Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RYL, and my personal experiences...

Ok, let me start out by explaining my history with this game.    I had been playing this game for a few years now.  It first started with the MY version open beta.  Once I lost interest in that, I moved to Planetwide Games' RYL NA open beta.  I played that almost from the start, and had an extremely good time.  From there, after that beta was closed down, and the infamous Path Of the Emporer beta was launched, I crossed over and continued my game play.   This continued, of course, until POTE went pay to play.  From there, I joined the "founder's guild" and bought myself a ton of game time. 

Until about 2 months ago, RYL was my life... I would have been the first person on this forum, defending the game.  I was obsessed.  The game had such amazing potential, and PWG kept promising better and better things.  So I'll be honest, I kept playing ... even when things couldnt have possibly gotten any worse, purely out of the hope that PWG would in fact make the right changes, add the right material, and in general, fix RYL POTE. 

I have seen the best this game has to offer - and unfortunately, the intense gameplay is without a doubt, crushed by the amazing power of PWG to screw things up.  RYL is an amazing game, in its ability to suck you into the competitiveness, it is very easy to get caught up in all of the action, the killing, and the rivalries, only to blow an insane amount of time in the game.  But take it from me, I have been in the best guilds, been top ranked, been in all of the amazing battles - It is not at all worth it.   The game is beyond the point of no return, they have hit the bottom - and pushed right through.  PWG has lost control of their game to a bunch of whiners and exploiters.  The game may in fact have some of the most intense gameplay, and unique pvp battles, but the ineffectiveness of a company like PWG to control, monitor, and fix their only game will catch up to you.  So, it is my warning to you, to avoid this game, do not get involved - there are other games out there, just keep looking. 

- Fed up,

Thanks. Kallen

Comments

• Mr.WiffleMr.Wiffle Member Posts: 10

Seems like ur promoting the game and saying how addictive it is must mean its a really good game. PWG is now working with yuxiland and fused with another company and are working to improve RYL more now that they are sorry for canceling the 1 mil dollar torny.

ALOT has changed in RYL now and it becoming better. The lag is somewhat fixed and lots of new patches have been done that greatly change the game and make some aspects of pvp much better. The lag and crashes will be fixed and be alot less soon enough because they are going to fix the Memoryleak.

• Katana2k6Katana2k6 Member Posts: 49

-Kallen-

i know what ya feel man i got sick of it after p2p in Azreal as soon as we reached 60+ we got camped. r@p3d and more.

Me and some other people left to play for RYL MY ( RYL1 ) and still having an good time me (katana) onmi baha rOtring Sou| and so many others left for the better play IF you want to expierance RYL then do so at MY image

• Leviathan69Leviathan69 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Mr.Wiffle
    Seems like ur promoting the game and saying how addictive it is must mean its a really good game. PWG is now working with yuxiland and fused with another company and are working to improve RYL more now that they are sorry for canceling the 1 mil dollar torny.
    ALOT has changed in RYL now and it becoming better. The lag is somewhat fixed and lots of new patches have been done that greatly change the game and make some aspects of pvp much better. The lag and crashes will be fixed and be alot less soon enough because they are going to fix the Memoryleak.

Nothing has changed...I came back recently and thers barely anything new. The pvp was much better before I left now it's totally crap. RYL1 was a much better game compared to this...I can't believe how I got to play Pote for so long...
  • hussienhussien Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by -Kallen-

Ok, let me start out by explaining my history with this game.    I had been playing this game for a few years now.  It first started with the MY version open beta.  Once I lost interest in that, I moved to Planetwide Games' RYL NA open beta.  I played that almost from the start, and had an extremely good time.  From there, after that beta was closed down, and the infamous Path Of the Emporer beta was launched, I crossed over and continued my game play.   This continued, of course, until POTE went pay to play.  From there, I joined the "founder's guild" and bought myself a ton of game time. 
    Until about 2 months ago, RYL was my life... I would have been the first person on this forum, defending the game.  I was obsessed.  The game had such amazing potential, and PWG kept promising better and better things.  So I'll be honest, I kept playing ... even when things couldnt have possibly gotten any worse, purely out of the hope that PWG would in fact make the right changes, add the right material, and in general, fix RYL POTE. 
    I have seen the best this game has to offer - and unfortunately, the intense gameplay is without a doubt, crushed by the amazing power of PWG to screw things up.  RYL is an amazing game, in its ability to suck you into the competitiveness, it is very easy to get caught up in all of the action, the killing, and the rivalries, only to blow an insane amount of time in the game.  But take it from me, I have been in the best guilds, been top ranked, been in all of the amazing battles - It is not at all worth it.   The game is beyond the point of no return, they have hit the bottom - and pushed right through.  PWG has lost control of their game to a bunch of whiners and exploiters.  The game may in fact have some of the most intense gameplay, and unique pvp battles, but the ineffectiveness of a company like PWG to control, monitor, and fix their only game will catch up to you.  So, it is my warning to you, to avoid this game, do not get involved - there are other games out there, just keep looking. 
    - Fed up,
    Thanks. Kallen

