Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Exclusive: Codemasters Signs DDO

13»

Comments

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178

big news would have been "the beta for ddo is going to begin several months early because codemasters is taking over".

who really gives a **** who makes a game? i just want to play it, this isnt really an announcement.. ::::11::

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Ok it might not be BIG news but its GOOD news!

I have had a very high opinion of Codemasters ever since falling in love with Operation Flashpoint and the series it spawned. Easily the most underated computer games of all time.

Good luck to the team at CM. I look forward to DD EU since I dont seem to be able to get into any of the US pre-orders anymore...

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ZzenoZzeno Codemasters Community ManagerMember Posts: 15

Blimey, didn't expect the hype machine to go this far out of control. It's a shame I'm not feeling the love from a number of members here but to the rest of you positive guys, thank you :)

I'm sure Satine will be on later to give you a good spanking. (Feel free to take this imagery further)

Michael Rowland
    Producer
    Codemasters Online

• SatineSatine Codemasters Community ManagerMember Posts: 5

*And in a poof of smoke, Satine appeared...*

Hi everyone! I watched this thread in amazement over the weekend and thought I'd let you all get it out of your system and see the overall reaction before commenting.

Thanks to all of you for all your reactions - positive or negative. Some reaction is better than no reaction ;) Whilst it may not be big news to some of you, particularly people in North America, it IS big news to the Europeans as with several other companies, the poor European gamers are either forgotten about, or given a sub-standard treatment because, well who knows? They still pay full-price and they are as passionate about games as many Americans.

From my perspective as a European gamer, I think this is excellent news. Not only will the Europeans get the same level of treatment and service as the Americans, they will get it at the same time. They won't get a six month-later release and they won't get forced to play in English. As a DDO fan, this to me, is great news!

From my perspective as a Codemasters employee this is sweet, sweet news. Now I get to be part of a superb and very exciting game. Not only do I get to play this game as part of my job, but I also get to spend all day talking about this game with the community and my friends.

From my perspective as a member of the Codemasters Online Gaming team, this of course is wonderful news. Within the last month or two we've announced two huge titles and we are going to take the MMO world by storm. For any company just one of these titles would be a scoop, we have two!

All in all, shame on those of you who are so selfish as to not care whether your fellow gamers, guildies and community colleagues aren't serviced properly, if at all. If roles were reversed you'd soon speak up.

Anyhow, here's to the future and to DDO! The press release goes out today and our new forums open too! Be sure to stop by and say hello :)

Satine.

• xlartixlarti Member Posts: 2

I don't really know if I'm relieved it's not SOE.
    Because now we have a bunch of "noobs" that's going to run a serverpark.
    Look at blizzard here in europe: Wow is running ridiculous in peak hours these days
    (at least here in europe).
    They have said time and time again that it's their ISP and not their fault. (well whooptidoo, fix it, morons)
    I just hope codemasters will learn from other people's mistakes and be damn sure to have enough juice in their servers (and connections) to handle the load!

• EndemondiaEndemondia Member Posts: 231

You are just doing the PR thing but as in politics so too gaming spin as very passe.

NOW if you had said we are taking online gaming to the next level by bringing back role playing then my ears (and maybe something else) would prick up.

Role playing in games...it is what a computer is made for. All i ask is for one arena that is randomly generated using the original D&D rules...and do not insult me by saying you do not know what i mean.

OK just in case you are unfamiliar with the DM concept...here goes...the DM (computer in your game build) will elect from a series of tables to create a unique map..to illustrate a= swamp b=desert c grassland d = mountains you abcd all the squares on map and in those squares you abcd the loot the monster etc etc...the purpose of this to have a randomly generated map to sustain the human need for the unexpected...if it worked for 30 years with dice then you can damn well do it with the modern pc...

so come back with this news and then you will have every ones attention..If not my genius is wasted on you ants.

• adeladel Member UncommonPosts: 24
    i am not a euro gammer ... but i think this is great news for them Codemasters is a great company and they have contrated http://www.alchemicdream.net/ to hadel their support for MMORPG's they are a good company with some other games up their sleves. Read up on them you euro gammers... DDO has served you well.
  • PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Satine Not only will the Europeans get the same level of treatment and service as the Americans, they will get it at the same time. They won't get a six month-later release and they won't get forced to play in English.

If the game and all of it's expansions will always be released at the same time everywhere in the world and if the localisation is of superb quality, then this is good news for European "D&D Online"-Fans. We will see...

Adel: What is "Alchemic Dream"s role here or are they only involved in the "RF Online"-thing?

• MaShneegroMaShneegro Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Herithius

Heh, Im sure D&D Online aren't thrilled with giving mmorpg.com this exclusive and to have it be met with such widespread dissapointment.

If you think this is widespread dissapointment just wait till this game come out.
    Better they start getting used to it now than be suprised come release image