Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion after 3 hours play

Feels like I'm playing a beta or something.. too much clunkyness and just feels uncomplete.

Aside from that and the community being real rude jerks.. its a fun game. TYo be honest most fun I've had in a MMORPG in years..

might stick to this one if things get fixed. either that or UO

Comments

• randomkidrandomkid Member Posts: 6

i played the Beta of RYL, it was awsome.....

there is no spoon... -- The Matricks

• RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120

It has potential but right now it has to be the worst game of this type I have ever played:

Tons of bugs that interfere with major gameplay elements

Worst interface of all times that you can not remap

Weakest storyline ever

No GM control whatsoever to the point that jerks were even harrassing the GM who came on to deal with him and all the GM could do is threaten to take a screenshot! LOL

Major nerfing all the time, removing god's pirates (a major part of the game) where all new players began, etc.

Offering $1MIL prize to bolster increase players then backing out on the deal  (now being investigated in California because they can't show they had the ability to pay this prize in the first place)

One of the hardest systems to sign up (even buggier than the game itseld)

I have been in a number of early betas that were more complete than this finished product

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

what server / race

• FeihtFeiht Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by WazMeister
    Feels like I'm playing a beta or something.. too much clunkyness and just feels uncomplete.

I felt the same way. The game was very clunky feeling. When I first created my charactor I logged into water.. and when I found a place on the shore that I could actually get on, a monster killed me. It felt like an alpha test...

• mikajamamamikajamama Member Posts: 8

Well, I thought that they fixed the bug of logging on and dropping into the water. And there should have been no monsters that would have attacked you near a shore that you could have swam to at the dock. You would have had to swim all the way to the Ichman kings to have died and that was pretty far.

Anyways, yeah the game is very clunky. If you like single player things this isn't the game for you either. This is the only game that I have played and felt like I was still in beta.

They said they were going to add story content as the game progressed, but to start off with no story, it kinda sucked.

• HaughtsmHaughtsm Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by jpomatto

It has potential but right now it has to be the worst game of this type I have ever played:
    Tons of bugs that interfere with major gameplay elements
    Worst interface of all times that you can not remap
    Weakest storyline ever
    No GM control whatsoever to the point that jerks were even harrassing the GM who came on to deal with him and all the GM could do is threaten to take a screenshot! LOL
    Major nerfing all the time, removing god's pirates (a major part of the game) where all new players began, etc.
    Offering $1MIL prize to bolster increase players then backing out on the deal  (now being investigated in California because they can't show they had the ability to pay this prize in the first place)
    One of the hardest systems to sign up (even buggier than the game itseld)
    I have been in a number of early betas that were more complete than this finished product

True.

True.

True.

True.

Not really anywhere close to that bad. And GM's can ban on spot as well as mute and kick, so that statment is clearly false. Now a GUIDE doesn't have any powers. They are merely normal players who get a tag for helping other players.

The GP thing was neccessary, but could've been handled better. That also has nothing to do with PWG as the hosting company. It was a decision made by the developers in Korea.

No basis in truth. Only a rumor started by ex-players disgruntled over the suspension of the tournament. Hell, don't you think that would be in a real newspaper somewhere? Yeah. Think before you throw gasoline onto a bonfire.

I've seen worse...MUCH worse.

And finally, so true.

Great post once you eliminate the blatant exaggerations and rumored falsities that have NOTHING to back them up. You can be objective and honest without lying and giving extra wieght through exaggerations. If the truth alone is not enough to persuade someone one way or another then it must be opinion.

NOT a fanboy, just someone who believes you should at least be honest regardless of your stance. Love or hate, just state your opinion's and facts...not your opinions AS facts.

• daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

I played the game at launch and a month after.  The most rediculous game I EVER PLAYED.

Here let me just give you an example so you can walk away:

Developer:  Oh %$#@!  We forgot to change the exp gain system!  People are gaining levels like crazy!!

max level person only in a few hours : Awesome I just got max level

Developer: Ok there, now leveling should take a few days.

max level person : too bad I'm already max level!

This seriously happened, I got in the game and gained 20 levels in 5 mins.  I joined as soon as the game launched by ordering online and this is what I saw.  Rediculous.  Not professional at all.

Then this is the real funny part:

They steal a system from lineage 2 (the sit down and become a shop method) only there's one town that EVERYONE has to go to to sell things so what ends up happening?  You can barely walk in the town in the first couple of days because everyone is a shop!  You go around looking for a group but it's so LAGGY in the town with all the people sitting down you end up having to log off!  lol

it gets even better:

For about a week after launch you couldn't turn the sound off!  Sound off didn't work! LOL

Shall I continue?  Do you really need more?  Worst game ever.  They stole an idea, a really good system and idea and managed to f it up.

• I saw RYL POTE is a part 2 of RYL and I am playing the RYL part 1 , seem like nore complete game then part 2 and more focus ,the guild war system is fantastic which is two major nation fighting each other ,if you wish to try , thats a trial period at www.ryl.com.my

or POTE ryl at RYL.net for part 2