I agree. Take it from me, this game will cause you more headaches and possibly requiring you to take anger management classes to just walk through town. It is plagued with too many annoying little bugs. I was a huge supporter of PWG, but when I resigned from my GM position, I quickly realized that PWG is an extremely unprofessional company. From the sloppy design of their site to they're demented and twisted ideas of how a community should be to they're blantantly turning a blind-eye to they're customers. They have destroyed the community more than they have helped it grow. There are other great games out there. "Keep looking."

Fairyland Online
    IGN::hussien lvl 42 blademan

Risk Your Life
    IGN::hussien lvl 19 gunner
    IGN::.SIN. lvl 9 rune-off

Originally posted by hussien

- Fed up,
    Thanks. Kallen

I agree. Take it from me, this game will cause you more headaches and possibly requiring you to take anger management classes to just walk through town. It is plagued with too many annoying little bugs. I was a huge supporter of PWG, but when I resigned from my GM position, I quickly realized that PWG is an extremely unprofessional company. From the sloppy design of their site to they're demented and twisted ideas of how a community should be to they're blantantly turning a blind-eye to they're customers. They have destroyed the community more than they have helped it grow. There are other great games out there. "Keep looking."

wow man hussien i remember u where always teh 1st to defend teh game. but i geus u'f had it with them to man
  • kenshin8xxkenshin8xx Member Posts: 5

LOL, i've never heard about this before!
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151

WORD game has gone to crappied crap crap
    no new content of players and the bugs are really bad

• sunflamesunflame Member UncommonPosts: 181

Well... to be honest - everything u guys say - its stuff we already know for about a year now.... it seems nothing has changed - only thing thats changed is u only reliazing this now... better late then never ::::39::

I used to play RYL1 in NA and also pote (for a while - till i couldnt keep hearing "promises" that would never come) and the main problem (to my opinion) is that PWG ignored the community.... and the resulte was - lots of good players left the game for other games.... and the community just went down - too many kids.... too many ppl grief other ppl...

However i have to admit - Pote has a good potential - its just that - i dont see PWG making this potential a reality (ever!) and its not coz they cant.... its coz they dont want to (and im saying this based on some live chats with the Devs in PWG).

anyway - have fun every1 - just move on to a diffrent game - many cool games out there!

sunflame.

Originally posted by sunflame

Well... to be honest - everything u guys say - its stuff we already know for about a year now.... it seems nothing has changed - only thing thats changed is u only reliazing this now... better late then never ::::39::
    I used to play RYL1 in NA and also pote (for a while - till i couldnt keep hearing "promises" that would never come) and the main problem (to my opinion) is that PWG ignored the community.... and the resulte was - lots of good players left the game for other games.... and the community just went down - too many kids.... too many ppl grief other ppl...
    However i have to admit - Pote has a good potential - its just that - i dont see PWG making this potential a reality (ever!) and its not coz they cant.... its coz they dont want to (and im saying this based on some live chats with the Devs in PWG).
    anyway - have fun every1 - just move on to a diffrent game - many cool games out there!
    sunflame.

sunflame if there is an time the akkans on ryl1 my needs ya that now is the time they want all the ''l33t'' ppl back cuz the akkans are getting bashed now .. but oh well image nice to see you again.

hope i will see you ingame sometime to kick bahamut's *** image

LOL.... not a chance there......

IM pass this game - as good as it is - its over for me now.

After playing other games i finally see there is more to MMO then this crappy old RYL. only thing i miss about RYL is the fighting system.... it was done very well - only problem is that its not fully party support like in other games.

Anyway - ull probably see me in Vangaurd next^^

sunflame.

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

wow... seems like an ex-ryl player's thread to bag pote... can i join? ::::02::::::01::::::01::::::01::::::01::

hehehe - sure u can - we always glad to have EX-RYL players in here ::::20::

• Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43

hai

Originally posted by Sou|
    hai

Great post Soul - always ready for some spamming..... i see :P

sunflame.

