Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get A Life

Second Life is an expansive online society, lived in and built by its participants. Join a 3D world full of people, activity, and fun, where you and fellow residents can build a shared reality. You choose your own goals – travel and explore, claim and build on virtual land, make friends and socialize, or vie for status and wealth. Whatever you choose to do, your Second Life starts now.

Fly through an ever-evolving 3D landscape and encounter wonderful places and things – all created by residents like you. A lone cabin on a peaceful island. A growing city. Mysterious ancient ruins. A Wild West town. There’s no end to what you can discover, and it’s never the same twice.

Change your appearance to look like anything – an imaginary superhero, a mythical monster, or your own mirror image. Or, change your surroundings. Build your dream home. Make art. Become a world-famous clothing designer. Collaborate with others to build a major civic work – or an entire city. Let your imagination run wild!

Discover a vibrant society bustling with people and activities. Make friends at a dance contest or a treasure hunt. Host social events and create your own fun. Throw wild parties. Run a comedy club. MC a fashion show. At every event, you’ll meet fascinating people – who will intrigue, inspire, and entertain you.

Become the world’s most popular or wealthiest resident. Win votes for your personality, appearance, or building skills. Build a disco and charge admission. Sell your art, clothing, or weapons. Win a trivia contest. Battle other contestants over a defended treasure. Or, compete in games of your own invention. There are many goals to choose from – pick your “game” and play to win.

Comments

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    While I have heard good things about the game and I will admit the idea is interesting, seriously tell me, how much are they paying you to go around and advertise like this on other forums?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -Putt's Law

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I got the free trial for about a day and deleted it. It's a great idea but the game itself stinks. If a big name company did it, it would be so awesome though.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

I would try this game out but they don't know jack about ATI Radeon cards so f^ck it.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

i got a radeon w00t!

• QuaduceQuaduce Member Posts: 59
    I was on beta for this. Nothing special really. "There" is similar and looks alot better imo.

• BuckWeaverBuckWeaver Member Posts: 2

FYI Squee, I don't get paid anything for my comments. I think if you put a link on your website they give you a referral fee of $.05 or something like that. I just enjoying playing Second Life and their words describe it best. It is so much more interesting than constant battling and warring like so many other games. To borrow from NASCAR, "Anything else is just a game"

Also, they do support Radeon cards, 'There' is a glorified flash animation 3D chat room where you can't build anything, and the whole point is Secondf Life is not a typical game where you have to reach goals determined by the designers. You make your own goals and "play" how you want. (Simliar to Real Life)

If you dont like constant battling and warring why are you posting this on an mmorpg site? Lots of us like to build up a character and do quests. And "FYI" you can't go for your own goals there are lots of limits.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Those links sure looked like affiliate links to me - they have a code ID being passed into the second life site.  Please don't use our forums to try and profit.

Thanks image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Who cares nobody's gonna play the game anyways lol..