.
  • Added various new Jedi Robes to provide Protection from levels 40-80, Happy Hunting!
  • The "Two Handed" Force Throw special ability should work correctly.

Quests

• The RSF mainframe quest can now be completed.
  • The legacy quest, "Jabba's Dirty Work" will now give you the proper waypoint to complete the quest.
  • The legacy quest, "Digital Infection" will now give you better information on how to upload the virus during the quest.
  • The "Activating the Terminal" quest will no longer award experience points.

Server Stability Enhancements

• Improved some lag and over-spawning issues.

User Interface

• The class icon for the HAM bar has been corrected to display the proper profession icon.

Veteran Rewards

• The exclusive veteran reward, "Favor of the Elders" will no longer be granted to new players. It will only be granted to characters that were created before publish 25.

---------------------------------------------
Don't click here...no2

Comments

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

You know I'm getting sick and tired of clicking and reading these fake patch notes.

Oh wait a minute. Those are the real ones.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    lol what's wrong with those fixes? Looks good to me. Lots left to fix but it's going in the right direction.image

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Originally posted by anarchyart
    lol what's wrong with those fixes? Looks good to me. Lots left to fix but it's going in the right direction.image

Well, the real problem here is the 1 or 2 fixes in the last 2 weeks haven't fixed what they were supposed to, in fact those issues got worse.

THIS list is too big to believe lol.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Hmm, what do they mean by "happy hunting" next to the Jedi robes?  Does that mean anyone who isn't cl90 or an elder jedi has to run around with level 20 armour looking for a quest or mob, which provides an armour rating relevant to their level?  Should have just made it innate and let Jedi wear what they want instead being clones based on level.

That aside looks like a promising patch, will check it out later.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by grapevine
    Hmm, what do they mean by "happy hunting" next to the Jedi robes? Does that mean anyone who isn't cl90 or an elder jedi has to run around with level 20 armour looking for a quest or mob, which provides an armour rating relevant to their level?

Yes...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Wow, that sucks.

Nothing except everytime they patch either half the fixes don't really get fixed due to lack of long term testing or they add new bugs in such has a nice imperial fortress blocking access for me from my house with all my stuff in it.

So I wouldn't really say they are going in the right direction unless you count one step forward and 2 back as the right direction.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

based on how well the last 2 hotfix patches worked ...

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Originally posted by Gorair

Actually this patch scares the hell out of me because they adjusted ALL mobs in the game with this one. Thats a bit much for this dev team to tackle properly. Especially since they probably finished writing it yesterday afternoon and spent all of about 10 minutes testing it.

- Scaris

Great, the new Jedi robes even suck unless you can get hold of the elder robes.  Only other half decent one drops in the DWB.  Way to go!!!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=ngejedi&message.id=57990

[quote]Originally posted by grapevine
    [b]Great, the new Jedi robes even suck unless you can get hold of the elder robes. Only other half decent one drops in the DWB. Way to go!!!
    [url=http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=ngejedi&message.id=57990][/b][/quote]

I don't think that is what that post is saying. And robes drop off everything now from what I can tell, its just yet more random loot.

Did I mention I hate random loot?

- Scaris

In a way I hope so.  Although yes, hate random loot drops to.  Going to be fun killing high level mobs to find one suitable, with only cl20 armour stats.  Guess its still better than it was, even if crap.

• RangerSWGRangerSWG Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by Wepps

Well, the real problem here is the 1 or 2 fixes in the last 2 weeks haven't fixed what they were supposed to, in fact those issues got worse.

THIS list is too big to believe lol.

My biggest concern is that these are going to Live after, allegedly, twelve hours of internal testing and minimal time on the Test Centre. "It's not unknown" for comparatively small patches to unfix something major elsewhere in the game.

I say "it's not unknown" because at one point it was almost a publish by publish occurence.

Glad t see some fixes coming in and ones that address SOME of the players concerns in some areas. But on past history, how do we know there's not a small team of coders locking themselves away and dreaming up a complete 'remake' of everything, again? ::::38::

In a way I hope so. Although yes, hate random loot drops to. Going to be fun killing high level mobs to find one suitable, with only cl20 armour stats. Guess its still better than it was, even if crap.

Thats my concern as well. Yet again if they can't do it half-assed they don't do it at all!

- Scaris

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Fadeus

Actually this patch scares the hell out of me because they adjusted ALL mobs in the game with this one. Thats a bit much for this dev team to tackle properly. Especially since they probably finished writing it yesterday afternoon and spent all of about 10 minutes testing it.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! RIGHT IN 1!!!!

I seriously expect that we'll be hearing from those who play soon about how many things got screwed up. ANYTIME SOE has ever attempted a patch this huge they screwed up 10 things for every 1 they supposedly 'fixed'. And then it'd turn out that half the stuff they 'fixed' is still broken... or is broken worse than before.

I have ZERO faith in the SWG Dev team's ability to tackle large changes.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

In a way I hope so. Although yes, hate random loot drops to. Going to be fun killing high level mobs to find one suitable, with only cl20 armour stats. Guess its still better than it was, even if crap.

Thats my concern as well. Yet again if they can't do it half-assed they don't do it at all!

My girlfriend has confirmed it. In order to get a level 80 robe your naked ass is going into somewhere with level 80 mobs to get it. I suggest you bring lots of friends, non-jedi friends.

She was killing rebels at theed (don't even ask why the rebels have theed now) and she got a level 50 robe several times off the level 50 rebels there.