• .Vicious..Vicious. Member Posts: 8

Wow, its a little weird to hear from some of the old names... Still play RYL PoTe when I have the time. I suppose that it would be alot more fun now that alot of people are hitting cap level If you guys were all still here. I have to be quite honest in the fact that I went back to RYL1 MY for about a month...man it was just sucky as hell for me. Although I think you could hit 95 in 2 weeks there if you dedicated yourself. Also I found that the game is alot easier since you can buy anything you need with actual currency. I didnt really get the chance to play with Levi and Kallen except for in RYL1, and sunflame killed me quite abit. I respect your opinions and am not unsupporting your positions, but I still find PoTe extremely original and fun.

You guys were the best and maybe thats why it got boring...no one could beat ya very often. I bet you would find it a major undertaking to try and compete now though.

Good Luck to you all and keep us updated as to where you guys are playing now.

Take Care all

Vicious1

If u asking (or saying) whats better.... MY or NA then u gotta know that the answer isnt as simple as "NA" oe "MY" there are some things that are better in NA and some better in MY/ for Example

the community in NA is a lot better. ppl are nicer - less KS GMs more active (atleast from my experiance - which was about a year ago). But PWG keep making promises they cant keep - keep telling lies - keep banning ppl for no reason (other then abusing powers). and RYL2 in MY is free (which is a major factor for some of us - not for me though).

To be honest - if PWG (NA) would bring back RYL1 - ill be back playing there for sure. but even though x.facor told me 3 month ago that he is trying to get it back - i dont think we will see it happens any time soon.

sunflame.

• .Vicious..Vicious. Member Posts: 8

Well I agree there were alot of aspects of RYL 1 that really kept me excited for a long time...getting killed by you,Ekanga,Greenbee,Epic. That stuff made you mad and want to level even harder. There was a time when it became like crack for me, Wanted more and more...

RYL:PoTe never really had that same whole excitment for me, In the Beginning. The thing is now that im on during a good time when we were underdogs for so long. (Azreal akkans have been big underdogs for awhile, Until now image) Now we are getting stronger again and things are exciting as ever to me. I respect all of you that put your time and dedication into this game. I also wish you guys still played (On Azreal). But I understand and my post was more of a props to you guys that played for so long and made the game great. Just let me ask you this, Are any of you going to come back if Underworld comes out in the next few months? Or because they couldnt get it out in the timeframe they said, are you going to stay away from RYL:PoTe forever?

GL with you all,
    Missed by many,
    Vicious1

I cannt answer for the rest but me (and my friends from RYL) are not going to come back to RYL:POTE - no matter what patch and new stuff theyll release - the game just has a few major problems in the base build - and no1 is even trying to fix it....

I was playing RYL1 MY for a while (my life off is lvl 94 there ) and Ekanga also - last time i talked to him he had a gunner 84 there - so IF ill go back anywhere it would be RYL1.

sunflame.

• robin13robin13 Member Posts: 5

- Fed up,
    Thanks. Kallen

i agree it too i think its the best mmorpg but i hate p2p
  • Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43
    come on im bored lets revive this!

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

I remember RYL 1 back in 2004,when I was first discovering MMORPG's. RYL's graphical style and music amazed me. In fact,pretty much EVERYTHING amazed me; the 3d-ness,the fighting,the sense of PvP. Awesomeness!

The lag sucked but I wasn't on a broadband connection back then,truth be told. I quit RYL when I hit level 18 or so,having been impressed with it,although the lagness eventually got to me. Even though the warp to the second island meant a circle of opposite-union gankers,it was fun to watch the PvP chaos. I remember being on the 'orcish' side and fighting a Giant..dinosaur thing on the first island. I remember the community uproar when one of the bosses was (regularly,but on a hourly time limit of like 8 hours?) spawned in that human canyon place,and I dashed to glimpse it and got killed by him. And behold an army of players tackling him,and he looked AWESOME!

I also first heard about WOW on here; I mocked it then,then I go on to play WOW for a year and a bit. Sigh lol.

2005 I get broadband and I decide I want to try RYL again. Sadly,by then RYL was P2P with a 7-day trial,and alas I went away. Shame really; I'd like to have played RYL again in its F2P days. It had....something that took hold of me like EVE and WOW does/did.

I think RYL was my first 3d MMO also.  Good times,good times.