Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slappy (Stabby on these forums) has been fired--anyone know why?

Threads on this topic in the RYL forums are locked and there has been no explanation.

Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Jenny2Jenny2 Member Posts: 37

I posted this in these forums on August 16 with regards to the poor way they've conducted the million-dollar tournament:

"Then some heads better roll, because you guys are screwing this one up big time."

I guess they were reading. image

• StabbyStabby Member Posts: 39

Well hello my friends.

I would like to address you and all of your feelings on the current situation of Planetwide Games, and more specifically, RYL: Path of the Emperor and myself.

As you know, I am no longer with the company. This does not weaken Planetwide Games at all and I would like you all to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Planetwide Games was formed from a group of guys that have been through the wringer in the game industry. We were tired of the "typical" way that games were made and more specifically, the way that the teams were treated. We've tried to keep a family atmosphere all the way through all stages of development and we watch out for each other and take care of each other, no matter what.

Creating / localizing / hosting any MMORPG is no easy task. I can recall countless nights of being awake for 40+ hours just to make sure that the next patch would be something that I would be proud of, that WE would be proud of as a company or that YOU would be proud of as the player. I can assure you that there is no team on this, or any other planet, that works as hard for the community as Planetwide Games. But, you already know this.

I know you have your doubts and issues with what has been said and done in the past and particularly over the last few days, but let these guys do their job. I assure you that in the long run, it will be worth it and you will see a fantastic new way of running a game company that has never before been attempted in this industry.

Planetwide Games wants to give back to the community. We want to change the normal operating procedures. This WILL happen, that I promise you. The only way to achieve this lofty goal is action. I can assure you that the team you have leading right now can, and will, perform above your expectations.

I may not be a part of the team anymore, but I can assure you that I left you in good hands with the team that is there. They will go above and beyond to make sure that you are heard and that any issues you have will be answered.

Change like this does not occur overnight. So please be patient as they work towards making this game the game that YOU want, the game that WE want, and the game that I want.

Stick with Planetwide Games, they will remind you why you were so drawn to this company in the first place...

I hate to quote 80's pop culture, but the future is so bright, I gotta wear shades...

Forgive me for a second, but I'm going to use real names here... When you see Kyle, Damien, Ben, Ning, Hsiang, Jenny, Rob, Marc, Ryan, Polly, Marv, Kevin, Bob, James, Ron, Ralph, Dave, Stacy, Mark, Bill, Tom, or anybody else that I have forgotten in-game, give them a MASSIVE thanks. We did the impossible up to this point and they will continue doing so.

Everybody at Planetwide Games would like to thank all of you for your support through this transition and I'm proud to have been a part of this process and wouldn't trade 1 single second for all of the riches
    on earth. You guys made it worth it. For that, I thank you.

I love all of you and wish nothing but the best for you and Planetwide Games. This is hardly the end.

Be good to each other. I'll see you in-game.

Much love!

-Chip Bumgardner
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

if this really is slappy will you be playing ryl still if so what server/ race

slappy=::::24::

• Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43

hes been fired,xfactor and the ceo teamed up on him

belive it or not its the truth

• Jenny2Jenny2 Member Posts: 37
    Looks like he screwed up the tournament.
  • bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

Originally posted by Jenny2
    Looks like he screwed up the tournament.

no one screwed up the tournament but the players, and pwg took action.