- Scaris

Will try Yavin then, as I could handle cl82 Anglers anyway.  One at a time (of course) and assuming these new robes don't just drop off humanoids.

Thanks for the info.

Will try Yavin then, as I could handle cl82 Anglers anyway. One at a time (of course) and assuming these new robes don't just drop off humanoids.
    Thanks for the info.

Let me know how it goes grape, because I am going to try this tonite just for the sake of seeing what they have done. Plus I want to be able to run around in a jedi robe and match everyone else ::::02::.

- Scaris

Sure, will do.

Well that was a joke, six hours of frustration and wasted time.  Jedi should have been issued with level relevant robes from the shrines.  Having to fight mobs that are above your level and with next to zero armour is crazy. 

As a cl80 (which is another story of loosing xp when double respecing to get the class items) obtaining a robe for that level is impossible solo, unless you firstly respec out of Jedi then back in once you have obtained the loot.    There are so many people out looking for them, its just a kill stealing frenzy (on Bria).  Even grouped endless NS were killed and still no cl80 robe.   Blacksun's on Yavin were all cl85/88, at least the ones still alive.  All none humanoids seemed to just drop the usual brains and stuff.  In the end just went to the Warren and got the cl40 robe within seconds.  Loot tables seem screwed and do appear to be tied to certain mobs.

Anyway, I then went onto CoV and discovered I wasn't enjoying it as I was so drained after hours of getting nowhere.  End result, SWG canceled.  Better things to do than running around with a (dev) gimped character hoping the next mob will drop something that is well below the resists that all other classes can simply buy.  UI sucks for melee at high level to (with running mobs, etc) and SoE have now stated no target locking will be put back in.  Melee, is just a waste of time and effort.  Sadly the only combat style I enjoyed in SWG.

She was killing rebels at theed (don't even ask why the rebels have theed now) and she got a level 50 robe several times off the level 50 rebels there.

Am I the only person that thinks that sounds fun? I love hunting for loot. Just me? Ahh ok.image

Well that was a joke, six hours of frustration and wasted time.  Jedi should have been issued with level relevant robes from the shrines.  Having to fight mobs that are above your level and with next to zero armour is crazy. 
    As a cl80 (which is another story of loosing xp when double respecing to get the class items) obtaining a robe for that level is impossible solo, unless you firstly respec out of Jedi then back in once you have obtained the loot.    There are so many people out looking for them, its just a kill stealing frenzy (on Bria).  Even grouped endless NS were killed and still no cl80 robe.   Blacksun's on Yavin were all cl85/88, at least the ones still alive.  All none humanoids seemed to just drop the usual brains and stuff.  In the end just went to the Warren and got the cl40 robe within seconds.  Loot tables seem screwed and do appear to be tied to certain mobs.
    Anyway, I then went onto CoV and discovered I wasn't enjoying it as I was so drained after hours of getting nowhere.  End result, SWG canceled.  Better things to do than running around with a (dev) gimped character hoping the next mob will drop something that is well below the resists that all other classes can simply buy.  UI sucks for melee at high level to (with running mobs, etc) and SoE have now stated no target locking will be put back in.  Melee, is just a waste of time and effort.  Sadly the only combat style I enjoyed in SWG.

Didn't they fix it so you can attack while running with melee now? Did you get the new patch grapes?

Its impossible not to get the new patch, it downloads when you log in (as usual).

Yes they have allowed melee fighting  while running, but they keeping your cursor over something that is running around like crazy while at the same time moving yourself and staying in range (i.e. on top of the mob).  All you see is a spinning screen, which is sickening and disorientating.  Now add in you are in a highly "red" mob populated area.  You are either left with a choice of generating more aggro (which you can't handle, because you still have next to no armour) or just die anyway because the mob is now stood next to a larger group firing away at you.  Face to face with a melee mob and without the correct robe (which is why you are fighting them in the first place) its exactly the same as pre-patch.  You die as a Jedi if you get the aggro.  Mob positions are also not always in sync between server and client (just how SWG works) and is a known NGE issue for melee.  So basically melee doesn't sit right with the game anymore. 

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

Am I the only person that thinks that sounds fun? I love hunting for loot. Just me? Ahh ok.image

you missed the point completely. the point is everyone else can go to said vendor and poof! get what they need. you a jedi cant you have to hunt for something that they added late that you need to hunt in the 1st place and no the bug is still there but you can use the ~ exploit if your a jedi too then you only have to steer and hold down button not actually aim,  when they added the robes they removed other loot. no more black sun armor its all robes now whooo hooo. so unless your hunting for jedi loot , its kinda pointless now isnt it they cant be traded or sold soooo useless loot for you.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

you missed the point completely. the point is everyone else can go to said vendor and poof! get what they need. you a jedi cant you have to hunt for something that they added late that you need to hunt in the 1st place and no the bug is still there but you can use the ~ exploit if your a jedi too then you only have to steer and hold down button not actually aim, when they added the robes they removed other loot. no more black sun armor its all robes now whooo hooo. so unless your hunting for jedi loot , its kinda pointless now isnt it they cant be traded or sold soooo useless loot for you.

Replaced the loot with jedi robes ? ::::03::

What good will that do ? Let's say in a week or so all jedi got their robes (or a few) and since there is no decay, they'll have them forever. I can see them being deleted since you cant sell them anyways. Oh well, another retarded decision ::::12::.