Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's next for me?

So I started playing MMOs January 3rd '04, when I picked up Star Wars Galaxies.  Played this game for over a year, enjoyed it not because of it's awful game play.  Instead because of two reasons, great community, and ease to be able to switch professions at the drop of a hat in 2-3 days of work.

After SWG faded for me (about the time the community I knew and loved left for other games), I felt out of place and decided to try my hands at another MMORPG.  A lot of people had left for World of Warcraft, so I figured i'd give it a shot.  Been playing World of Warcraft since about January of '05 and had quite a lot of fun.  I picked up City of Heroes, and had to cancel my subscription soon after, it's really not a bad game, except my biggest issue is that missions all looked exactly the same.  Almost all of them took place in Caves and Burning buildings, with NPCs that all looked exactly the same.  After that I picked up Guild Wars just recently and enjoyed it, but I dont know if this game has very good long term game play.  Thats ok for me though, because it's not costing me anything per month to play so no big deal.  So now I'm at the point, where I'm not sure how much longer World of Warcraft will last me, my guild does Onxyia/MC/BWL almost every day, world PVP is so much fun but it just doesn't exist because of BG, which I might add I find mind numbingly boring.  I recently tried EQ2 trial, and from what I played at the moment the game seems fairly decent.  I wouldn't even have considered the game earlier, but since they said they'll be adding PVP maybe I will.  Also I did try EVE Online trial, but my main problem with that game was, theres no Human section of the game.  It's just ships, and you can only see really the exterior of them, I prefer something that looks like more like a living breathing world.

So should I give EQ2 a shot, or what other MMOs should I try?

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

if you liked the trial then play EQ2. I'd also recommend trying Saga of Ryzom which has some pvp at the upper levels. Saga has a great community. It lacks any high end raid content but it will probably take you a few months to get to that point.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Awww... EVE is a great game though... Not for everybody I admit though.

You should give EQ2 a stab. I thought it better then WoW on many levels... and inferior on others. If you like Crafting then EQ2 is definately better.

I guess SoR is pretty good, I enjoyed it alot.

There's really alot of games to choose from... just depends what you like, you really didn't give much of that.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• juice_popsjuice_pops Member UncommonPosts: 70

I'm looking for a new one too, but I want one with no monthly fee. Any ideas anyone?

Blorg

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271

To answer your question Juice

Free MMORPGs

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by juice_pops
    I'm looking for a new one too, but I want one with no monthly fee. Any ideas anyone?
    I don't understand this huge push for people with no monthly fee... all the "good ones" are going to be subscription based. Get over it.

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."