Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you find out about Horizons???

Huh..just curious how everyone here came to be interested in Horizons....and then I guess what was the key factor that made you interested...for me i was really impressed by the massive sense of community in which i must rely upon members in the community for pretty much everything i need in the game...i think that is huge and i can't wait to see it implemented..

Comments

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I can distinctly remember finding out about Horizons after seaching around on the EQ stratics site. I remember reading every piece of information I could find and being enthralled with the enormity of the world and the diversity of the races. This is back when there was to be an undersea world with its own race, along with Demons and Vampires. Since then a lot has changed and been removed. The excitement that I had for the races and the size of the world has been shifted to the crafting and housing systems, along with the community aspect of the world. I am still as excited about Horizons now as I was then!!!

Shots out!

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

• menkadarmenkadar Member UncommonPosts: 45

i was browsing the list of games on this site and ment to click on the on above it, but ended up clicking horizons and thought damn..

But after reading the description i decided humm.. this could be good so i set ma homepage to        http://hz.stratics.com. Now i cant wait and im even in the EU beta woo

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Someone on the AyRo server in EQ mentioned Horizons over a year back. Only recently, after cancelling my EVE sub, did I think to check it out. What attracted me was the strong community aspect (community structures to unlock game content), the emphasis on a player run economy with a truly excellent crafting system, not to mention a 'frontier' sense to the world where the land becomes distinctly more hostile the further away from Civilization you are.

There are lots of common features but all implemented in an innovative way. Sometimes a game can have all the necessary features but they fail to work for you. Whilst other times, everything seems to click where the whole becomes more than the sum of its parts. Horizons looks like falling into the latter category.

It definitely feels as if the emphasis is on the community aspect.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• bboykaikibboykaiki Member Posts: 1

I remember being disenchanted with Dark Age of Camelot and was looking for a MMORPG that wasn't released but was going to be released in the new future. The place I discovered Horizons was this website actually in the game list. After that I have been very excited about it coming out and can't wait. ^_^

Go FreeBSD!

Go FreeBSD!

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    It was this site where i first discovered that and many more good looking mmorpg's.

• BlabendishenBlabendishen Member Posts: 33

I remember when Shadowbane was starting developement I was looking for another mmorpg and triped on Horizons while searching key words on www.metacrawler.com .

It was sad when the one leading the development team was kicked out of his own life time project by investers. Thats when artifact-entertainment went on a a full non-disclosure policy in order to refocus the project on a development tool kit for futur mmorpg (think like what ID did with the quake franchise). 

So they are now making horizons again, maybe to promote there new technology, but it has changed alot. I really miss the PvP aspect it had and the old playable races like demons, angels, vampires. Not to forget my favorite the goblins. Would have been interesting to play an evil midget for once. image Looks still promising, but it lost it's appeal from me though...

---------
    Gi (honesty), yu (courage), Jin (compassion), Rei (courtesy), Meyo (honor), Makoto (sincerity) and Chugo (Duty) are the Seven Tenets of Bushido. Make them yours...

---------
    Gi (honesty), yu (courage), jin (compassion), tei (courtesy), meyo (honor), makoto (sincerity) and chugo (Duty) are the Seven Tenets of Bushido. Make them yours...