Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memory Fragments in the Pearl Shop

deadtrackdeadtrack Member UncommonPosts: 57
BDO Forums Link about this issue:

If you have been following the MMO Podcast you may recall a few months ago when they discussed the Blessing of Kama being released in the NA/EU cash shop.

History: This item was the golden example of how the game was NOT GOING to be Pay2Win.  They specifically stated it was not in the cash shop because it was Pay2Win.

So rightfully so they where criticized on the Podcast as to why they would put the one item they specifically said they would not into the game.  A very poor business decision.

Memory Fragments: These are a crucial item in upgrading your equipment that was added to the cash shop via several methods.  The newest one breaks down the fabric of the game even further by just putting them directly into the cash shop as a "bonus item".

They have been controversial since their release as being the most Pay2Win item in the game.
PhryMikeha

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Shit P2W Games continually add Shit P2W items to there games , Everything is working as inteneded
    Nilden[Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Scorchien said:
    Everything is working as inteneded
    :D
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    The more pay to win an MMO becomes...the more likely its because the game is bleeding players and doing terribly.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2018
    Tamer finds her Heilang. The bond begins :) 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    deadtrack said:
    BDO Forums Link about this issue:

If you have been following the MMO Podcast you may recall a few months ago when they discussed the Blessing of Kama being released in the NA/EU cash shop.

History: This item was the golden example of how the game was NOT GOING to be Pay2Win.  They specifically stated it was not in the cash shop because it was Pay2Win.

So rightfully so they where criticized on the Podcast as to why they would put the one item they specifically said they would not into the game.  A very poor business decision.

Memory Fragments: These are a crucial item in upgrading your equipment that was added to the cash shop via several methods.  The newest one breaks down the fabric of the game even further by just putting them directly into the cash shop as a "bonus item".

They have been controversial since their release as being the most Pay2Win item in the game.
    You can't use memory fragments to upgrade equipment, they can be used to repair max durability on equipment that can be lost if you fail to upgrade something, but they are normally only really used for repairing boss equipment because its an expensive method to repair stuff. For none boss gear its cheaper to use other equipment, repairing a yuria bow by using another yuria bow repairs 10%  max durability, or 40% if you use an artisans memory.
    Mikeha
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am convinced the OP does not play this game. Aside from errors in their posts they seem to be truly perverse to continue playing a game they dislike this much.
    MikehaPhry

kitarad said:
    I am convinced the OP does not play this game. Aside from errors in their posts they seem to be truly perverse to continue playing a game they dislike this much.
    Made more than a few basic errors tbh, like memory fragments being crucial to upgrading equipment, when they aren't used in upgrading anything, instead its concentrated armour stones and concentrated weapon stones that are crucial/integral to upgrading equipment.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    BDO is P2W, it just takes time for that to be obvious, you need to see how much gold it takes to level up items and how hard it is to generate that sort of gold in game. Then you realise how much the cash shop can help you out, and the P2W begins.
  • deadtrackdeadtrack Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited August 2018
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:
    Made more than a few basic errors tbh, like memory fragments being crucial to upgrading equipment, when they aren't used in upgrading anything, instead its concentrated armour stones and concentrated weapon stones that are crucial/integral to upgrading equipment.

To the contrary those who play know the value of Boss Gear and it's previous hidden stats bonus.  Upgrading lesser equipment is frankly a large waste of money and resources.  Those players also know where the bottle necks are and what's going on.

A simple question will expose everything.  If the Artisan's/Memory where not so important/OP why would people pay CASH for them?  ;)
  • koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    deadtrack said:
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:

To the contrary those who play know the value of Boss Gear and it's previous hidden stats bonus.  Upgrading lesser equipment is frankly a large waste of money and resources.  Those players also know where the bottle necks are and what's going on.

A simple question will expose everything.  If the Artisan's/Memory where not so important/OP why would people pay CASH for them?  ;)

you talking about the "event" they are running currently? the 100 artisan + 20 frags one? i dont think its selling at all as they are also running the 115 artisan one as well which is much better value for your money.. even tho it costs arm and a leg.. frags are very easy to farm, takes couple hours a day to gather enough scrolls to get 5-20 frags easily.
    Phry
    koira1 said:
    deadtrack said:
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:

you talking about the "event" they are running currently? the 100 artisan + 20 frags one? i dont think its selling at all as they are also running the 115 artisan one as well which is much better value for your money.. even tho it costs arm and a leg.. frags are very easy to farm, takes couple hours a day to gather enough scrolls to get 5-20 frags easily.
    if you do overnight afk fishing, you normally get enough shards to run a couple of scrolls a day, which is good for 20 memory frags at the very least, i wouldn't even buy memory frags with silver, no way would i buy them with real money, as for artisans, you can buy them with loyalty points, you can get a couple every week that way, its a nice bonus but hardly essential.  ;)
    koira1
    deadtrack said:
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:

Most use their daily loyalty points to buy artisans, sure you can use real money if your truly desperate, though i wouldn't recommend it myself as your better off spending money on a 30 day VIP pack, which is the equivalent of a monthly sub, than buying artisans. :/
    Aori said:
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:
    Mem frags are crucial to upgrading... 

I quit the game around January because the reliance on mem frags was just.. frustrating. I had full tet boss gear on my Valk. Sooooo many mem frags are needed to get anywhere, they are what kept me from doing anything. I have plenty of upgrade materials but nothing for repairs when things fail and they will fail.
    with memory fragments being so easy to get, and you supposedly had full tet, which few people try to upgrade beyond anyway, then why were you struggling to get them? shards and scrolls are easy as anything to get hold of which net you 100's of memory fragments if you spend any time at all on getting them, and at least 100 a week just from afk fishing overnight while you sleep. At that level the only real barriers to upgrading would be building failstacks, and there is no way you'd be using memory fragments doing that! :/
    Mikeha