Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isn't it funny....

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
 Isn't it funny when you read the forums from way back. I looked in the ac2 forum and someone said he's quitting eq to go straight for it, because it's going to be awesome. Then another says " I don't think it will compete with SWG". Of course now we know neither of them did well.. You should read the old forums their quite amusing.image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• anti_ssmanti_ssm Member Posts: 50
    Yes, but for the love of God!  Don't post a reply! *eyes digitydarkman*

"Doesn't anyone in this town wear pants?"

"Doesn't anyone in this town wear pants?"

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    Hey, dont eyeball me!

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

stupid double posting crapimage
    Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65

The old forums are a great place to have a conversation with yourself. As a matter of fact, I feel another good conversation coming coming on right now... I'd ask you all to come with me, lol, but myself has something myself wants to talk privately about, so I guess you're all uninvited.image sorry guys! :p

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by Brazor

The old forums are a great place to have a conversation with yourself. As a matter of fact, I feel another good conversation coming coming on right now... I'd ask you all to come with me, lol, but myself has something myself wants to talk privately about, so I guess you're all uninvited.image sorry guys! :p

That is one of the most hillirious things I've read on these forums yet!  I hope you have a very interesting discussion image

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• BrazorBrazor Member Posts: 65
    Good to know you have a sense of humor. image

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by rathma
     Isn't it funny when you read the forums from way back. I looked in the ac2 forum and someone said he's quitting eq to go straight for it, because it's going to be awesome. Then another says " I don't think it will compete with SWG". Of course now we know neither of them did well.. You should read the old forums their quite amusing.image

Again you using the word SWG did not do well.

Why do you keep thinking this?

Or is close to 300,000 accounts from a north american release only not doing well?

Unless you mean it does not have the clients of EQ yes its falling behind but it has more then DAoC and UO has .And I don't think any of those games you can say did not do well.

Yes I don't think SWG is all that great and can get boring ,but even if i hated the game does not mean that it is not doing well.

I myself am losing patients with the developers and their bugs and nerfs.

Obviously despite all the trolling,many still like it to get that numbers .

After the europe release end of this month I would like to see the figures of SWG it might actually close in very close to EQ's 450,000.

So no I don't know that SWG did not do well,news to me.

Yes AC2 sadly did not do well and had poor numbers to show for it  .Pity I really like the community in that game.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by hercules

Originally posted by rathma

Again you using the word SWG did not do well.

Why do you keep thinking this?

Or is close to 300,000 accounts from a north american release only not doing well?

Unless you mean it does not have the clients of EQ yes its falling behind but it has more then DAoC and UO has .And I don't think any of those games you can say did not do well.

Yes I don't think SWG is all that great and can get boring ,but even if i hated the game does not mean that it is not doing well.

I myself am losing patients with the developers and their bugs and nerfs.

Obviously despite all the trolling,many still like it to get that numbers .

After the europe release end of this month I would like to see the figures of SWG it might actually close in very close to EQ's 450,000.

So no I don't know that SWG did not do well,news to me.

Yes AC2 sadly did not do well and had poor numbers to show for it  .Pity I really like the community in that game.

From the amount that said they were going to play from the amount that play now shows the difference that it didn't do too well. I know theres tons of people who still play. My friends brother still plays but just because he's addicted to every video game there is. All he sits and does is give out drinks at the cantine or sit in the doctors area healing people for hours. I guess i've bagged on SWG too much though, there are some good things in the game, but there are others that were completely terrible which (IMO mind you) brought the game down alot. BTW, i know from 15-20 people that quit and a bunch of others that don't like it so probably quit too which comes out to about 40.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • DemonicasDemonicas Member Posts: 102

Yeah Ac2 bombed. I d/l'ed the 15 day trial and i got hooked for the first 10 days. ( got to lvl 33 in those 10 days, i had no life,lol ) But soon after i got bored quickly. so bored that i just kept making a new account on the trial whenever it ran out, and ac2 became a fancy chat room for me. Btw, that 15-day trial is B.S. It only lasts like 13 days at tops. the first trial account i had said it expired and it was only 12 days after i d/l'ed it!

Anywayz, yeah its sad about Ac2 doing soo porely. The people in that game kicked ass. Its always easy to join a guild, ( provided you can find enough people online at one time )

And just about everyone will help you. Real shame it bombed.

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

I saw an angel of death come from the clouds one day, it touched my heart and smiled, then flew away, i felt my heart turn black and cold, and embraced this new power that i now hold

Yeah agreed demon the AC2 community was second to none.

I played many MMORPG and have seen many communities and this game has the best .Sadly the gameplay is so horrible that the player community does not compensate for it.

As for SWG,it is fans  that predicted that SWG will surpass the 500,000 mark not the developers or SoE(at least not publically).I doubt there is any article that a SoE offical came out and said 500,000 or bust.

Yeah you know 40 people that have quit or might soon quit and I probabaly know same amount that can't wait for a euro release to buy it.

From my playtime I rarely see shortage of new players myself.

SWG is not for everyone's taste but as the figures shows there are people that like it a lot.In short most of the complaints i see on the offical board is about bugs and class imbalance not the lack of things to do.

If any pay to play game that  can hit the 100,000 mark it has done wonderfully well.

At 275,000 accounts at $15 it is a whooping 4 million dollars a month .

If mythic has become a big player with 250,000 accounts i think its safe to say SWG is a commerical success.

Personally for those that predicted the game would hit over the 500,000 i think it was been a bit optimistic .

The western market is saturated with MMORPGs as it is  and there is a limited supply of people willing to pay to play.

So if you want to say it is a failure from the review point you can say so,much like phantom menace is a failure in review.But commerically i think 4 million a month revenue is not bad at all.

For whatever reason people are playing this game  it is still a commerical success,whether it is because any video game makes them addicts or just that they want to be in the star wars world .

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Accounding to VI http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/press.jsp?page=Press SWG has about 300K accounts.

I'm not sure why that makes it a good game, as people keep trying to point out. Star Wars is one of the biggest media icons in the US. It's huge, I bet millions dress up in costume to go to the movies. Star Wars have a HUGE following. it's even a official religion in some countries. http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/29331.html Why wouldn't a Star Wars fan want to play a MMO version. The problem is, it doesn't mean they keep playing.

As Game Spy has pointed out... it's not a good game. http://www.gamespy.com/articles/october03/galaxies2/ They aren't alone in saying this, the bad SWG press runs deep.  The test of MMO isn't on how many they can get on the 1st day. It's how many they have playing on day 365 or on day 1,095.

Can a popular title keep you playing a game?

How many players do you think the Matrix MMO will have on day one? Or MEO?

-=-=-=-=-
    A game is only late untill it's released, but it's bad forever.
    A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Yep like I said bad reviews ,many hate it(heck there are many EQ bashers out there too) BUT it does not mean the game did or is doing badly.

Commerically its a success no doubt.

I find it hard to believe people still play UO but I can't say the game is doing badly because I don't like it.It has still about 200,000 accounts so thats doing GOOD.

Yes long term is where MMO counts but cosidering it been out for 4 months by which time many games like AC2 and shadowbane had empty servers its doing quite well.