Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Off Topic does not mean SPAM

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Enough already of the trash being posted in the off topic section.  I am getting sick and tired of the crap being posted in all of these forums.  If you don't have something decent to post about, don't waste our forums with your worthless crap.

I am working on a more effective system for banning users this weekend, and will be looking forward to using it to clean up the garbage around here.

This is a warning - post legitimate stuff or you will be removed.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

[Deleted User]

Comments

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    That being said, does off topic really not mean spam? It sounds like you're getting a bit tired of the off topic forum.

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    god bless you, this place is really getting a lot of not useful post, posts that are being compleatly use to max post count and not to talk about things like they are suppose to do, plus i think that the spam forum should be use to set the threads taht are just spam and close them so no one can tlak in there anymore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

[Deleted User]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by Samusic
    That being said, does off topic really not mean spam? It sounds like you're getting a bit tired of the off topic forum.

What I am getting really tired of is seeing people post a bunch of trash:

a) topics about other members (ie. "Here is a pic of <insert name> - he is a dork")

b) anything that is a pointless post, intended to boost a post count

c) a post that changes the topic completely

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I am not really here to single anyone out.  But yes, it is seemingly just a few people doing this.

I am quite sure they know who they are.

I would just like to see the forums become full of good discussions - not something that looks like an Instant Messenger conversation.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

This shouldn't be like this...  enough is enough.

After Admin, kT and myself still have given fair warning,  this still continues. . .

Last warning. . .  for everyone.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

[Deleted User]

What will he do next?
  • BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    admin but it meens off-topic dont that meen anything 8)

If that were the case we would not have a spam forum.  Off topic still requires that you have something usefull to discuss.  Examples:

a) other types of games
    b) movies
    c) music
    d) etc, etc

What angers me is to see a legitimate topic started and then see people run it off course with stupid posts that have absolutely no purpose other than to raise a post count.

I think I am going to remove the post count from peoples profiles very soon.  We are going to come up with a unique system to gauge peoples activity in the site.  Either that or we just need some really tough moderation around here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    If this does not stop, I will take time out of my daily workouts to crack down.  If i'm going to have to do that, there are going to be a lot of deleted posts w/ hardcore moderation.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

The post count thing I've always thought to be kind dumb. You must think of a different system, I think.

Too many people. Then people start writing short posts apparently to raise their post count, which makes admins actively look for spam which, in turn, makes other people have to worry that their post is going to be deleted because somebody thought it was spam.

*Exasperated sigh* If an admin has to constantly and actively watch for spam they may delete a short post that wasn't really spam when otherwise, they would not.

Yeah, a lot of the people at this site do things like that.  You guys are teenagers +, you know better.

www.mmorpg.com - staff

Most of the people creating the havoc are around the age of teens.  So, therefore I singled them out. Makes sense, yeah?

www.mmorpg.com - staff

• Gamer1337Gamer1337 Member Posts: 106

ahh ok ok

about how many teens do we have on this site?

I dont know. They just create a lot of bull shit that shouldnt be here. They proclaim to be teenagers

www.mmorpg.com - staff

you should REALLY set a minimum age to join the site...

it would help with this "Bullshit" you speak ofimage

Who's to say an older member wouldn't have a maturity spasm and act ten again. It wouldn't help anything! Besides, the teenagers are cool, they just need to keep the flame wars to an Instant Messenger conversation

www.mmorpg.com - staff

ahh i see

sometimes though, this is the only way of coomunication for them...

KillerTwinkie, i started a thread that i THOUGhT was in the spam seciont...but i acidently put it under off topic....

could u move it without getting mad plz?

thanks

No problem!  The only thing I'm mad about is all of the Immaturity, this is a business that Admin is running image

So, until it all cools down, it's gonna be hardcore mod from me for a few days

www.mmorpg.com - staff

The difference between a spam board and an off topic board is.....?

off topic if off topic games...

as in movies, other non mmo games and music

spam is just....everything else hehe

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

spam is like the trash heap of the boards. off topic means theres still a topic, its just off from mmorpg's.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    yeah everyone is right, here, kt, dj, jj and admin should be hard mods for the members here, like admin that works very hard to get this place up todate bu then some ppl just flood the "forums" with useless or posible to reply posts like, lol ir yeah, or just simple words that won´t provide anything t the site, i mean i don´t care for the post count, i have been here longrer than some ppl and i stil haven´t got the 300 posts, or something like that, just becuase i just reply to thread i care about and i know is right to do that, like to ask for something or just give my idea, i think the post count should be kept but it will have  minimun of words so it counts as 1 post, i.e. 10 words in a post is considered minimum so it counts as 1 post, if the person doesn´t provide more than 9 then they won´t have a post, so wçthis will make ppl that want to boost the post count to post atleast intelligent things, like images won´t be count as 1 word and so, i can provide tons of ideas if you guys are interested image

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

WeepWeep, you might as well not exist on this site. Every post I see by you is deleted. I wonder why that is...

Lately they've been getting deleted pretty damn quickly.

This discussion has been closed.